World record banner

voth26

Thread starter #1
Is there a banner up in the rink regarding the guys world record winning streak!!!!, I have had a look but either there isnt, or i'm blind as a bat and couldnt see it . some one please put me out of my misery either way lol

Skippy

They showed one at the start of the Legends game but that I saw it didn’t get hung up and if it has been since I haven’t noticed it.

ASHIPP

I wondered the same myself. :? This should be a major cause for celebration and pride. Would be wonderful for the fans and team to see a banner celebrating this fantastic achievement raised and hanging from the rafters of the BBT at some point this season. :cool:
Would be great to have the press there for that too.

Ocko

In front of Sheffield? Really? Do you really want to hear about how we won nothing. Do you really think it will bother them that we have a record if they won the league.... ?

Koop11

I was thinking the same thing. If I were the Sheffield away fans, I’d drown out the ceremony with chats relating to us losing out on the league.

DevilDom

I agree. It would make us look a bit pathetic IMO. Leave the silly games to them and lets just concentrate on beating them as often as we can.

Paul Sullivan

We will be raising the banner soon, just needing to coordinate the equipment / access to the roof of the rink. It's a unique view of the BBT and not one I would recommend :shock:

voth26

Thread starter #15
Rhythm said:
We will be raising the banner soon, just needing to coordinate the equipment / access to the roof of the rink. It's a unique view of the BBT and not one I would recommend :shock:
i'll take your word on that lol

ASHIPP

Rhythm said:
(my bold)What great news. :D It's irrelevant whether the Steelers are in town. This is for our Club and the fans to celebrate. Good coverage from the local press would be good on this one. :cool:

Why soon?? Why ain't it up now?? It's something the guys worked hard for and something us fans are so proud of why aren't we showing other clubs our achievement from the rafters already??

James

Administrator
Logistics I guess. You can't just scoot up a ladder on the ice and hang it, I'm guessing you'd need a cherry picker in to do it.

Paul Sullivan

James is correct, it's not a straightforward job sadly.

However I am pleased to say that our friends at HSS have helped us out once again, and thanks to them, and the Planet ice management (oh, and Stevie Lyle who handles the HSS account for the Devils :) ) The banner should be going up early this week, in place for the Braehead game on 2nd oct.

To go back to the point about putting the world record mention on everything - wording is fine, and that's why it's on the jerseys. However it would have cost the club nearly 5 figures to have the logo used on things like merchandise and letterheads. Shame that once you achieve it you don't get to use the Guinness logo for free but like everything else, they are a business I guess.