Why aren't we talking about Lordo?

Rich Best

Thread starter #1
Lordo had his first weekend of competitive games as a full blown coach this weekend (as opposed to a player coach). We played fantastically and I believe he had a massive part in that. I have always like lordo as a player - and indeed as a player coach. But I think we saw a glimpse this weekend of what a fantastic coach we have.

I am quite surprised he has hardly been mentioned, especially after the fantastic and very rare result in Sheffield. How often do we go there and absolutely dominate in every single aspect of the game?

Also quite surprised that more people have posted about teething problems at IAW rather than the weekends positive results and performances...

Electro

Not me, l wrote praise on both those points on the Sheffield game thread. I've been a vocal supporter of Lords future and how his role is best served as a coach or player, but not both. I'm sure this thread will attract the posters who responded to my comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

Lord looks like he will be a good bench coach, as he said in his interview he's happy to stay on the bench as long as the team is producing on the ice, but he's not afraid to change things if needs be either. to be fair a great four pointer weekend is great for morale and confidence all round

ASHIPP

Lordo will be delighted about team results this weekend....and he leads the team. An asset on the ice for sure but the opportunity to be behind the bench on game night must make it easier to assess opposition, our own team performance and change up, advise, motivate etc as neccessary.
Andrew is a natural leader - the formula has worked very well this weekend. Got no worries about our Coach!

I particularly liked the way Lordo handled the situation on Saturday after the game turned nasty. We conceeded two short handed goals, Lordo called a timeout and seemingly told everyone to calm down and protect the lead. We did just that. In the past we may have imploded at that point and continued to take silly penalties, possibly costing us two points. Not this time.

He wasn't joking when he said he was building a team for the larger Ice. OK a 2-0 loss in Nottingham but according to most Panthers fans we dominated that game,the other four times we have played on large ice we have scored 22goals and conceded 8 , picking up wins against two of our main rivals alone the way.This is a very good Devils team..

DevilDom

It's a good start but 2 games really is too early to say. I would be saying the same thing had we lost them both. The real tests will come later in the season or when the chips are down for whatever reason.

It certainly looks very hopeful though and the Devils and Lord will hopefully benefit hugely from having him coaching from the bench.

jimmy snels

I would still like to see lordo give himself some game time in fixtures at home against the weaker teams just to give someone a rest and keep him ring ready so to speak, but clearly working at minute!

matbur

Lord will ice himself when he sees fit - players showing fatigue, injured, not playing well enough... he'll step in as and when and we're fortunate that we're in a situation where we've pretty much got the best of both worlds right now as he's a very decent player in his own right.