Who we want and don’t want back for next season

The_Puck

Thread starter #1
Just as the title says. It’s not who we think will be back just everyone’s opinions on who they want and don’t want back.

Renew -
Kozun
Register
Richie
Batch
Mikkelson (don’t think he’s back however)
Sanford
Cox
Coughler
Reid
Dixon (on lower line)
Crandall
Waller
Duggan
Davies
Brandt

Don’t renew -
Louis
McNulty
McNally
Lammon

Swarley

Your list seems decent altho I'd keep Louis, he's been one of the better imports on D for us this season, been faster and seems to be a lot better with his stick skills, plus losing him who the hell would we have to step up and fight if it's needed lol

jenks33

Just as the title says. It’s not who we think will be back just everyone’s opinions on who they want and don’t want back.

Renew -
Kozun
Register
Richie
Batch
Mikkelson (don’t think he’s back however)
Sanford
Cox
Coughler
Reid
Dixon (on lower line)
Crandall
Waller
Duggan
Davies
Brandt

Don’t renew -
Louis
McNulty
McNally
Lammon
I was wondering who was going to be the first person brave enough to post this. Less than 24 hours after the play off win as well! You’ll get told off by a few people :)

15 returnees is way too many in my opinion. Although we got to the final of both cup competitions (which is a great achievement) I still think people need to appreciate that the league is the big trophy in the UK. And for me we’ve proven over 9 months that this group isn’t consistent enough.

- two new goalies for me

- Defence I’d bring back Register, Richie, Louis, Batch. Hopefully Fournier to return and a like for like replacement for the retiring Mikkelson. Although I’ve got a suspicion that Louis might retire as well.

- Forwards is a difficult one. That’s all I’ll say is bringing 10 of them back is just too many. I think it’s fair to say that most of them bring a lot of positives to the table but you need to have the right balance as well. For me the balance isn’t right with this current crop.

I think Dixon will retire and Lammon and Mcnally won’t be back. Hopefully all the Brits return.

Coughler is a definite. As far as Reid, Crandall, Sanford, Cox I’m scratching my head a bit. I mean, I like them all individually but have they shown that they all deserve to come back? Im not so sure.

Just my opinion before anybody goes berserk :)

pjj365

With Mikkleson and probably Dixon retiring and a bench of 22 it means The _Puck list may need supplementing to go with the hobbits.
Generally I'd agree with the list but it's hard to say who else should go - style of play and what the additional 8 (a new NM is a given) would look like would influence me on whether anyone should go or not.
So splinters in the usual place are the order of the day

RedDevil17

In:
Coughler
Crandall
Register
Batch
Richardson
Cox
Waller
Duggan
Louis
Dixon
Reid

Out:
Kozun
Lammon
Sanford (had a good playoff weekend - however too inconsistent)
Carruth (confirmed)
Brandt
Mikkelson (likely to retire)
DuPont (as a player)

If McNally, Davies and McNulty were to return I wouldn’t complain, but we can upgrade on all of those.

BostonBart22

In:
Coughler
Crandall
Register
Batch
Richardson
Cox
Waller
Duggan
Louis
Dixon
Reid

Out:
Kozun
Lammon
Sanford (had a good playoff weekend - however too inconsistent)
Carruth (confirmed)
Brandt
Mikkelson (likely to retire)
DuPont (as a player)

If McNally, Davies and McNulty were to return I wouldn’t complain, but we can upgrade on all of those.
If sanford goes cox will follow , good chemistry between those 2 and would walk into any team as a pair, defo keep brandt would be a cheap import as well, out of brits davies although good on pk done nothing for me could do with upgrade on him as in matt myers assuming he would come back. long shot as well mosey a good shout good forward and defence if needed...

Diablo3

Jenks33, why are you scratching your head over Reid, Crandall, Sanford and Cox ? Along with Coughler they were our most effective players, besides Cox and Sanford are unlikely to be split up.

I fully expect Mikkelson and Dixon to retire, but this side were not that far off this year, so I don't want whole sale changes. We also have bigger rosters, which will help

august04 2.0

A new head coach to start with, plus 2 new netminders (hopefully a very good import plus Bowns (!)).

Defence - keep:
Register, Batch, Louis, Richardson.
I would have kept Mikkelson too, but it sounds like he’s retiring.

Forwards - keep:
Reid, Crandall, Cox, Coughler, Waller, Duggan, Dixon, Davies

I’d release:
Kozun - his form deteriorated as the season went on.
Lammon - unlucky with injuries but we have to upgrade on certain players to compete for the league next year. He’s one.
Sanford - not done anything particularly wrong and had a good play offs, but we have to improve the roster next year and this could be one area to do that. Wouldn’t be that disappointed if he was retained though.
Brandt - a fan favourite but upgrade needed.
McNally - not sure really, but an injury hit season and one to upgrade for me.
McNulty - need to upgrade.

Departing:
Carruth - confirmed

jenks33

Jenks33, why are you scratching your head over Reid, Crandall, Sanford and Cox ? Along with Coughler they were our most effective players, besides Cox and Sanford are unlikely to be split up.

I fully expect Mikkelson and Dixon to retire, but this side were not that far off this year, so I don't want whole sale changes. We also have bigger rosters, which will help
I’m scratching my head because there’s a lot to like about them individually but I just don’t think the balance is right. We went through a couple of runs this season of 6 or 7 games where we looked toothless. We would score 1 or 2 goals per game or didn’t score until the 55th minute and finish strongly and that would paper over the cracks. Teams just bullied us and kept us to the outside. Clearly adding Joey Martin will help a lot but I would still expect us to go through spells next season where we struggle to score.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Sanford, Cox, Coughler, would be my first import signings. Sanford had 47 points in 51 league games,myself I would move heaven and earth to keep this line. Then Register, Crandall, would be definates. With 3 more Imports allowed I would keep a few others.

Last edited:

jenks33

Sanford, Cox, Coughler, would be my first import signings. Sanford had 47 points in 51 league games,myself I would move heaven and earth to keep this line.
Not sure why you’re pointing out Sanford’s points Wannabe. Cox had more and Coughler possibly would have had more than 47 points had he been here for the season. If I’m honest I’d be looking for Sanford to score more than 22 goals in 51 games if he returns. He is a sniper after all, goals are his bread and butter.

Wannabe2

I know Cox had more I love that guy, and Coughler is the Dogs, but I also like Sanford his points were pretty neat for a first season. I just wouldn’t disturb this line, we all see things we like and some we don’t, myself I really like Sanford.

jenks33

I know Cox had more I love that guy, and Coughler is the Dogs, but I also like Sanford his points were pretty neat for a first season. I just wouldn’t disturb this line, we all see things we like and some we don’t, myself I really like Sanford.
True, all opinions.

Last edited:

Diablo3

That CCS line would be my first too. Nothing to say we can't add some size with the extra spaces, except for Brandt, he just makes everyone smile with those hits.

hip check

Players I would keep,
Register
Batch
Richie

Coughler
Reid
Cox
Sanford
Waller
Crandall
Brandt

If we can build on these guys I think we'll have a good season.

The_Stick_

Keep -
All Brits
Register (on the basis we sign a Fournier type player to reduce Registers ice time)
Coughler
Sanford
Cox
Crandall
Brandt
Reid
Dixon (lower line)