Webcast a go-er.

Kevlar68

Well we didn't know there was going to be season until last minute really if we go by previous seasons build up, we had nothing in place until weeks before.
As a business owner myself, if i was in their shoes a streaming service would be last on my list as it's not a profit maker compared to everything else.
Look at everything that it would take to pull together to get a season ready, its a huge task at short notice and everything within the arena itself would be the main priority, social media and streaming is a by-product of the main business.

august04 2.0

No surprises there it was 2 years ago when all other webcasts was £10, I stick by that opinion.
So you don’t give a toss and I’m alright Jack as a season ticket holder, when it effects home games that more often than not you wouldn’t watch anyway, yet you were up in arms about it when another team did it which would increase the price of away webcasts that you do watch?! Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Well we didn't know there was going to be season until last minute really if we go by previous seasons build up, we had nothing in place until weeks before.
As a business owner myself, if i was in their shoes a streaming service would be last on my list as it's not a profit maker compared to everything else.
Look at everything that it would take to pull together to get a season ready, its a huge task at short notice and everything within the arena itself would be the main priority, social media and streaming is a by-product of the main business.
a typical reply from a business owner as you are don’t agree a word that you have said!

Kevlar68

a typical reply from a business owner as you are don’t agree a word that you have said!
Well hello there you, thank you for your honesty so let me retort.

A business needs to make a profit first to survive which is a true fact by the way, without any profit a business folds.
So in the light of that very simple business lesson anything that is a service with little or no profit margin at all is not a priority.
If a business didn't have a product to sell it just wouldn't take off, i mean would you pay £15 for streaming of a blacked out arena and concrete pad? I think not.
So, with that in mind you build the product first which is ready to launch unto the world then add the social media and streaming to show off your amazing product in all its glory.
Is that business plan wrong?

E.D.S.

To answer the season ticket question first this year is my first season ticket year as i've owned a business and lived in Greece for 19 years but went to almost all home games from November onwards buying tickets game by game.
This year i'm in UK all season. So no i'm not a regular season ticket holder.

I've streamed the odd away game, 3 home games since the IAW opened.
So i get the hike is a big one but isn't all this anger and annoyance better aimed at infinity21 and ask them why it costs so much and see what they come back with?
The costing they give is out of Devils Org. hands.
Isn’t that a bit like saying if you don’t like how the Devils are playing email Skalde and don’t vent on here or if you don’t like the price of the beer email the bar manager?

This is a forum. It’s for debate. A debate is being had. No boundaries being crossed. Just a sensible debate. If people are bored of it, it’s really very simple, don’t click on the topic.

Kevlar68

I get what your saying but those situations are devils matters directly, the team and the bar, the cost infinity21 are charging is their product and are their policies not the devils.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #147
So you don’t give a toss and I’m alright Jack as a season ticket holder, when it effects home games that more often than not you wouldn’t watch anyway, yet you were up in arms about it when another team did it which would increase the price of away webcasts that you do watch?! Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Who the hell are you to judge me, what makes you so bloody high and mighty. If you think I don’t give a toss about others then you don’t know me at all thankfully. And hopefully that’s exactly how it will stay, I don’t have to explain myself to you one iota mate, and believe me I won’t. Stay Safe.

E.D.S.

I get what your saying but those situations are devils matters directly, the team and the bar, the cost infinity21 are charging is their product and are their policies not the devils.
I do agree in part but isn’t this whole forum about venting nonsense and let’s be honest, it is largely nonsense? People claiming to no more than the next, people with insider knowledge, people talking utter shite and then those that just like to stir. This for me is a Devils matter directly as they chose the service provider and would know the costs associated but I do see where you’re coming from.

I’ve taken your advice though and already drafted my email to Skalde that I’ll send at Christmas demanding to know why Louis isn’t fighting more

A very truthful and honest reply from a very hard working good man, our opinions differ that’s life get over it.
It’s always the same with you wannabe you always want to hear positive things about the club and not negative things we all know that this club is your passion but look at all the comments on this thread we all don’t agree with you !

Wannabe2

Thread starter #154
When I started this thread I was hoping to be the bringer of good news, not a tosser who don’t give a shit about anyone.

Kevlar68

The definition of forum is thus:
"a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Everyone is allowed their say, good, bad or indifferent BUT no one should be attacked personally for their view on here.
At the end of the day we all support the same team and the end goal is that we have a team and a team that can succeed.

drainage

Just reading this thread and it’s not comfortable reading …..I am a ST holder and have been since late 1986 so my dedication to team isn’t in question IMO …..I don’t have a clue what the costs of a webcast to host are but I do believe we don’t have a team wanting to rip-off it’s fans. I also support a team that’s had virtually no income for over a year they definitely need to find income …..I wouldn’t buy webcast as can attend home games but I buy 50 50 tickets and shop in Corkys shop to do my bit …yes it’s a hike but it’s a strange world we live in…… who knows where webcast prices end up ?