What the hell!

Mazzoak

Pretty sure any legal action against a European club would be futile & expensive if not even possible. Copyright protection is a mine field, having said that the bases for any action is loss or deception, be that financial or reputation. I very much doubt the Cardiff Devils have incurred either. Also the logo is not exact, it’s a poor similar logo, you can’t claim against similar, the club l doubt own the rights to Lucifers features. That’s all assuming the Devils have protected the logo, it wouldn’t be unusual considering the cost when you consider the chances of the U.K. having more than one Devils ice hockey team.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #22
Ok, lets take seriousness out of this as i was just amazed that our logo was being used by a German team then another team was found and when i added "Court Case, Court Case, Court Case" i added a :cool: at the end of it as to try to show it wasn't a serious comment.
No one sue anyone, lets just all play nicely and get along.
Just to add Jack Daniels loved my Rock T-shirt design as it fitted in to there market audience but still wouldn't let me use it, BUGGER!
So if Jack Daniels start using a design like this:

screenshot.png

Let me know :D

Last edited:

Leighton

its almost the done thing here in north america to rip off a pro team. pretty much every minor/junior team i see has taken "inspiration" from an NHL team. squint your eyes and my 14 year old could be dressed for Vegas. they played a team on the weekend who had blatantly ripped off Dallas.

Attachments

Johnnybravo1927

Pretty sure any legal action against a European club would be futile & expensive if not even possible. Copyright protection is a mine field, having said that the bases for any action is loss or deception, be that financial or reputation. I very much doubt the Cardiff Devils have incurred either. Also the logo is not exact, it’s a poor similar logo, you can’t claim against similar, the club l doubt own the rights to Lucifers features. That’s all assuming the Devils have protected the logo, it wouldn’t be unusual considering the cost when you consider the chances of the U.K. having more than one Devils ice hockey team.

There is a Solent Devils playing in Gosport, also have a junior Devils set up there

Mazzoak

Devils Entertainment Ltd have a Trademark on both the name Cardiff Devils and that logo. That Logo or name has to be identical for it to be an issue, the logo I’ve seen on those shirts is a pretty poor copy, safe to say nobody is going to mistake it for a Cardiff Devils shirt, though pretty sure a few members with an itch for proving me wrong may disagree ;).......

pjj365

Having spent some of my life licensing trademarks it would be difficult to prohibit use (let alone obtain damages) on a copy with even one slight difference. Even the shade of the colors used would be taken into account. And then to get decent damages there would need to be an intent to profit from our brand or to do us "harm"