Todd's statement

pjj365

Thread starter #1
Worth a read and a response.

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/statement-managing-director-todd-kelman1/

Great article but I would suggest there is little lack of faith in the Devils. There may be a spate of cancelled STs but I would suggest this is more to do with self protection - age, underlying health conditions etc. - not a lack of faith. This is certainly true of those I have spoken to. If the season goes ahead it could be boom time for Icetime.

The only lack of faith I see is in people and Gov'ts to work together to make attending games safe and not just save but obviously safe not relying on mixed messages across the 4 nations

So to Todd, if you see STs being cancelled just remember - in the well worn phrase - it's not you it's me. And also remember it's hopefully a temporary separation not a divorce.

Diafol

It just reinforces what I've been saying for weeks.
I'm not worried about the future of the Devils.
I'm more worried about not having any teams to play against in 21/22.

moggy#9

I'm full of admiration for the job Todd is doing in these most difficult circumstances. How he keeps it together with all he's had to contend with over the last six months is beyond me. Obviously he's not going to preempt a league announcement, but we know what's coming on the 15th. This is going to be a very long and depressing winter when the inevitable second national lockdown kicks in, which I expect to start sometime before Xmas.

kingmo19.1

100% behind the owners. Doing a top job in extremely difficult circumstances.

Was thinking last night how awesome the atmosphere will be in the rink for the first game when this nightmare is over. Hope everyone stays safe and well and we can all enjoy that as a collective whenever it happens.

moggy#9

Was thinking last night how awesome the atmosphere will be in the rink for the first game when this nightmare is over. Hope everyone stays safe and well and we can all enjoy that as a collective whenever it happens.
The thing is that as a club we were already pretty close knit. Imagining that raised to another level is pretty awesome.

ASHIPP

This is just the sort of positive imaginings we need to focus on when we get frustrated about a hockey-less season. That first game, whenever it happens, will be special.

If we think we are down and frustrated, imagine how TK and Owners must be feeling. Doing a fantastic job in v difficult circumstances. Any season ticket cancellations surely must be on health grounds/future personal health concerns. The majority of the fans are right behind the Club. As soon as meaningful and safe hockey can take place in the UK, the IAW will be rocking again.

august04

This is just the sort of positive imaginings we need to focus on when we get frustrated about a hockey-less season. That first game, whenever it happens, will be special.

If we think we are down and frustrated, imagine how TK and Owners must be feeling. Doing a fantastic job in v difficult circumstances. Any season ticket cancellations surely must be on health grounds/future personal health concerns. The majority of the fans are right behind the Club. As soon as meaningful and safe hockey can take place in the UK, the IAW will be rocking again.
Why would any season ticket cancellations only be on health grounds? For say a family of four, it’s a lot of money at a time when jobs are/will be going left, right and centre as the furlough scheme comes to an end. That doesn’t mean that those fans aren’t behind the club and everyone must do what’s best for them, but don’t rule out cancellations based on financial uncertainties too.