Clan Vs Devils - League - 24th Jan 23 - 19:30 FO

BostonBart22

We all wanted 6 pts from the 3 jock teams but 5 is a must now, didn't see the game but reports say we were shit, judging by the remarks we gotta be happy with a point then.. no good dwelling on it, we need 110% from every player v fife and du dee , otherwise the pretenders will battle it out till the end of the season

Clan have won 9 games out of 38, says it all really.
They might have only one 9 games but they beat us they beat Sheffield last week and I think the Scottish clubs are going to be a major factor on who wins the league. We’re only 4 points off the leaders and there’s plenty of time for a few more upsets in the league, and there will be !!!

Finny

Reid anonymous again tonight and Cox had an absolute mare. Thompson and Crawford shocking. Bowns did ok but not sure why he tried that spinning kick thing on that breakaway. That’s something out of karate kid!
Welcome back to the forum.
Genuine question, do you have a second account which you use to post positively when we win or do you only like posting when we lose?

Welcome back to the forum.
Genuine question, do you have a second account which you use to post positively when we win or do you only like posting when we lose?
Genuine question, does it matter? Is a positive post more valid than a negative post?
Surely you weren’t expecting many complimentary (positive) posts after such a poor performance?

This tends to be a very balanced forum, with a few posters at either end of the spectrum but in general you will see that good performances draw complimentary posts and poor performances draw critical posts!

As long as poster‘s stay within the parameters of the forum then that should be enough.
We don’t all agree with some poster’s opinions but we should all agree that they have a right to express those opinions as long as they stay within the rules.

As many on here have said in the past, it’s human nature that 'we' comment more on poor performance.

Last edited:
Faceoffs were appalling. 42-18 is the worst I can remeber for a while
So much offence is reliant on winning face offs. We wonder why Brodie Reid isn’t scoring as much this season, well last year he had Stephen Dixon as his centreman and winning the vast majority of his face offs.

Last night Stephen Dixon won 17 face offs, the entire Devils team only won 18!

We have not replaced his face off winning abilities, nor that of Matt Myers for that matter and that directly translates into greatly reduced O zone time!

Hedd Wyn John

They might have only one 9 games but they beat us they beat Sheffield last week and I think the Scottish clubs are going to be a major factor on who wins the league. We’re only 4 points off the leaders and there’s plenty of time for a few more upsets in the league, and there will be !!!
With a ropey D we need to be ahead at this point in the league as we are bound to drop a fair few points in the final stretch.

E.D.S.

I'm actually less frustrated about this loss. I said at the start of the season that we will go to Scotland and lose midweek. It's what we do, it's what we always do. There's games that we think we should take the points from and don't and games where we should get tanked and come away with something. The fact we got one point is a bonus for me but 4 from 4 has to be the minimum expectation now. Pressure is on.

Last edited:

jenks33

I'm actually less frustrated about this loss. I said at the start of the season that we will go to Scotland and lose midweek. It's what we do, it's what we always do. There's games that we think we should take the points from and don't and games where we should get tanked and come away with something. The fact we got one point is a bonus for me but 4 from 4 has to be the minimum expectation now. Pressure is on.
I think it was the manner of the defeat. Had somebody told me at the start of the game that Clan would win 3-2 after OT it wouldn’t have surprised me after their win in Sheffield. We threw it away though. Two huge mistakes

kingmo19.1

Clan away was always going to be a potential banana skin as they’ve really picked up over the past month!

Need to be weary of Fife as they’ve also run into some form of late!

No easy games !!!!

Jonesy83

Believe it or not it was Richie who made that massive f*ck up at the end not Crawford.

You can see the “C” on the front of his jersey.

Just goes to show how easy people are willing to jump on Crawford (yes I know he’d made a few D f*ck ups this season).

jenks33

Believe it or not it was Richie who made that massive f*ck up at the end not Crawford.

Just goes to show how easy people are willing to jump on Crawford (yes I know he’d made a few D f*ck ups this season).
I thought it was Richie too.

E.D.S.

Pretty certain Ritchie went for a line change as the puck was cleared and Crawford came on. If that is the case, it's more being factual than jumping on Crawford. Not sure who's jumped on him any way. I'm one of his biggest critics and find him defensively poor but he gave the puck away (if it was actually him), we lost, no big deal, we still take a point. I'm sure no one will feel more like crap than him. Regardless how much we moan on here about certain players, there's no way we hurt or care any more than the players do, even if it doesn't look like it at times. The reality is very different.