Devils vs Panthers - 19 + 20 Oct 19 - League

jenks33

Christ that was bad. I’m not panicking as I’m putting it down to the CHL distraction (not that its a good enough excuse). I can live with running out of steam after a tough schedule but you deserve nothing if you start games like that. Our tempo in the first 10 minutes was pathetic. Very disappointing

Wannabe2

We were so poor tonight, it really was a bad day at the office, Panthers were no great shakes, but as usual the same as every year they raise their game when they play us,though they didn’t have to raise it much, tonight we played like a load of pussies, no hits as usual we are crying out for a Justin Faryna. Our best player tonight was again Bownsy, although he would want that second goal back. Poor game, and a sure way to send the newbies home cheesed off. Including me.

BostonBart22

Well that was drab, makes it worse that panthers were not that good either, where was louis and batch 3rd period if they were benched, WHY ? we need fresh legs at the end and no sign of them..

august04

Let’s not make excuses, we’ve had plenty of rest since Tuesday. We got exactly what we deserved tonight against a struggling and in my opinion, very limited Panthers team. To be brutally honest, we were an absolute pile of shite all over the ice and some serious questions need to be asked about what has happened to the team that looked so fast and physical earlier in the season. We look slow, laboured and totally devoid of any ideas. A terrible game, one of the worse Devils-Panthers game I’ve ever seen. No wonder the atmosphere was crap. Taz was far more entertaining.

jenks33

As others have said we didn’t need to be that good tonight as the Panthers looked like a team short on confidence but they weren’t tested. I’m sure people will say that the lack of atmosphere in block 13 was a factor but it works both ways. The players need to give the fans something to shout about. Mcnamee and Riley have got an excuse as they’re just coming back from injury. Some of the others need a rocket up their arse tho

osh

Well....... first up, congrats to Panthers for a road win ( which is always welcome no matter who you are playing )
Its been mentioned that we suffered after having played in the CHL ! Rubbish excuse and rubbish performance tonight I’m sad to say. Sad ? Yes sad, because I am not able to offer any solution to our current problems, and believe me, we have a load of problems throughout the team that I’m really sorry to say looks like Lord is struggling to sort it out ! I laugh when posters say it may have had something to do with fans not standing in block 13, get real people ! If sensible, like minded people think tonight’s loss had anything to do with lack of atmosphere, I despair. Tonight looked as though it was a pre season game where players weren’t sure of other players capabilities And looked devoid of anything they had been working on in training this week. Harsh criticism ? Bloody right and deserved criticism. I’ve already pointed out glaring weaknesses in our roster so won’t go into that anymore tonight, but all members of our roster need to go home tonight and think about the rubbish they are serving up to many loyal fans after tonight’s showing.
I truly hope Lord looks at the inferno and puts my post on the board before tomorrow’s game !!

Players have a living to make and I have never advocated making changes and depriving them of this. However, look at Neil Russell's recent tweet regarding Belfast Giants' game tonight and mediocrity. Thoughst?

august04

Players have a living to make and I have never advocated making changes and depriving them of this. However, look at Neil Russell's recent tweet regarding Belfast Giants' game tonight and mediocrity. Thoughst?
That’s professional sport. If you’re not doing the business, you’re out. It doesn’t apply to the Devils though seemingly.

ASHIPP

Pathetic, weak and disjointed performance tonight. That sort of performance does not win championships and does not get you back into the CHL which is what the Club so badly wants. These are the bread and butter league games where the chance to qualify for CHL is earned.

Panthers grafted for 60 minutes, for each other and determined to hang on to that result. They had a few chances and took them, with some solid net minding behind them.

Everything seemed wrong tonight for our Team - no line chemistry, poor shooting, stray passing, losing face offs and Puck possession, pp was a shambles, no screening opposition goalie (apart from our great #8 doing his job). Had a few chances but weren't clinical enough.

A team can't turn up for last 10 minutes of the game, two goals down and start playing. Games are not won like that. 60 minutes of graft and concentration is required. Lack of atmosphere etc has absolutely nothing to do with it... these are professional sportsmen who should be focused.

What I want to know is what has happened to the performance level of our stellar players... they are mere shadows of their former selves recently. Gone are the days early season when the Team was scoring a hatful of goals.

What will the 'official response' be to such an abysmal performance? Pretty sure the coach of Frolunda calls it exactly as it is when his team, the CHL champions, play badly... and does whatever it takes to rectify the problems.

And what is wrong with Bentivolio? Missed him tonight.

Last edited:

terry hunt

I did not expect a great performance tonight or a good result.
I suspect that we are carrying several injuries.The minutes played by our players seemed crazy.
Some are carrying a big load and others maybe injured?
Sointu should have been MOM by a long way.

CaldicotDevil

Well that was drab, makes it worse that panthers were not that good either, where was louis and batch 3rd period if they were benched, WHY ? we need fresh legs at the end and no sign of them..
I think Lords the best coach in the league and we’re lucky to have him but he does baffle me sometimes. If you’re going to be giving those two players limited minutes in P3 then why not get one of them to drop the gloves beginning of the period and get some momentum going. Panthers did it with Doty last year against us and it got us the win.

I’m happy with the squad and there’s nothing we need to panic about. If you look at the giants they seem to be struggling with the CHL hangover as well.

Ocko

Best line tonight was the Myers, Batch and Duggan line.
The Martin, Sointi and Haddad line is a horrible line though. It has zero chemistry and has 3 players who all like to have the puck on their stick. You cant put Joey Haddad and Joey Martin on the same line - you are starving the best player in the league of the puck. Crazy decision.

jenks33

A few players have taken the wrath of the fans lately - Mcmonagle, Jardine and Bentivoglio have all had some criticism. One player that has avoided criticism and in my opinion has been disappointing for a while is Marjamaki. He looked like a real crowd favourite early on but he’s been flat for several weeks now. He’s the type of player that can turn the momentum of a game but he just hasn’t looked up for it lately. Hopefully we see the real Marjamaki sooner rather than later