Webcast a go-er.

kettdevil1

I would be very surprised if there was much (if any) profit looking at the costs of a live broadcast.

Not totally sure where this conversation is going - if people think £15 is too expensive then they won't pay it, if they don't they will...

jenks33

I would be very surprised if there was much (if any) profit looking at the costs of a live broadcast.

Not totally sure where this conversation is going - if people think £15 is too expensive then they won't pay it, if they don't they will...
Does it need to be going anywhere? It’s a forum where people can express their opinions.

“If people think £15 is too expensive then they won’t pay it, if they don’t they will”

I’ve seen a few people say this and in my opinion it’s a pointless statement. What if the webcast was £25? You could still say some people will pay for it and some won’t. It doesn’t make the price right.

kettdevil1

Does it need to be going anywhere? It’s a forum where people can express their opinions.

“If people think £15 is too expensive then they won’t pay it, if they don’t they will”

I’ve seen a few people say this and in my opinion it’s a pointless statement. What if the webcast was £25? You could still say some people will pay for it and some won’t. It doesn’t make the price right.
In answer to your first point..... that's fair enough, however, after 10 pages I am not sure if anything new is being added but if people want to carry on then clearly they will do, I still think that any great insight is unlikely.

For the second point, surely this is the definition of a capitalist society? The principles of supply and demand dictate the price and so if enough people purchase at that price point then that is the market price. Personally I wouldn't but then again that doesn't make me right :) I would imagine that the thinking is that costs need to be covered and the product is likely to be relatively inelastic in demand so.... a higher price might be possible.

10 pages of like minded people moaning and calling other posters out on their personal views ? What a joke. I bet the owners of infinity are crapping themselves, less than a dozen people having a winge. Bottom line is if this company are also supplying Belfast, Manchester and Sheffield at £15 per game and it's working why should Cardiff have streams for less ? It's £15 that's it you can take it or leave it, life is about choices. Personally I won't be paying £15 MY CHOICE, I think it's too high a price to pay, what I will say is if I owned infinity I would be worrying about putting the best product out there I could and not worry about a dozen disgruntled Cardiff fans. The club has done great getting in a company who are capable to do a job at short notice. All my own opinions.. this thread has created a buzz, so I'll Finnish up with TOO INFINITY AND BEYOND.

jenks33

10 pages of like minded people moaning and calling other posters out on their personal views ? What a joke. I bet the owners of infinity are crapping themselves, less than a dozen people having a winge. Bottom line is if this company are also supplying Belfast, Manchester and Sheffield at £15 per game and it's working why should Cardiff have streams for less ? It's £15 that's it you can take it or leave it, life is about choices. Personally I won't be paying £15 MY CHOICE, I think it's too high a price to pay, what I will say is if I owned infinity I would be worrying about putting the best product out there I could and not worry about a dozen disgruntled Cardiff fans. The club has done great getting in a company who are capable to do a job at short notice. All my own opinions.. this thread has created a buzz, so I'll Finnish up with TOO INFINITY AND BEYOND.
You say if I owned infinity I would worry about putting the best product out there. I think that’s one of the problems, If last weekend is anything to go by it’s very average. If they’re going to charge £15 hopefully they up their game.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #189
You say if I owned infinity I would worry about putting the best product out there. I think that’s one of the problems, If last weekend is anything to go by it’s very average. If they’re going to charge £15 hopefully they up their game.
How will you know if they have upped their game.

pjj365

That's my point - I don't think the product has changed simply the delivery platform

jenks33

How will you know if they have upped their game.
By purchasing future webcasts. I haven’t once said I won’t by any webcasts. Unfortunately I just won’t be able to buy as many at £15.
And ideally I want it to be as good as the Sheffield webcast. Or at least not far off that standard.

Mazzoak

The answer isn‘t found today, what maybe the “Answer“ is during lockdown many other leagues around the world played in empty arena‘s with fans watching on tv.
Covid isn’t going anywhere fast, in fact, in the future, who knows what is coming. One thing is for sure, Deliveroo, Uber Eats are all delivering restaurant food to people at home, it’s not in our DNA to enjoy hockey away from a live venue, lets be honest, it’s not in our DNA to understand many of the ways of upcoming young adults, the world is changing, some may have identified a potential market place. Let’s be honest if ice hockey in Cardiff suddenly sky rocketed, the only option to watch your team is on a tv box if the rink has less seats than fan demand.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #194
Panthers doing a webcast of this weekend game against Steelers, think it will be a one off as it’s Steelers and they will sell tons. And at the very good price of £15 lol.