Who’s going tonight - Awards Night

One thing to take from tonight was the love Todd has for this club. Welling up and having to walk off stage whilst giving out awards shows how much he is invested in it. Not a person who’s commitment can be questioned. It was a great night all around. I have a couple of videos if anyone wants to see them feel free to pm me

ASHIPP

One thing to take from tonight was the love Todd has for this club. Welling up and having to walk off stage whilst giving out awards shows how much he is invested in it. Not a person who’s commitment can be questioned. It was a great night all around. I have a couple of videos if anyone wants to see them feel free to pm me
And some posters questioning TK's motivation in another chat thread! That level of commitment is priceless. Thank God he's running our Club ....read any other fan forum around the league and posters are full of praise for the gold standard of organisation at the Cardiff Devils.

People forget that without Todd and the Owners the hockey fanatics in South Wales would be resigned to following Swindon every week or watching NHL TV to get their fix.

drainage

I’m surprised brandt had fan favourite player.

He’s been here less than half the season,

I thought everyone would have voted carruth?
There is a reason they didn’t …..as a fan base loving our faves is in the DNA. Think the salient question is why wasn’t he voted fan fave? Also votes cast I believe before his move was released

Wannabe2

Thread starter #25
Tonight was one awesome night and if you missed it, you missed out it was well organised and a really good evening. Sullys videos was there usual high standards, and it was a fun night thanks guys loved it.

E.D.S.

Don’t let a few misinformed views on here taint that of, what I believe to be, the majority. Todd does a cracking job. Everyone can improve. He strikes me as the kinda guy who wants to and looks to improve. Having had a few business discussions with him, he’s an honest guy, doesn’t suffer fools, direct and is very very switched on. The club is in good hands.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #27
As a veteran of 36 yrs and having seen 8-10 different owners, not one of them could hold a candle to our present awesome owners. We have the best owners we have ever had, the best venue we have ever had, the best security we have ever had, and are in the best place we have ever been. Enjoy it guys it won’t get much better.

Mooney#16

It was myself who queried if Todd had become complacent so I’m happy to take the stick of being wrong. I’m not about doubling down on an incorrect opinion and stand corrected about his level of motivation.

I do find it ironic however that Todd gets such a free pass from folks when he’s the MD and has made a couple of doozy errors this year but the players can get absolutely chomped on for a couple of results not going the right way and all manner of vitriol is acceptable. Personal opinion there’s a bit of double standards in that.

august04 2.0

It was myself who queried if Todd had become complacent so I’m happy to take the stick of being wrong. I’m not about doubling down on an incorrect opinion and stand corrected about his level of motivation.

I do find it ironic however that Todd gets such a free pass from folks when he’s the MD and has made a couple of doozy errors this year but the players can get absolutely chomped on for a couple of results not going the right way and all manner of vitriol is acceptable. Personal opinion there’s a bit of double standards in that.
I agree with you that the management have made some mistakes this year, both on and off the ice. I think they have enough credit in the bank though, to give them time next season to put those right. And I’m sure they will. I don’t believe we will see such a bang average Devils roster again, unless the league fundamentally changes for the worse at some point.

Diablo3

Coughler got Scott Matzka,
Brandt got fan favourite,
Cox got best forward,
Batch got best defence man and unsung hero,
Reid got highest points scorer and MVP,
Duggs got Players player,
Mikkelson got Coaches choice,
Lammon got player in the community

hip check

Surprises me that some fans want the vast majority of this lot back. 14 points behind Belfast and it would have been more if it wasn’t for Carruth. We were way, way off being a title contender this season. At least 8 new guys for me, possibly more.
One of our strengths in seasons gone by was keeping a core squad of players returning for 2,3 or more seasons, historically teams that change a lot of players season after season haven't fared quite so well as the Devil's over recent years.
I definitely think the squad needs a freshen up but not sure how many new guys we would need, quite a few times this season we've taken the best teams to the cleaners but our lack of consistency has let us down, careful thought needs to be put into what type of squad we need for the coming season.

jenks33

One of our strengths in seasons gone by was keeping a core squad of players returning for 2,3 or more seasons, historically teams that change a lot of players season after season haven't fared quite so well as the Devil's over recent years.
I definitely think the squad needs a freshen up but not sure how many new guys we would need, quite a few times this season we've taken the best teams to the cleaners but our lack of consistency has let us down, careful thought needs to be put into what type of squad we need for the coming season.
Yes but it was easy to only make 4 or 5 changes to the roster when we were successful every season. Even the seasons when we didn’t win the league we usually took it to the final day. We were way off winning the league this year. Our best player was our goalie and he really should have won one of the top awards last night if we’re honest. I’m happy to have about 12 of this seasons roster back if we’re going with a roster of 20, which I think is fair enough. Possibly a bit too generous actually, particularly if both goalies don’t come back.

Slartibartfast

As a veteran of 36 yrs and having seen 8-10 different owners, not one of them could hold a candle to our present awesome owners. We have the best owners we have ever had, the best venue we have ever had, the best security we have ever had, and are in the best place we have ever been. Enjoy it guys it won’t get much better.
I totally echo this. Only 33 years in my case but no other owners or management team have come close to this. They are human so will make mistakes but they engage the fans, listen and fix things pretty quick when they occasionally get it wrong. The biggest difference I see between these owners and some of the previous is that they did not come into it to make money. They are in it because they love it and that makes such a difference. And Todd is the management version of Lord. Tirelessly working to improve things. I know some people consider this toadying and don't like it but you don't appreciate what you got until its gone.

jenks33

Won’t the roster be 22, or weren’t you counting netties.
I thought it would be going back to the pre pandemic format. Wasn’t that 2 goalies, 6 D and 12 forwards. And we would occasionally carry a spare. So 21 at most right? Not including 2 way players.
So I think we would start the season with 20 and probably add a spare during the season?

Last edited: