Recent content by chris592

1. C

Belfast sign David Goodwin

Reddox has been a disappointment so far considering his pedigree. Something not right in this year's team, lots of individual talent but no real team chemistry yet, which is surprising as they have been together since August. It's never nice to see players lose their job and whilst I don't...
  2. C

Giants bring in.....

Former NCAA player with a good ECHL record and young. Giants have signed these players in the past, look at Darcy Murphy for example. These are talented young and hungry players. Personally rather have these kind of players who are only really starting their career. Than some 38 year old...
  3. C

Giants bring in.....

Keefers interview on the Giants website about the signing mentions they where looking an extra import to cover injuries. Mullen and Forsberg both have had injuries which have kept them out some games. Not sure if those players have been playing through it or not. But yes it's to cover recent...
  4. C

Devils vs Frölunda - 15 Oct 19 - CHL

Totally! Lulea are former SHL champions and former CHL champions also. A 4-0 loss isn't to bad we gave them a good game, had a couple of decent chances pity we didn't score. But yes these shl teams are far above the standard of the EIHL.
  5. C

Belfast v ausburger

Not sure, reckon Devils have the best chance. As I could see you take a win away to Mountfield. We played great against Liberec and Ausburger, thought we deserved that second win. But away from home I expect to lose those. I hope I'm wrong though. Shows how far the EIHL have come, competing...
  6. C

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Diablo hit the nail on the head. I take a look down the Devils roster and there is quality everywhere and big name players. Think in our (Giants) and Sheffield case is we have gone through a massive rebuild. So gave signed more of these players. Whereas you already had them and only needed...
  7. C

It's the Kelman factor. It's no surprise both teams are successful on and off the ice. From what Killer has put in place.
  8. C

Belfast departures

No wasn't saying you where. Haha but my bad wasn't implying that. Just wondering what the thread was about
  9. C

Belfast departures

Not sure what your saying, if your referring to something sectarian? Or maybe not Murphy, great player moving onto a better league. Connolly is a great player, but my goodness won't stop yapping and taking silly penalties. Giants never brought him back. Riley again great player, some great...
  10. C

think Cardiff and Belfast are the two best run teams in the league. Think it's a legacy of what killer has put in place in both organisations.
  11. C

Heard that Keefer had a bust up with Riley for not standing up after the Murphy hit. Keefer is a strong character and the way he played the game you knew as a Giants Captain he would have been charging in after that. But who knows. Anyway the way the Giants always attract players with the lure...
  12. C

Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

Tough one to take felt we (Giants that is) had most of the scoring chances. But Bowns had an immense game in net. Felt losing Murphy was big for us. Although I think the hit was clean, just unfortunate Murphy made a move around Martin? I think and got cleaned out right after. But of well 3...
  13. C

Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

Two best teams this season and it should be a barn burner if both teams are on form. We have the chance of a grand slam, and personally no better way to do it then today, if we win of course. But then on the flip side you have a very good Devils team wanting to end the season with a trophy. I...
  14. C

RUMOUR

Haha I've heard a lot of bizarre rumours but this one gotta be up there. Firstly why are Nottingham waiting to see if Belfast wins the Playoffs? In 2 seasons Keefe has 2 challenge cups, a league title and runner up in the Conti Cup. Plus has just guided his team to the PO final weekend...
  15. C

Thank god i am Welsh

Atmosphere depends on the team your playing and the type of game. We have had great atmosphere in the Odyssey a good few times this season. Conti Cup final, devil's double header for example. To be honest tonight Fife aren't putting up much of a fight, bit flat yes, but it reflects the game...