Who thinks the league will complete its games

dave

Scotland just banned gatherings of 500 or more so that's the northern eihl teams done for then
They could still play on reduced controlled capacity if they had to as other UK clubs still playing. With current advice and cases in UK it really is a no win decision making choice as it stands. In an hour it could be completely different!!

Swarley

I'm halfway to Scotland atm so it looks like I've just made it for the Dundee game on sunday before Mondays cut off.
From what I gathered by the news its already in effect as they changed their minds about waiting it out and decided to put it into immediate effect. I might of misheard what was said though as I normally don't pay attention to the news but it might be worth double checking.

matbur

You might get a few more games in but realistically the season isn't going to finish and the playoffs certainly won't be going ahead.

I'm a season ticket holder but I'm done for this season now, I want to do everything possible to prevent older family members catching this.

Diablo3

Thread starter #46
Reading between the lines, I can't see the league going beyond this weekend. EIHL said they wouldn't do anything until they get advice from government. Well England have said go ahead for now, but the Jocks have effectively banned anything north of the border. Game Over. I can't see any NHL like postponement as our clubs can't afford to keep the players beyond the end of a normal season.

august04

Right now, imports based in the UK can fly back home to North America. From Friday I think, mainland EU flights to the US are suspended (not sure if that applies to Canada too) - who knows if they’ll be able to get back home as this thing continues, if trans-Atlantic travel bans are extended, effecting the UK too. The players must be worried about that too. It seems ridiculous to me that the EIHL continues, when the sporting world is so badly effected. I can’t believe the Wales v Scotland game is going ahead also, utter madness.

Pope#42

Right now, imports based in the UK can fly back home to North America. From Friday I think, mainland EU flights to the US are suspended (not sure if that applies to Canada too) - who knows if they’ll be able to get back home as this thing continues, if trans-Atlantic travel bans are extended, effecting the UK too. The players must be worried about that too. It seems ridiculous to me that the EIHL continues, when the sporting world is so badly effected. I can’t believe the Wales v Scotland game is going ahead also, utter madness.
This is one of my concerns. We need to put our players first and give them the option to go home if they would like to. Not only that, but having teams travelling from arena to arena, in such close contact with each other, must be a concern.

I’m with one of the posters above - I’m a season ticket holder and I won’t be going for the foreseeable future. I also agree with other posters - I wouldn’t want a refund as I wouldn’t want it to effect the quality of the league which has been outstanding throughout this season. I just hope the EIHL make the right decision for the league and the players.

CaldicotDevil

If the games do go ahead what about the; 50/50 sellers, chuck a pucks, bar staff & food staff. Constantly in contact with people, handling money. It's a huge risk for them, especially the ones who volunteer to do it.

Personally I'd call all remaining league games off. If the situation does get better before POWF. Then POWF weekend have the top 4 teams in the league, winner takes all that weekend. Playoff, League & CHL spot. Unless Sheffield win it, then we'll just moan till the EIHL void the season.

ASHIPP

I will be surprised if the games go beyond this weekend. With the Scottish ban and the increasing likelihood of flights overseas being reduced, the League surely will be concerned about completing the schedule and also players being able to go home. The right decision for them needs to be made.

I am not a season ticket holder for this season, but I have bought 2 tickets for all remaining home games. Will not be attending unfortunately (vulnerable direct relatives I am looking after), nor do I want a refund. The Club deserves to keep as much revenue as possible in a situation out of their control.

Finny

There is NO ban in Scotland.

The First Minister said she was suggesting that events with more than 500 people could be cancelled so as to ease the pressure on the emergency services.
However, that was her own personal suggestion and not government policy. Additionally, Ice Hockey games in the UK have very little impact on the emergency services.

moggy#9

The Scottish situation made it likely, players in self isolation made it inevitable. The next big decision will be around the CHL place. IMO the sensible decision would be us for CHL and Steelers for continental cup. Unless they arrange for the coaches to settle it via xbox. I guess the next step is for the closed session speculation to start early.

Earnie

How about Cardiff and Sheffield have places in CHL and Coventry get the Continental Cup place.
there is no guarantee that the CHL will be up and running at the regular time anyway.

moggy#9

How about Cardiff and Sheffield have places in CHL and Coventry get the Continental Cup place.
there is no guarantee that the CHL will be up and running at the regular time anyway.
The UK only has one CHL place. Where we have had a second place it's been due to one team having been a winner or rubber up in the continental cup.