Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Who doesn't love play-off hockey? It's do or die, shit or get off the pot time. A chance at glory for the winner, a season without a cup for the loser. It all comes down to this. The game will be on Viaplay too if you cant get to the rink.

Earnie

Overtime for quarterfinals is 5 minutes of 3 on 3
Overtime for semifinals is 10 minutes - sudden death
Overtime for Final is 20 minutes - sudden death

Gavevs88

Still feeling anxious about tonight, if we have an off night and Blaze give us a spanking anything could happen. But hopefully we continue how we played last night on home ice and widen the gap nice and early.

Rempel16

First goal could be crucial tonight
Might regret saying it but I can’t see Blaze blowing us out. I think tonight’s game is going to become a dead rubber fairly quickly.

Hope I’m wrong and both teams go 100% for the 60 minutes. It’s weird to say I’m not really looking forward to it given the 4 goal advantage.

hip check

Nobody can forecast which Devil's team will turn up on any given night, we have a habit of having a good night followed by a bad night or visa versa so expecting a few squeaky bum moments tonight.

Rempel16

Do we know who we will play in the semis? How does it work? The highest seed of which other quarter?
I’m sure the league released info saying it’s highest remaining versus lowest remaining.

So based on current situations:

Giants v Panthers
Steelers v Devils

If Flames come back and beat Panthers then we’d play Giants.

E.D.S.

Blimey! Nothing is guaranteed yet. As mentioned above we could easily lose 6-0 tonight or win 6-0 who knows with this team.

As an aside… anyone see the ban for Bricknell against Steelers?? Not saying it wasn’t ban worthy but there were plenty of mitigating circumstances for me given how low the Steelers player was, yet McNally’s was blatant, delivered with intent, he has previous and he gets nothing! Incredible. No wonder these players don’t know what’s going on when it comes to officiating.

BostonBart22

Can see a 2...2 final score, blaze will try and intimidate us into getting early powerplays in the first period, don't take the bait devils, just do the basics don't get involved..

Kevlar68

If we won the playoffs would that be an amazing feat and effort, yes.
Has it been a successful season, no.
We weren't great in the CC and we were so inconsistent in the league it was terrible more times than good.
Still have the home leg to go hoping for a win but even if we get through tonight there are still 2 more hurdles.

Rempel16

Blimey! Nothing is guaranteed yet. As mentioned above we could easily lose 6-0 tonight or win 6-0 who knows with this team.

As an aside… anyone see the ban for Bricknell against Steelers?? Not saying it wasn’t ban worthy but there were plenty of mitigating circumstances for me given how low the Steelers player was, yet McNally’s was blatant, delivered with intent, he has previous and he gets nothing! Incredible. No wonder these players don’t know what’s going on when it comes to officiating.
Not sure about that. Bricknell could easily have avoided making that hit, let alone making it cleanly. There was only one reason he was making the hit there and that was because Pitule was vulnerable and open to be taken out.

I’m surprised it was only 1 game.

Gavevs88

I’m sure the league released info saying it’s highest remaining versus lowest remaining.

So based on current situations:

Giants v Panthers
Steelers v Devils

If Flames come back and beat Panthers then we’d play Giants.
Yeah I just saw the leagues tweet, that's how I work it out, so we want Panthers to win so we avoid Belfast in the semis.

E.D.S.

Not sure about that. Bricknell could easily have avoided making that hit, let alone making it cleanly. There was only one reason he was making the hit there and that was because Pitule was vulnerable and open to be taken out.

I’m surprised it was only 1 game.
Interesting take.
I see players making the most out of these challenges and hitting the deck too easily. There was plenty of should on shoulder for me as well as head. Not the greatest check but by no means the worst.

lloyd_jeff

Fully expect the same Squad to turn up tonight and spank a win. I’ve said it before a few times, the squad has an ability to play a very good game,. I’m expecting us to play like we can & be in the final with Belfast.

Last edited:

Rempel16

Interesting take.
I see players making the most out of these challenges and hitting the deck too easily. There was plenty of should on shoulder for me as well as head. Not the greatest check but by no means the worst.
That’s valid, and I see what you mean. But I don’t think Pitule finished the game.