Devils Vs Panthers - League - 29th Jan 22

Samael

you are talking a load of shit mate the team was shit earlier on this season and everyone could see that but the coach has turned it around and the team looks and are playing great hockey now, maybe you should go into hibernation you low life , every one is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine !
Some people were making ridiculous complaints though, stuff like Skalde not being animated enough on the bench while we are losing games, sack him he doesn't care etc. It was all knee jerk stuff from armchair coaches who know better.

The important thing is we are now winning and look like a well drilled team who are playing for each other. Petty bickering on here won't change anything so let's just enjoy the hockey and hope for success going forward.

Devil94

you are talking a load of shit mate the team was shit earlier on this season and everyone could see that but the coach has turned it around and the team looks and are playing great hockey now, maybe you should go into hibernation you low life , every one is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine !
Steady on ;)

All I did was quote your own comments back at you. The coach has turned it around yes, luckily we didn't sack him 5 weeks ago like you wanted.

Wow

august04 2.0

Its a big ask - I can't see Sheffield dropping that many points. & both Sheffield & Belfast have 4 games in hand on us.
It is a big ask when it’s two teams with lots of games in hand. Next weekend is huge though, if we can somehow bag two wins in Belfast, then it’s just the Steelers we have to reel in. You never know!

Devil94

Sheffield and Belfast playing each other 5 times. 3 of those games in Belfast. If we're looking at possibly 3 wins for one and 2 for the other. That's 6 points dropped for one of them and 4 for the other. Assuming there's no overtime.

If we can also get a win next weekend, and take points from Sheffield then it gets interesting.

jenks33

Sheffield and Belfast playing each other 5 times. 3 of those games in Belfast. If we're looking at possibly 3 wins for one and 2 for the other. That's 6 points dropped for one of them and 4 for the other. Assuming there's no overtime.

If we can also get a win next weekend, and take points from Sheffield then it gets interesting.
What do you think is the minimum we need next weekend to stay in the race?

Mazzoak

*They’re quick to praise
*Losing
-Lord’s first season in charge was arguably one of the most enjoyable in Devils history so that’s a nonsense comment.
- Budget restrictions and 18 months lockdown for every team not just the Devils.
- Two players removed is quite a big change. We’ve seen the addition of one player (Strachan) transform a season in the past.
- Who wanted Thommo?

Apart from that. A Perfect assessment Mazzoak…
Lord had years of experience of playing and some coaching in the EIHL. Lords first season was arguably the most enjoyable in Devils history. The hint is arguably. With several dire years after, controversial, not outside of the Devils fans......
Budgets depend on wealth, not every team is equally wealthy.
One player leaving (a Brit) and 2 new arrivals is not a big change.

Apart from your overly dramatic assessment to support your narrative and crawl back some credibility, l know, I’ve not got any creditability, l don’t care for the opinions of a few self proclaimed Inferno experts, so don’t bother going there.

mjh

Really enjoyed both games this weekend. Great physicality, some awesome goals and confident performances. Got to say Ben Davies works really hard defensively and the team are not allowing those breakaway chances at the mo. D looks so strong and Batch was one of the best performers for me, this weekend. Roll on the next one....

Lord had years of experience of playing and some coaching in the EIHL. Lords first season was arguably the most enjoyable in Devils history. The hint is arguably. With several dire years after, controversial, not outside of the Devils fans......

Apart from your overly dramatic assessment to support your narrative and crawl back some credibility, l know, I’ve not got any creditability, l don’t care for the opinions of a few self proclaimed Inferno experts, so don’t bother going there.
Well said buddy

Devil94

What do you think is the minimum we need next weekend to stay in the race?
The points difference after the weekend is more important than total points. For example, if we get 2 points from a win and a loss, I would take that. But if we get 2 points from two overtime losses, then Belfast ends up with 4 points.

I think if we can come away with one win, however it comes, that keeps us in it. There's enough hockey yet to be played that they're both not absolute must wins. Would be delighted with 3 points, and would take a split weekend too.

Swarley

I'll hold my hands up and admit I had doubts about Skaldes passion and focus, did I want him fired? No did I want him to step aside if he felt he couldn't fill the role he was hired for? Yeah if it had of been needed.

Am I happy he's proven to show incredible passion and focus for the games? Damn right. I think I even said I wanted him to prove me wrong and turn this team around and I'm over the moon that he's done it.

Both games this weekend had buckets of goals, passion, determination and clinical knowledge from everyone on the bench and on the ice.

This is a team that has its potential on full show now and I'm all for it.

E.D.S.

*They’re quick to praise
*Losing
-Lord’s first season in charge was arguably one of the most enjoyable in Devils history so that’s a nonsense comment.
- Budget restrictions and 18 months lockdown for every team not just the Devils.
- Two players removed is quite a big change. We’ve seen the addition of one player (Strachan) transform a season in the past.
- Who wanted Thommo?

Apart from that. A Perfect assessment Mazzoak…
Don’t forget Brexit. That came up as an excuse too!! ;)

Rempel16

When the player leaving us Ben O’Connor, it’s a massive change.

Hedd Wyn John

Sheffield are very good at scoring, so I suspect they'll find ways to take it to OT in Belfast.

E.D.S.

And he was shown the door due to disciplinary reasons. He’d still be here if it wasn’t for those and at the time that is what concerned me about the coach.

Earnie

I’d better add something!
A super weekend of hockey. Not just wins, but wins with style,speed and passion.
The owners have not given up on the League. The team and our management have not given up on the League. Neither have I.

moggy#9

I’d better add something!
A super weekend of hockey. Not just wins, but wins with style,speed and passion.
The owners have not given up on the League. The team and our management have not given up on the League. Neither have I.
Could you imagine if it came down to the last weekend and the Steelers choked it? ;-)