Recent content by august04

1. august04

Devils vs Clan - 21 Sept - League

That’s just Lord taking the heat off the players as he does. Even if he thinks he got it wrong tactically, that can’t excuse the lack of spirit and guts that we witnessed last night on the ice. Lord the player wouldn’t have put up with what we saw against the Clan. At times, I wish he was still...
  2. august04

I’d rather take a penalty that might make teams think again about cheapshotting anyone, than the constant stream of ridiculous minor penalties that we took tonight and have taken in some recent games. It might be just my perception but we’ve taken far too many “lazy’ penalties lately.
  3. august04

Who said anything about dropping anyone? Mosey is out, Martin is out, Riley may be out after the hit tonight. There’s always injuries. We usually carry a spare or two. Who knows how long Sointu will be around? Why not have such a player in the squad to use/rotate? I agree that Louis is one of...
  4. august04

Yes, but it doesn’t have to be the perfect shot. Get the puck towards the net, put a man in front, cause chaos, get a deflection, score a dirty goal. They count the same as the pretty ones!
  5. august04

I might be an old dinosaur but for me this team needs a big, tough, nasty piece of work - we’re too nice. Someone to put the wind up the opposition if they start targeting our top players with cheap shots off the puck. Someone should have paid the price for taking Riley out.
  6. august04

That was a pretty poor performance tonight. We were all over the shop in the second period, defensively very sloppy and our netminding was awful. A bad night all around. Passing for the sake of it on the PP, trying to find the perfect goal. Just get a man in front of the net, and take the shot...
  7. august04

Standing Area

It’s a nice idea, although not for me personally. My aching bones need to be sat down in a cold rink in the middle of winter! I think taking 3 blocks out though is way too many. Just try it with one block initially, behind Bowns’ goal. You’ll get chants bouncing back and forth between the nearby...
  8. august04

Shirt purchase

This doesn’t make good reading. TK must be mortified reading this last couple of pages. I think I’d be trying to do this in-house instead of continuing as is and have people spending their hard earned money elsewhere. Or get more customer friendly people in the shop!
  9. august04

Shirt purchase

The quality of that black jersey looks shocking. I wonder if they’ll give refunds for those who ordered, expecting something much closer to what was shown in the shop, which in fairness, looked great. Weren’t the logos/badges supposed to be stitched on also?
  10. august04

Love this.

Change is not always for the best. Much prefer that music for the intro over what we have now.
  11. august04

Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept - CHL

The whole team were quite brilliant. No more words needed tonight.
  12. august04

Belfast v ausburger

The call could have gone either way, it was so close. I thought it should have been given because the on ice call was a goal and the video evidence looked unclear to me (from the tv feeds). Under those circumstances the on ice call should stand in my opinion.
  13. august04

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

The only negative was the scoreboard. A month since the start of pre-season and we still have the screen that faces the benches, with a large section blacked out so you can’t see any penalty information. It’s crap really.
  14. august04

Not quite true...
  15. august04

I thought we were pretty poor in the first period but whatever was said in the break worked! We looked a different team in the second and I thought Fournier in particular, grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Our goaltending wasn’t great in the CHL last year, but I thought Bowns had a...