Pre-season 2022: Belfast Games

Justtw

I personally saw a lot of potential! I wasn't expecting us to come out and smash Giants 5-0 as they recruited very well over the break. Josh Brittain looked really promising and it was great to see Jardine back, throwing some great hits. I was surprised by our lack of offensiveness but it's pre-season so, not too worried about that. Defensively was fairly concerning with multiple players being pulled to the puck leaving giant holes for Giants to skate cleanly through. Bownsy looked great I thought! I wasn't worried about all the nay sayers whining like they usually do on here. I thought he played really strong and the goats that were let in weren't entirely his fault.

ASHIPP

No Coughler? Is he injured?Our 'Old Boys' still have it and great to see them back. Thought Thompson looked very composed. Chemistry needs building over time. Don't put too much store in these pre-season games. It's all about trying out systems and combinations.

Giants have to get their systems going quickly to prepare for CHL soon. Confident they will have a good home season, though. Keefe will have them well drilled.

mjh

Young Kelly looked good as one of the two way players. Also liked Cox's play and great to welcome some old faces back. Was hoping to see Coughler play but no sign. Penny did ok. Things just didn't seem to click that well but pre season rust is probably to blame.

august04 2.0

Coughler was off the ice for part of the open session earlier this week too, must have taken a knock. Quite impressed with the way Belfast were passing the puck around and plenty of room for improvement for us. Bowns looked solid, which was nice to see.

tim78

Like Brittan through a few hits and looks like he wont take anything.

Also Kelly looks a good long term find.

Good to see Bowns and Joey back.

Will need to see a few more games for the new D's and Penny.

Waller is still out pacing everyone.

Hedd Wyn John

Did we struggle to create chances or did Jones have a great game in net?
We hit the bar and created a few chances here & there but not as much as you'd expect to see in a normal game, but it's pre-season so that's not hugely surprising. I think they were forcing it too much and trying moves that weren't on after they went behind 2-1.

kingmo19.1

Young Kelly looked good as one of the two way players. Also liked Cox's play and great to welcome some old faces back. Was hoping to see Coughler play but no sign. Penny did ok. Things just didn't seem to click that well but pre season rust is probably to blame.
Watching the 2-ways, I thought Harewood was good and was involved, the 2 d-men looked a bit out of their depth and we’re wanting somewhat when it came to foot-speed. But hey, they are young and have got time to improve.

The_Stick_

I think having Coughler fit would have been really good. The lines we ran tonight is what I expected, however Brittain would drop down to 3rd line and Coughler obviously taking his place back on that line. I think it’s too early to make judgements on the team so I will reserve comment until a few league games in, however I have noticed some positives signs.

Rempel16

I thought the positives far outweighed the negatives.

I felt that the team played with a little bit of an edge, which was good to see.

Plenty to build on I think! But if this team clicks then it’s going to be a good season.