Panthers v Devils - Sat 4th Feb 2017 - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Earnie

Great to claw back from 3-1 down and win the game. Every point is vital.
Well done Devils.
Strangely the other four games all ended 5 - 4

ASHIPP

Well done Devils - a great result against our nemesis team.
Mental strength and character is as important as skill and tactics.

Got to keep it going though, every chasing team is waiting to see who slips up.

voth26

We didn't play that well.....just a good time to play the Panthers! ;)
Really this?? I'm getting so fed of hearing the same old crap. When they lose their crap and it's down to Lords coaching and players not turning up, and when they win they didn't play well or the other side were missing to many players and we were lucky ffs give them a break and some credit

Devil_Abroad

Really this?? I'm getting so fed of hearing the same old crap. When they lose their crap and it's down to Lords coaching and players not turning up, and when they win they didn't play well or the other side were missing to many players and we were lucky ffs give them a break and some credit
To be fair we stank for the first 40 - think their 3rd goal early in the 3rd woke us up and suddenly it was Jekyl and Hyde. At times Panthers did to us what we eventually did to them - they ran us ragged and if it wasn't for desperate defence, great goaltending, and poor shooting we would and should have been buried.

But suddenly we became the team we so often see in games where we play for 40mins - wave after wave - chance after chance. What a game!

Not sure the goal judges see the shot attempts the same way - after 1st period it was 14 on us and 2 on them

For periods 2, 3 and o/t it was 11 on us and 36 on them! I don't think that's quite right.

Anyway, thank you Benti for the 2 pts! Woohoo

I'm ready to sleep for 12 hours after that game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

I am trying to think of a game this season when we played better then we did in the third period and I am struggling. Superb hockey from a very, very good team. Asselin, both Hothams, Myers, Ritchie, Bowns, Benti..... the list goes on as to who was the star but all I can say is that was a MASSIVE result which showed immense character. Home and still buzzing from it all.

Russky

Just going by MNL, it was a great performance tonight to turn the game round from 3-1 down to win albeit in OT. A very valuable two points gained and Belfast didn't gain any ground on us. Still taking some dumb penalties at bad times though. Luckily aside from one PK situation when the guys didn't seem 'switched on' to the game situation, we killed the pens pretty well, but if we don't take the pens in the first place the PK unit wouldn't have to work so hard.

Just one note of levity, can we take tonights third period performance and use it to replace last Wednesday's third period performance?

osh

A good road win, no matter how it was achieved ! Good to see character coming from the team after being 3-1 down.
More of the same tonight please, but let's get a couple of goals first and then play a slightly more orthodox controlled game rather than having to chase it.

BostonBart22

We didn't play that well.....just a good time to play the Panthers! ;)
why a good time to play the panthers, they only had 2 missing , lawrence and williams,, we were missing mo. and dont forget they beat blaze in the previous game 8..3 if i can remember., at the end of the day 4 biscuits went in thier net and 3 in ours 2pts thankyou

Devil_Abroad

why a good time to play the panthers, they only had 2 missing , lawrence and williams,, we were missing mo. and dont forget they beat blaze in the previous game 8..3 if i can remember., at the end of the day 4 biscuits went in thier net and 3 in ours 2pts thankyou
They had two imports missing we didn't (Lord played) - also I'd say Lawrence has been unplayable when we faced them - as for Williams we haven't yet faced who could just be the best player in the league. And add the fact that Clarke had his first game back last night after lengthy lay off I think we did well on the timing of the game.

We had two different teams out there last night. I think someone said on Twitter when we play with belief we turn up and that's part of it - also I think we turn off when we go ahead and our intensity drops.

Amazing comeback and amazing to be there and see it - but I'd rather 60 mins of what we showed in the last 20 mins. Total hockey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

Great result, we managed to turn a dire couple of periods into an epic 3rd to scrap an OT win against the 4th placed team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seriously?

Amazing how different people see things differently. I thought we were the better side for the first period and were unlucky to go in level, one error gave them a goal, 1-0 would have been fairer I would argue.

Second period was a bit 'meh', we did slack off a little and although we were a little lacksidasical at times, if you judge that 'dire' then your standards are higher than mine!

I would also argue with saying 'scrap', I am assuming that you are not including the Bordy goal in that description (or indeed the OT winner....)

kettdevil1

They had two imports missing we didn't (Lord played) - also I'd say Lawrence has been unplayable when we faced them - as for Williams we haven't yet faced who could just be the best player in the league. And add the fact that Clarke had his first game back last night after lengthy lay off I think we did well on the timing of the game.

We had two different teams out there last night. I think someone said on Twitter when we play with belief we turn up and that's part of it - also I think we turn off when we go ahead and our intensity drops.

Amazing comeback and amazing to be there and see it - but I'd rather 60 mins of what we showed in the last 20 mins. Total hockey.

Total hockey is exactly the right phrase! I know we sometimes criticise our (some) of our D men for their attacking instincts but when it works, every player seems interchangeable...with forwards becoming D men and vice versa....

E.D.S.

Totally confused reading some of these reports. It's amazing how we call a game differently. When we beat the panthers 5-0 I thought it was one of the most complete game of hockey I'd seen us play. Others said Panthers weren't at their best and shortbenched (which I know they were) but that shouldn't detract from that performance. Last night was a totally different Devils outfit. We were outplayed for two periods but we found a way to win. We never looked in it but they came out for the third on fire. Lead by Lord! About 7 mins into the third we were under pressure. Puck came loose against the boards, near the blue line. We had to clear the zone as we were shattered. Lordy knew he was going to get hit hard in to the boards by going for that puck but he put his body on the line and got absolutely crunched but he cleared the zone. He set the standard.
It was a very impressive performance for different reasons, mainly because we found a way to win. Not pretty. Not entertaining but we took a win out third period effort deserved.
Well done boys.

Devil_Abroad

Seriously?

Amazing how different people see things differently. I thought we were the better side for the first period and were unlucky to go in level, one error gave them a goal, 1-0 would have been fairer I would argue.

Second period was a bit 'meh', we did slack off a little and although we were a little lacksidasical at times, if you judge that 'dire' then your standards are higher than mine!

I would also argue with saying 'scrap', I am assuming that you are not including the Bordy goal in that description (or indeed the OT winner....)
It's not a problem seeing things differently as then we have a great debate :)

Though I think the shot count doesn't always reflect the share of the game it does tend to show who are the busiest in terms of goalmouth action - 14 to 2 reflects how I saw that first period after we went ahead.