Who’s going tonight - Awards Night

jenks33

Mikkleson coaches choice really ? only one player for me and Register won that hands down , wonder who Skalde wouldve picked ? any other fans agree about coaches choice ?
I think Mikkelson played through a bad injury for a while so it’s probably more to do with that rather than brilliant performances on the ice. I’ve got a feeling Mikkelson will be back next season and Register won’t. I haven’t heard anything, that’s just a hunch.

BostonBart22

I think Mikkelson played through a bad injury for a while so it’s probably more to do with that rather than brilliant performances on the ice. I’ve got a feeling Mikkelson will be back next season and Register won’t. I haven’t heard anything, that’s just a hunch.
You could be right on returning with a little sweetener as capt maybe

Rempel16

I really hope Register is coming back. Him and Crandall are the only two 'must re-sign' for me of all the imports (I would have included Carruth also).

jenks33

You could be right on returning with a little sweetener as capt maybe
If the rumours of Fournier returning are true then you could go.

Fournier - Mikkelson

Richie - A.N Other

Batch - Louis

Obviously Register could be that other D man but I’ve just got a feeling he won’t be back.

jenks33

I really hope Register is coming back. Him and Crandall are the only two 'must re-sign' for me of all the imports (I would have included Carruth also).
Really?! Funny how we all see things differently. I’d have Reid, Coughler, Dixon (if he wants to return) all ahead of Register and Crandall.

Devil94

I’ve got a feeling Mikkelson will be back next season and Register won’t. I haven’t heard anything, that’s just a hunch.
I'm the other way round. I would have him back of course but I think Mikkelson is done. I think he came over for a final year and to get his MBA. And playing through his injury this year probably made that decision easier for him. I hear he's an intelligent and switched on guy, who probably has interests outside of hockey.

I think and hope Register will be back. From his previous years he looks like someone who likes to stay at a club for a few years, and I think his skating will be a problem with signing in an European top league. If he and Fournier will be with us next year, that's a lot of points coming from D.

Rempel16

Really?! Funny how we all see things differently. I’d have Reid, Coughler, Dixon (if he wants to return) all ahead of Register and Crandall.
It's great that everyone has a different opinion. I won't disclose anymore just yet, but I would add Coughler also. Forgot about him!

Oh, and I'd want to see a tandem 1st pair / 2nd pair of Register and Fournier - much like we saw with Fournier and Hotham.

jenks33

I'm the other way round. I would have him back of course but I think Mikkelson is done. I think he came over for a final year and to get his MBA. And playing through his injury this year probably made that decision easier for him. I hear he's an intelligent and switched on guy, who probably has interests outside of hockey.

I think and hope Register will be back. From his previous years he looks like someone who likes to stay at a club for a few years, and I think his skating will be a problem with signing in an European top league. If he and Fournier will be with us next year, that's a lot of points coming from D.
I suppose he will be 35 at the start of next season so he might pack it in over the summer. Who would you want back if the choice was between Register and Jardine? Hypothetically speaking as I can’t see Jardine back in the EIHL next season. I’d choose Jardine to be honest. Especially if Fournier returned.

Rempel16

I suppose he will be 35 at the start of next season so he might pack it in over the summer. Who would you want back if the choice was between Register and Jardine? Hypothetically speaking as I can’t see Jardine back in the EIHL next season. I’d choose Jardine to be honest. Especially if Fournier returned.
That's an interesting one!

Register for me. He plays those high percentage passes, but only because he's capable of them. I don't feel that Jardine has the same level of hockey IQ.

I also don't think Fournier has the IQ of Register (who's IQ is not far off Hotham for me) - but Fournier has the NHL-standard skating ability that got him out of so many awkward situations. He has the better shot too, which makes him the better player.

Of the 4 mentioned there my order would be:

Hotham
Fournier
Register
Jardine

All subjective of course.

jenks33

That's an interesting one!

Register for me. He plays those high percentage passes, but only because he's capable of them. I don't feel that Jardine has the same level of hockey IQ.

I also don't think Fournier has the IQ of Register (who's IQ is not far off Hotham for me) - but Fournier has the NHL-standard skating ability that got him out of so many awkward situations. He has the better shot too, which makes him the better player.

Of the 4 mentioned there my order would be:

Hotham
Fournier
Register
Jardine

All subjective of course.
See I think Jardine is the full package at this level. I know his stats maybe weren’t spectacular in cardiff last time but we saw the best of him after xmas. And since then he’s put up very decent numbers for a D man (44 points in the ECHL and even 11 points in 35 games this season in strong leagues is decent) If we had Fournier then I think Jardine would give us enough offensively whilst being a better defensive defenceman than Fourns and Register. It’s harsh to compare players to Hotham but Hotham and Register are clearly quite similar when it comes to taking risks on the ice. I just feel Register is a bit too lightweight and easy to manipulate at times for my liking. Where as Hotham had that nasty streak. Clearly a lot to like about Register’s game as well tho, 44 points in 53 games is obviously a great effort offensively.