Who would you replace

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
This was on another thread and liked reading people's choices so thought it needs it's own topic.

It's been said 5/6 players needed but who do you think should be replaced, doesn't have to be 5/6 just out of present squad forgetting Carruth as we definitely know he's not back.
(Don't include who may be retiring)

Rhyan48

Personally I would let go of
Lammon
McNally
McNulty
I don’t think I would change anyone else
But obviously with mikelson retiring and Caruth gone that would make up 5

jenks33

Lammon, Mcnally and McNulty are definites for me. Surely those three won’t be back. And then Carruth’s off and I think Mikkelson and Dixon will retire.

I find it a difficult question to answer when I look at the rest of this seasons roster. I’ve said a few times I’d be looking at bringing about 12 back with 8 new recruits (which doesn’t look like happening) but that’s in an ideal world. I’m probably being unrealistic in wanting 8 changes when we’re still likely to be slightly careful with money. Do we know if there’s still going to be an unofficial salary cap next season? I wouldn’t have thought so. And we really have no idea just how cautious the devils are going to be with their budget.

tim78

I think Lammon is strong 4th line centre, he isn't a bad player just more of a defensive forward which means he doesn't stand out.

jenks33

I think Lammon is strong 4th line centre, he isn't a bad player just more of a defensive forward which means he doesn't stand out.
He was playing well before his injury after a slow-ish start. Unfortunately we just didn’t see enough of him. If I’m being brutally honest though he’s a player we can upgrade on even if our budget isn’t big.

Rhyan48

He was playing well before his injury after a slow-ish start. Unfortunately we just didn’t see enough of him. If I’m being brutally honest though he’s a player we can upgrade on even if our budget isn’t big.
Who says it’s wansnt the style of play he was been told to play at ? Let’s be honest there was no physicality in the whole team until Brodie took over that’s just a personal opinion everyone thinks differently! I personally would keep Dixon

jenks33

Who says it’s wansnt the style of play he was been told to play at ? Let’s be honest there was no physicality in the whole team until Brodie took over that’s just a personal opinion everyone thinks differently! I personally would keep Dixon
You know I’m on about Lammon right? Not Dixon.

jenks33

I thought McNulty was a good signing, he was doing well right up until his injury.
I think people need to look at the bigger picture with McNulty though. Yes he was solid for us but he had just been released by the second worst team in the league so expectations were extremely low. I was just hoping he could skate without falling over! Plus he was replacing O’Connor. That’s all he had to do was not throw a ridiculous pass every shift / show the slightest bit of interest in actually defending and he would be an upgrade.
I appreciate everything he did for us but do I want him back next season? No chance

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

I think people need to look at the bigger picture with McNulty though. Yes he was solid for us but he had just been released by the second worst team in the league so expectations were extremely low. I was just hoping he could skate without falling over! Plus he was replacing O’Connor. That’s all he had to do was not throw a ridiculous pass every shift / show the slightest bit of interest in actually defending and he would be an upgrade.
I appreciate everything he did for us but do I want him back next season? No chance
I don't know what the background to his release from Manchester but I couldn't fault his performances for the Devils. He was a strong defender, rarely made a mistake- he might not have been the most dynamic but I'd certainly sign him back up for next season.

moggy#9

Lammon was much too weak on the face off for me. We need to be consistently winning at the dot on every line.