Zack Fitzgerald........You beauty!!!!

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #3
Thompson has a history of signing morons; Fitzgerald, Olson, Payette, Belak to name a few.
However, Fitzgerald has taken it to a new level.
To paraphrase the Simms (the moron in chief) "he's the brand of moron not seen in the eihl before"!

Paul Sullivan

Wasn't Payette one of the Blaze standout players in 04/05? Top line with Calder and Carlson?

And wasn't that the year Blaze won everything/almost everything on offer?
Payette was a Silverback his first year - yes I think that was it, Chris. His first game in WNIR he destroyed us. Unplayable. And on other occasions too. Sadly he enjoyed celebrating his wins a little too much over the years it seems. In Newcastle he was a horror show off-ice.

Sorry, know we're thoroughly OT here...

Chris

Administrator
Payette was a Silverback his first year - yes I think that was it, Chris. His first game in WNIR he destroyed us. Unplayable. And on other occasions too. Sadly he enjoyed celebrating his wins a little too much over the years it seems. In Newcastle he was a horror show off-ice.

Sorry, know we're thoroughly OT here...
Not entirely off topic, @Ejercito Rojas compared Payette to Fitzgerald... And Olson & Belak actually, but they're not in the same boat either I wouldn't say?

I mean we're not talking Andrew Sharp levels of stupidity or anything are we, and even he somehow managed to win the league and playoffs with the Steelers in 08/09 :(

But at least Fitzgeralds meltdowns are helping us at the moment :D

kettdevil1

Actually it would be good to have a roll call of the ways in which he has helped us:

Off the top of my head....
- scored a cracking own goal at the BBT last year to help us win
- in box for GWG earlier this season
- 5+G tonight.....

Must be one of our best ever signings?

Samael

Sheffield would be better off sticking him in a steeler dan suit to entertain the kids, that's pretty much all he's good for, he does lot's of club PR and I'm sure the shuff fans all love him so yeah make him steeler dan, at the end of the season when we've won the league, challenge cup, play offs and conference though, he's far too valuable to us right now so keep him where he is please Mr Thompson. :D

kristian

Saw 2 sides of him yesterday .
After the warm up they were a few older steelers fans asking him the puck he ignored them and pointed to a young Devils fan sat in the stand and gave him the puck. Had a cheer from the fans for that. And then does that during the game.

Ted

Yes...had the nephew (6) in for his first ever game and Fitzy singled him out from others to throw the puck to him. An experience that he will always remember.
Fitzy has an uncompromising, no quarter edge to his game and gives everything. He is good for the league and would be missed if he went.
Having said all that, in comparison to our excellent discipline this season, I see no reason not to celebrate his and Steeler indiscipline that is making 5-and-0 looking more and more comfortable, as it did last night.
I just hope Tommo left some change for any damage to the door!