Devils v Steelers - Double header thread - CC & League - Chat/Updates

With Scot Hotham out already, a lot of credit has to go to the D unit who played without Mark Louis from the 3:25 mark of the second period! Both Murdy and Lord were deserving of MOM award as well.

Electro

Let's hope Bordy hand injury is not an old weakness, one fight, one injury is not a great start for the man brought in to fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Electro

I have not written solely to fight, but he was brought in to fight, he is a career fighter, admittedly he has other abilities. I don't believe those abilities are enough to get him in Cardiff without his fighting record.

I have not written solely to fight, but he was brought in to fight, he is a career fighter, admittedly he has other abilities. I don't believe those abilities are enough to get him in Cardiff without his fighting record.

I completely disagree. Bordeleau has more to him that just fighting. Not only is he an imposing presence but his checking causes absolute mayhem. A better player than a lot of enforcers in this league. He didnt play 127 game in the show by being useful with his fists. If that was the case then goons like Trevor Gillies would have played more than 2 NHL games

Welshy74

Just wish he checked more as well as the rest of the team then he would be putting fear into opponents which I dont think he is at the moment.

Electro

I cannot comment on the future.

My comment was concerning an injury inflicted in his only fight in the UK. My fear is that an old injury has left long term damage which may mean fighting or the threat of is instantly removed, making his role less attractive for the investment it has cost.

KaneDevils

I cannot comment on the future.

My comment was concerning an injury inflicted in his only fight in the UK. My fear is that an old injury has left long term damage which may mean fighting or the threat of is instantly removed, making his role less attractive for the investment it has cost.

Or he could just be unfortunate. Are you always this pessimistic?

What a ridiculous posting. We might as well all give up commenting on games and players then, right?! Unless we're the best player in Britain!! Whether you like it or not, Bowns is not at his best at the moment, that's been clear for weeks.

I'm not saying don't critique them I'm saying know that your 100% right when you say stuff like that. I am a goalie myself and I know about that so just make sure you know everything about the subject before you say stuff.

What a ridiculous posting. We might as well all give up commenting on games and players then, right?! Unless we're the best player in Britain!! Whether you like it or not, Bowns is not at his best at the moment, that's been clear for weeks.
People have bad days, weeks, months. It's impossible for humans to perform at 100%, 100% of the time. And even though it's hard to believe, Bownsy is human too. Besides, our D has been leaving him out to dry recently...

When people on this forum scream for consistency, what they really expect is for the players to unreaslitically perform super humanly and win every single game.

I just hope that the players don't actually read any of this (often) tripe - there is nothing more discouraging than being blasted by your own fans.

ASHIPP

A certain Brad Voth was brought in to fight and we all know how that one panned out, my hope is that Bordeleau is a modern day version.
But what was so menacing and terrifying for opposition players was the devastating hits Brad could inflict. Any opposition player was a potential target (small guys excepted) - just the thought of that had players worried on their shifts!

Bordy is a clean and precise hitter. Understand an injury will limit the physicality and it needs to heal. When he is ready, though , those hits are monsterous and at the right time in a game do get a big reaction from the crowd....old style, tough, hardnosed Devils' hockey when neccessary. Brad would be proud!

Bordy's size used successfully in some early games to screen opposition goalie. Would love to see more of that. This is one of McGrattan's roles at the Panthers.

People have bad days, weeks, months. It's impossible for humans to perform at 100%, 100% of the time. And even though it's hard to believe, Bownsy is human too. Besides, our D has been leaving him out to dry recently...

When people on this forum scream for consistency, what they really expect is for the players to unreaslitically perform super humanly and win every single game.

I just hope that the players don't actually read any of this (often) tripe - there is nothing more discouraging than being blasted by your own fans.
Think you're being a bit harsh; everyone's entitled to their opinion. Reading the comments, and from what I witnessed on Saturday, we're not asking for superhuman performances, but the team does the basics.

Anyway, it sounds like they rectified many of the issues on Sunday, and looking forward to that continuing this week!

august04

I'm not saying don't critique them I'm saying know that your 100% right when you say stuff like that. I am a goalie myself and I know about that so just make sure you know everything about the subject before you say stuff.
Well actually you said you could critique them if you were Britains best goaltender. You also said 5 skaters need to have made a mistake before a goaltender concedes, which is utter nonsense too. By the way, it wasn't my post that criticised Bowns in the first place. He's received plenty of praise from me on this forum over the years, particularly last season. I'm not bothered whether you're a goalie or not. I've watched enough hockey over 30 years to know when a goaltender is struggling and he hasn't been at his best since the start of the season. Now, that could be injury related, who knows. But if he's injured, get him out of the line up to heal, we appear to have a more than adequate replacement while Bowns gets the rest he obviously needs. Hopefully, he'll get healed now and come back stronger.

Think you're being a bit harsh; everyone's entitled to their opinion. Reading the comments, and from what I witnessed on Saturday, we're not asking for superhuman performances, but the team does the basics.

Anyway, it sounds like they rectified many of the issues on Sunday, and looking forward to that continuing this week!
I don't think so. When they win, people here think they are a team of superheroes - they lose a couple of games and everyone thinks we are useless!

It's a very long season - won't win them all!

We got 3 out of 4 points last weekend and according to a lot of people here, the world had been consumed by demons and no ones life was worth living o_O

august04

I don't think so. When they win, people here think they are a team of superheroes - they lose a couple of games and everyone thinks we are useless!

It's a very long season - won't win them all!

We got 3 out of 4 points last weekend and according to a lot of people here, the world had been consumed by demons and no ones life was worth living o_O
I think most of us can handle defeat if we've played our best and we've just been beaten by a better team. It's been the manner of those last 3 home losses and performances that has been so galling. Thankfully, Lord, Kelman and Steve King understand that. It's a good job those guys are in charge and not some of the apologists on here.

Bordy's size used successfully in some early games to screen opposition goalie. Would love to see more of that. This is one of McGrattan's roles at the Panthers.
That's something I would like to see more of, also Myers is very effective at doing this but hasn't done a great deal of it so far this season

Regardless of whether Bowns is injured or not, I think Murdy deserves more ice time than he's had to date. I've seen him in Coventry and Sheffield now and been very impressed. He certainly has more to offer than your average Elite League back up goalie and maybe his presence makes our defence realise that they need to play a tighter game too. Good job tonight.

Well said I think because they are both amazing goalies and yes bownsy might be out of form but he still plays well when he isn't at his 100% best.