What is going to happen to the tent?

Thread starter #1
So I came down from Aberystwyth last night to see the game with my mate and it was awesome. But I was surprised when people were telling me that the tent is still open and running.

I know you shouldn't take everything on this forum as gospel truth, but the general idea that I got about the BBT is that it'd be closing down more or less when the move to the IAW was over.

Does anyone know what the immediate future of the tent is? Some people are saying it's gonna be taken down and moved somewhere.

Kal

I think possibly Planet Ice had already made plans and taken bookings for Easter so will probably close after the Easter school holidays.

Thread starter #5
Yeah I was thinking they'll run it and try to take as much money as they can until the financial situation forces them to stop.

As for it going to Leeds, where did that rumour come from?

Perhaps they are other places they could send it.... *cough cough Aberystwyth ;) :lol:

I was told the other day that it will stay open until people stop going there. They have dropped the prices for skating but I can't see it lasting long. I can't work out who will still be working there let alone skating.

Electro

If you go on planet ice Web page you cannot book any lessons, birthday parties etc passed Easter. All listed as unavailable.

Thread starter #9
Hey guys just found this which is interesting:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-7655105

Ignore the generate image of the rink further down, but check out the top picture of the hoardings: you can see an indoor view that looks strikingly like the tent's.

It really does seem like Leeds is going to be the next place in the UK to get an ice rink, poor Aberystwyth will have to wait its turn, haha.

Nah bbt definitely not headed to Leeds. They are having a new purpose built rink with 1500 seating.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk