Flyers Vs Devils - League - 7th Nov 21

Kevlar68

I don’t think anyone would be truly missed other than Carruth, Reid and Waller.
Of course this is just your opinion but everyone can see they're stand outs, I don't even think you have to be a adsolute hockey fan to see that.

Dixon has been solid, wins most of his face offs and gives his all every game.
McNally up until his injury was having a good positive impact on the ice and in the arena.
Mikkelson you can see is class.
Kozun is a great second in net.
Batch is having his best season I think.

So to say only 3 would be truly missed in my opinion is way off.

jenks33

This is clearly a rebuilding season, I get that, but what we are short of seeing is an identity and togetherness with the team.

14/15 season was a rebuilding season. The Challenge Cup win was amazing but even taking that away it would’ve been an enjoyable season. The team entertained and very quickly there were fan favourites, a clear togetherness with the team and some character.

We haven’t got that (yet); the telling thing to me is if we did the rebuild again today I don’t think anyone would be truly missed other than Carruth, Reid and Waller. Every other new signing this year could be replaced without the fans losing a wink of sleep. Compare that to the 14/15 season and it’s a world away. It’s nothing to do with budgets, that team was on peanuts compared to this one we just got the recruitment better.
“I don’t think anyone would be truly missed other than Carruth, Reid and Waller”. Maybe one or two names can be added to that list but you’re not far off Ocko. I know some people will argue that the 14/15 season we were coming off a nightmare 13/14 season so it was always likely to be more positive but we’ve also just missed a whole season due to covid. Both the 14/15 season and this season are following on from negative seasons but for different reasons.

I haven’t been impressed by our social media. Do we have somebody else in charge of that now or is it Todd? I know we didn’t have anybody to run the social media at the start of the season + covid but I still don’t feel like I know a lot of the players. Brodie Reid is our best player and I’ve never heard him speak! How long have the players been here for now? 3 months? You can’t tell me that it hasn’t been possible to sit down with Reid, Crandall, Register etc to have a bit of a Q&A with them to post on twitter/Facebook. I know it doesn’t interest some fans but I think it’s important to get to know the players.

Ocko

Of course this is just your opinion but everyone can see they're stand outs, I don't even think you have to be a adsolute hockey fan to see that.

Dixon has been solid, wins most of his face offs and gives his all every game.
McNally up until his injury was having a good positive impact on the ice and in the arena.
Mikkelson you can see is class.
Kozun is a great second in net.
Batch is having his best season I think.

So to say only 3 would be truly missed in my opinion is way off.
Sorry I meant new players. My next sentence alluded to it, I probably should’ve been specific. Batch, Dixon, Richie, Duggan I would be gutted to leave. Batch is having his best ever season. I personally haven’t seen enough of McNally. Mikkelson is good I will give you that.

Kevlar68

Sorry I meant new players. My next sentence alluded to it, I probably should’ve been specific. Batch, Dixon, Richie, Duggan I would be gutted to leave. Batch is having his best ever season. I personally haven’t seen enough of McNally. Mikkelson is good I will give you that.
Now I get yah.

Hedd Wyn John

“I don’t think anyone would be truly missed other than Carruth, Reid and Waller”. Maybe one or two names can be added to that list but you’re not far off Ocko. I know some people will argue that the 14/15 season we were coming off a nightmare 13/14 season so it was always likely to be more positive but we’ve also just missed a whole season due to covid. Both the 14/15 season and this season are following on from negative seasons but for different reasons.

I haven’t been impressed by our social media. Do we have somebody else in charge of that now or is it Todd? I know we didn’t have anybody to run the social media at the start of the season + covid but I still don’t feel like I know a lot of the players. Brodie Reid is our best player and I’ve never heard him speak! How long have the players been here for now? 3 months? You can’t tell me that it hasn’t been possible to sit down with Reid, Crandall, Register etc to have a bit of a Q&A with them to post on twitter/Facebook. I know it doesn’t interest some fans but I think it’s important to get to know the players.
There's a weekly interview with the player of the week and there's also a talk with the coach. They are posted on twitter and Facebook. I think that's q pretty decent amount of coverage. I'm sure we'll get some Xmas themed videos coming up soon enough.

Kevlar68

I think we miss the contact in the bar after games. Due to covid there is no way it could be like before when players would come up to bar for a beer.
That was better than any social media.

jenks33

There's a weekly interview with the player of the week and there's also a talk with the coach. They are posted on twitter and Facebook. I think that's q pretty decent amount of coverage. I'm sure we'll get some Xmas themed videos coming up soon enough.
So what if a particular player never wins player of the week then? We just don’t hear from them all season? I’ve never heard some of them speak! Maybe we were spoiled in the past when players used to sit down with JD, Aled or Gareth. You look back at those catch ups and some of them are between 15 and 30 minutes long. Bearing in mind we’ve got about 15 new players, it’s not like previous seasons when it was 4 or 5 new players. I wouldn’t say 3 minute videos with the ‘player of the week’ is the same personally. If we still don’t have a member of staff that only concentrates on Social Media then that explains it. We’re into November though so we should

There don't need to be massisve changes for this team to be transformed into what was originally intended, the foundations of each line are clearly there and they just need some tweaking.
Crandall would really shine if we had an out and out sniper to go along with reid to get the goals flowing and not take the pressure off Reid every game.
Sanford and Cox could probably just need the addition of a solid power forward for help with retaining puck possession and creating space in the offensive zone for them to do their thing, Haddad would be the perfect example of that type of player.
And a third line of McNally-Dixon- and a Batch/Myers type, even Duggan would cause havoc as has been our proven fromula with last years team

The potential is there but we just need the correct adjustments for everything to start coming together but can't see us dropping DuPont, Valdix or Lammon to make it happen tbh

E.D.S.

Some common sense, thankfully Steve’s an intelligent fan who also happens to own the club, certainly grateful it’s him and not some of the commentators on here.
Imagine all these crazy folk (fans of the Devils, some long standing) passing their opinion on the team they love, on a forum set up for that very reason. It’s really is madness. We need to shut this forum down right now.

matbur

I'm going to be speaking to Skalde tomorrow so if anyone has any questions, post them here and I'll do my best to include them.

Swarley

I'm going to be speaking to Skalde tomorrow so if anyone has any questions, post them here and I'll do my best to include them.
Can you ask him if he has any plans on bringing in extra players? Genuinely curious if he's got any tricks up his sleeve for turning it around for the team.

jenks33

Interesting. That’s good of you to ask us Matbur

I’d be interested to know just how worried he is about the lack of goals? And if they are working on a different game plan/tactics.

august04 2.0

Does he think that teams have “worked us out” and if so, what’s going to change to counter that?
Also, his last few post game interviews have described how teams are outworking us. What is the cause of this?

Not a question for tomorrow but I’m curious as to whether interviewees are given the questions before or at least a general idea as to what was going to be asked.
I always had the impression that the interviews with Lord were this type of format.

E.D.S.

Can you ask him what his objectives were at the start of the season in terms of league position etc without getting the phrase “a competitive team”? Be great to understand in more detail what a competitor team actually means. Top 2? Top 4? Decent playoff run?

Just interested to know if this season has been written off as some “baseless” “commentators” have said on here.

tim78

A new team under difficult business circumstances run by a new coach I'm comfortable with where we are at the moment. The seasons not over, but there's more risk of us not having a season than worrying about this.

Though last weekend was a tough one due to it being against a diminished team with it's back against the wall and what I thought was the weakest team in the league. I still think we were the better team in both games and the opposition coaches reactions clearly indicated that in their interviews, "stars were aligned", was one of the coaches comments.

Why be the greatest critics, when we should be the best fans in the league. We know Todd and the owners will do their best to makesure our team is entertaining and winning.

Hedd Wyn John

So what if a particular player never wins player of the week then? We just don’t hear from them all season? I’ve never heard some of them speak! Maybe we were spoiled in the past when players used to sit down with JD, Aled or Gareth. You look back at those catch ups and some of them are between 15 and 30 minutes long. Bearing in mind we’ve got about 15 new players, it’s not like previous seasons when it was 4 or 5 new players. I wouldn’t say 3 minute videos with the ‘player of the week’ is the same personally. If we still don’t have a member of staff that only concentrates on Social Media then that explains it. We’re into November though so we should
Compared to previous years the Devils off ice staffing has been cut back quite a bit. They're doing a million different things to make sure day to day hockey operations are running, tickets, merch etc. I don't think there's the capacity there to do all the social media content they'd like to. It's about priorities & just getting hockey back is the main focus - in my view.

jenks33

Compared to previous years the Devils off ice staffing has been cut back quite a bit. They're doing a million different things to make sure day to day hockey operations are running, tickets, merch etc. I don't think there's the capacity there to do all the social media content they'd like to. It's about priorities & just getting hockey back is the main focus - in my view.
I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Social Media has been very poor since Fie left in my opinion. If there isn’t a plan to replace her due to finances then fair enough. Shame tho