Recent content by august04

1. august04

Guildford Flames v Cardiff Devils - 16/02/20 - League

Not surprised by the result tonight. We were a little fortunate last night I thought and Guildford is a tough place to get a win, they always seem to give us a difficult night there. The title is wide open now, with the Panthers right back in it and perhaps the form team given their poor start...
  2. august04

EIHL Last Man Standing - v2.0 - Current champion - *Wannabe2*

Dundee 5 Fife 3 - Saturday
  3. august04

Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - 15/02/20 - League

A gutsy comeback but I thought the Blaze were the better team for most of the first two periods. We dominated the third though and the 2 points is all that matters going down the stretch.
  4. august04

Who’s going tonight???

I could live with a small increase if the match night experience was better. But this year, the hockey has been turgid, same old stuff with everything else too (intro, lighting, effects etc etc). Let’s hope for a more entertaining brand of hockey next season and perhaps a little more imagination...
  5. august04

Team GB vs Hungary

We used to get hammered by the refs for our physical style of play in these international tournaments. But they let everything go tonight and we were smashed all over the place. I would have liked to have seen us give some more back. Their goalie was very good.
  6. august04

EIHL Last Man Standing - v2.0 - Current champion - *Wannabe2*

Giants to beat Storm on Saturday
  7. august04

DOPS Changes

It’s pointless referring to incidents years ago, they’re just not relevant anymore with the DOPS/Situation Room set up now. Let’s be honest if someone had smacked one of our players in the head like that, we’d be calling for supplementary discipline to be dished out. Marjamaki just can’t make...
  8. august04

DOPS Changes

I’m surprised he got away with that and don’t think there would have been many complaints with a 1 or 2 game ban. No more than that though on reflection. It does make you wonder at times just what’s going on and certainly adds fuel to the conspiracy theorists’ fire!
  9. august04

DOPS Changes

I thought it was a bad hit and totally unnecessary. He seemed to raise his elbow at the guys head, just before impact. Not sure what he was thinking but if he gets away with that, then questions quite rightly need to be asked. No ban announced yet.
  10. august04

Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

Guildford are a good team, it’s never been easy in their rink. Sounds like an entertaining game and a great result for us.
  11. august04

Probably the only time I’ve ever agreed with you. Correct.
  12. august04

I’m a Man Utd supporter. Liverpool will win the league this year by a country mile. Do I like it? No. But it’s reality. You really make no sense whatsoever.
  13. august04

It looked a clear check to the head. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t sit for a couple.
  14. august04

As RedDevil17 says, it’s his opinion and he’s entitled to one as much as you. He’s right that the Steelers have been scoring for fun, just look at the goals for column in the league standings if you don’t believe him and just because he thinks they deserve to win the league, you question who he...
  15. august04

That’s a gutsy win and a decent return from a double header in Belfast between two well matched teams. I fear we may lose Marjamaki for a couple of games though.