Webcast a go-er.

E.D.S.

Congratulations on a successful life and career my friend but if you don’t mind me saying so your views appear to have changed somewhat since you started a thread on THF expressing your outrage at Sheffield’s decision to raise the price of their webcasts. Some interesting responses from you to other posters‘ views as well.

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1538

A little more circumspection on your behalf might be advisable in the future.
Wow!

Congratulations on a successful life and career my friend but if you don’t mind me saying so your views appear to have changed somewhat since you started a thread on THF expressing your outrage at Sheffield’s decision to raise the price of their webcasts. Some interesting responses from you to other posters‘ views as well.

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1538

Wannabe might have had a pay rise since those posts

jenks33

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1538

Fair play that’s a brilliant find haha.

jenks33

No surprises there it was 2 years ago when all other webcasts was £10, I stick by that opinion.
Why does it need to be £15 two years later though? Especially when the quality is the same. I buy webcasts in different sports - Rugby Union, Rugby League, Football etc and I’ve been paying the same post pandemic as I was 2 years ago.

jenks33

Think it’s because Infinity are the streaming people, and they wouldn’t have a sliding scale for different teams.
I think they need to make sure the quality of the webcast is the same at all clubs then. If the warm up game against nottingham is to go by it certainly isn’t. Who knows maybe it will improve, I won’t hold my breath tho.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #130
and your feed back on all the comments in this thread about the increase ?
Everyone has their views mate, and rightly so, what I will say is that we are on page 7 yet it’s the same 9 people who really have a problem with it, that’s not a massive amount for 7 pages. Although their views are as valid as anyone’s.

jenks33

Everyone has their views mate, and rightly so, what I will say is that we are on page 7 yet it’s the same 9 people who really have a problem with it, that’s not a massive amount for 7 pages. Although their views are as valid as anyone’s.
9 people. There’s only about 11 of us on here! Haha

Kevlar68

So, i've read through all these post as was curious what all the whoohaa is.

I can't remember who said what and why exactly as it ends up being "blah, blah, blah" after a while but at the end of the day if Infinity21 set the cost price per game it's not the Devils Org fault.
If this option is a quick fix for this season due to everything this season being at short notice and can find a cheaper service next year as they will have time to secure a different streaming service then so be it, at least they've secured a streaming platform.
Maybe all this spleen venting should be in emails to infinity21 if people are that outraged.
Me, i have maybe streamed 3 games in total. As long as my team win and then i can catch up with highlights i'm happy.
You pay £15, you watch the game, you don't pay £15, you don't watch the game.

jenks33

I can't remember who said what and why exactly as it ends up being "blah, blah, blah" after a while but at the end of the day if Infinity21 set the cost price per game it's not the Devils Org fault.
If this option is a quick fix for this season due to everything this season being at short notice and can find a cheaper service next year as they will have time to secure a different streaming service then so be it, at least they've secured a streaming platform.
Maybe all this spleen venting should be in emails to infinity21 if people are that outraged.
Me, i have maybe streamed 3 games in total. As long as my team win and then i can catch up with highlights i'm happy.
Have you got a season ticket?

jenks33

You’ve only ever streamed 3 games? No wonder you don’t care how much it is then haha. All of us who are outraged probably buy 20+ webcasts a season. I bought at least 25 webcasts in 2019/20. So that cost me £250 but this season would cost me £375. So yeah I am peed off about it. £125 is a lot of money to some of us…

Kevlar68

To answer the season ticket question first this year is my first season ticket year as i've owned a business and lived in Greece for 19 years but went to almost all home games from November onwards buying tickets game by game.
This year i'm in UK all season. So no i'm not a regular season ticket holder.

I've streamed the odd away game, 3 home games since the IAW opened.
So i get the hike is a big one but isn't all this anger and annoyance better aimed at infinity21 and ask them why it costs so much and see what they come back with?
The costing they give is out of Devils Org. hands.

jenks33

To answer the season ticket question first this year is my first season ticket year as i've owned a business and lived in Greece for 19 years but went to almost all home games from November onwards buying tickets game by game.
This year i'm in UK all season. So no i'm not a regular season ticket holder.

I've streamed the odd away game, 3 home games since the IAW opened.
So i get the hike is a big one but isn't all this anger and annoyance better aimed at infinity21 and ask them why it costs so much and see what they come back with?
The costing they give is out of Devils Org. hands.
Bottom line it would be interesting to know if it was the only option they had this season. And we’re probably not going to know that. Funny that it’s probably the most expensive option tho…
Don’t get me wrong I think Todd and the owners are brilliant and I know they didn’t come up with the £15 pricing. Surely they knew this would be a contentious issue tho. I bet Steve doesn’t like reading through all these posts, Do’u know why because he’s a bloody good bloke and I’m sure he knows £15 is too much for one game. I’m not saying he’s got anything to feel guilty about as he didn’t choose for the webcast to be £15 but it’s still his club and it’s not a good look.

Kevlar68

Again no one knows the whys and where's but i don't think the Devils Org would ever do something intentionally to aggravate the fan base and always seem to strive to find the best deals for the fans (maybe not the best beers though).
If they had time to secure a cheaper streaming option i honestly believe they would have and think this is a band aid for this season so we actually had a streaming service up and running.

jenks33

Again no one knows the whys and where's but i don't think the Devils Org would ever do something intentionally to aggravate the fan base and always seem to strive to find the best deals for the fans (maybe not the best beers though).
If they had time to secure a cheaper streaming option i honestly believe they would have and think this is a band aid for this season so we actually had a streaming service up and running.
Again it would be interesting to know how long the club knew that Icetime tv wasn’t going to be an option this season. If it was a bit last minute then fair enough but I suspect it’s something they knew quite a while ago