Belfast sign David Goodwin

CaldicotDevil

One in, two out. Belfast release Dupay & Forsberg. Liked the look of Dupay so I’m surprised they let him go. Maybe they’ve got a big signing in waiting.

Wannabe2

Releasing Dupay looks a bit weird, but who knows. Keefe needs to do something and isn’t as perfect as he may think, all coaches make mistakes, and they all will lose games it’s the nature of the game. Tough season this season, it’s not a walk in the park for anyone.

kingmo19.1

Dupay was bang average at best and never looked upto speed with the EIHL. Reddox must be sweating a little as he’s been a major disappointment for them too.

JC23

Sointu didn’t want to stay in the UK. He wants a higher league; Giants have brought in two guys recently. Budgets aren’t without limits.

Wanting to play in a higher league , and getting an offer from a higher league are two different things. If sointu is still without a club and giants want him , why wouldn't he play for them he'd do a very good job for them. I'd love to see him back in this league and one day back in a devils shirt. If he went to Belfast that could really bite us on the arse.

Temme

Thread starter #15
26 games this year, 4 goals, 3 assists,

Did i miss something with that Dupuy? I thought he was an awful signing (but i can't remember seeing him play so happy to be corrected) - looks like he had a year out last year, so maybe to be expected that he'd be slow starting?

His league form 14gp 1 goal, 2 assists is awful too.

Forsberg is more of a surprise for me, his league form was good (6gp -1-4 = 5 points).

Coaches know best in these situations though, I haven't really seen them play enough to have an educated opinion.

d20

seems as though some of the bigger names should be the ones gone but thats not gonna happen so these two got the boot

Dupay was bang average at best and never looked upto speed with the EIHL. Reddox must be sweating a little as he’s been a major disappointment for them too.
Reddox has been a disappointment so far considering his pedigree. Something not right in this year's team, lots of individual talent but no real team chemistry yet, which is surprising as they have been together since August.

It's never nice to see players lose their job and whilst I don't doubt their commitment and desire to succeed, something needed to change and if replacing a couple of players puts a rocket up the rest of them than so be it.

Thankfully the league is so wide open at the moment that our awful form hasn't meant we are out of the title race, but things need to change quick if we have any ambition of fighting for silverware this season.

This weekend in Cardiff is either going to be a shambles for us or it's going to turn our season around.

RedDevil17

Reddox has been a disappointment so far considering his pedigree. Something not right in this year's team, lots of individual talent but no real team chemistry yet, which is surprising as they have been together since August.

It's never nice to see players lose their job and whilst I don't doubt their commitment and desire to succeed, something needed to change and if replacing a couple of players puts a rocket up the rest of them than so be it.

Thankfully the league is so wide open at the moment that our awful form hasn't meant we are out of the title race, but things need to change quick if we have any ambition of fighting for silverware this season.

This weekend in Cardiff is either going to be a shambles for us or it's going to turn our season around.
And Giants fans said they were better off without Briles...cheers for him by the way. Really appreciate it ;):)
Always said Dupuy looked average. Goodwin seems good though

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Wasn't Forsberg injured recently as well? Makes that a bit of a raw deal. Hope these guys can get new opportunities before Xmas.