Webcast a go-er.

My citing of Brexit was an example of external factors that have increased cost markedly in other sectors of the economy.
Here we go the excuse of brexit load of BS
If icetime.tv provided their own hosting, the cost model would be different and so not necessarily comparable.

moggy#9

Here we go making brexit the excuse load of BS
Oh ffs I clearly said that the Brexit comment was about the fact that large cost increases aren't unknown. I also made clear that cost increases could be down to hosting our other factors - we don't know! Ultimately, if this was the only solution, all of the arguments about value are moot. It's a take it out leave it proposition.

E.D.S.

Oh ffs I clearly said that the Brexit comment was about the fact that large cost increases aren't unknown. I also made clear that cost increases could be down to hosting our other factors - we don't know! Ultimately, if this was the only solution, all of the arguments about value are moot. It's a take it out leave it proposition.
Agree. It is a take it or leave it proposition. I thought that's what we were debating. People naturally want to know what they are "taking" that's all. It's a "leave it" for me because it isn't value. Value is not a moot point. It's at the heart of my decision. New provider or not. I don't see the value in £15.

moggy#9

Agree. It is a take it or leave it proposition. I thought that's what we were debating. People naturally want to know what they are "taking" that's all. It's a "leave it" for me because it isn't value. Value is not a moot point. It's at the heart of my decision. New provider or not. I don't see the value in £15.
I meant that value was a moot point in terms of who the club was able to choose as a service provider. They (presumably) simply had to take what was available.

Ocko

Not really read all the posts in this thread but get the mood. Personally I don’t have a problem with £15 and I will rely heavily on webcasts as I’ll be deployed for 3 months from January. Thing is it’s a business, not a charity or community project. No one here knows the club’s financials or how much the webcast costs. Or most crucially how much was lost due to COVID. The demand is obviously there at £15 as they wouldn’t go with it if they were going to lose money. I get the feeling people think the club owes them something, you’re customers. If you don’t want to buy the webcast as it’s too expensive, don’t. Same with a ticket. The club won’t miss anyone - fans will come and go unless they do something catastrophic like the Ragan era your custom will be replaced - we sold out a preseason game so support wise we’re good.

E.D.S.

Not really read all the posts in this thread but get the mood. Personally I don’t have a problem with £15 and I will rely heavily on webcasts as I’ll be deployed for 3 months from January. Thing is it’s a business, not a charity or community project. No one here knows the club’s financials or how much the webcast costs. Or most crucially how much was lost due to COVID. The demand is obviously there at £15 as they wouldn’t go with it if they were going to lose money. I get the feeling people think the club owes them something, you’re customers. If you don’t want to buy the webcast as it’s too expensive, don’t. Same with a ticket. The club won’t miss anyone - fans will come and go unless they do something catastrophic like the Ragan era your custom will be replaced - we sold out a preseason game so support wise we’re good.
I'd suggest reading the posts. As what you've written isn't reflective of the discussion and doesn't add anything at all. I think people are well aware of being customers they don't need reminding - hence the level of debate, the passion and ironically this is the voice of some of those customers. Being "owed something" and a "charity" is naive phrasing and not at all what has come through this thread.

Bizarrely, Saying fans will "come and go" and your "custom will be replaced" is a very Ragan-esque thing to say.

jenks33

I couldn’t disagree more with the post. Fair play you’re entitled to your opinion tho.
“People think the club owes them something”. What a bizarre comment. I don’t feel the club owes me anything at all. I just don’t want to pay £15 for a webcast that isn’t worth anywhere near £15. Happy to pay £10. As others have said £15 is an obscene amount and why the £5 increase? It’s crazy.

OCKO the comments you have made are not quite positive if you read through this thread , I personally am not in the same situation as your good self and can’t afford £15 every week to watch the devils , what has been said is why the increase in price when the quality is the same as ice time tv , and I think not just myself but a lot of fans feel the same about the webcast provider

Last edited:
I have a reasonable life style due to still working at 72 yrs of age full time, and having worked since I was 14, 6 days a week, not smoking don’t buy many clothes, never had a inheritance, lived for 17yrs in a council house in Ely ( love ELY ) and have worked for everything I have . Certainly wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth, everything I have I have worked for. My one main outlay is my hockey, and it’s worth every penny of my hard worked money.Stay Safe All.
Congratulations on a successful life and career my friend but if you don’t mind me saying so your views appear to have changed somewhat since you started a thread on THF expressing your outrage at Sheffield’s decision to raise the price of their webcasts. Some interesting responses from you to other posters‘ views as well.

35EF7DB0-BE48-497A-84A9-CBF9BC44378B.jpeg

1F6D6F5F-9938-4932-9095-369796A577CF.jpeg

BDBCA6DC-F675-44BC-B61A-49B6009F4AB0.jpeg

A little more circumspection on your behalf might be advisable in the future.

jenks33

OCKO the comments you have made are not quite positive if you read through this thread , I personally am not in the same situation as your good self and can’t afford £15 every week to watch the devils , what has been said is why the increase in price when the quality is the same as ice time tv , and I think not just myself but a lot of fans feel the same about the webcast provider
Not even £15 a week some months. We’ve got 5 home games in December and 7 home games in January! And there’s the challenge cup. £105 if I want to watch every devils home game in January on an average webcast. Staggering

rocketbob

Not even £15 a week some months. We’ve got 5 home games in December and 7 home games in January! And there’s the challenge cup. £105 if I want to watch every devils home game in January on an average webcast. Staggering
This is exactly why a season ticket is a much fairer option, especially if you can spread the costs more evenly over the season.

moggy#9

This is exactly why a season ticket is a much fairer option, especially if you can spread the costs more evenly over the season.
Have a read of my previous comments about a league wide approach to streaming. Something like that would possibly provide better value options over the course of a season. Perhaps this is something that fans should lobby the league for. That said, I'm sure that the usual suspects would veto any progressive ideas.

jenks33

Don’t have a poke at me but I am getting tired of this topic!
And thats exactly what they (the people that decide a reasonable price for a webcast is £15) want. “They’ll soon stop moaning about the price, and then next season we can push it up to £18”! To be fair it’s been less than a week since we learnt that this seasons webcast is £15. If I’m still banging on about it in a month you can tell me to shut up :)

And thats exactly what they (the people that decide a reasonable price for a webcast is £15) want. “They’ll soon stop moaning about the price, and then next season we can push it up to £18”! To be fair it’s been less than a week since we learnt that this seasons webcast is £15. If I’m still banging on about it in a month you can tell me to shut up :)
So you agree with the price increase then?

jenks33

So you agree with the price increase then?
Is that a joke or have you misunderstood my post? I was quoting the people that decide on the price of a webcast. They want us to stop moaning about it ASAP and then next season they can charge us £18 for a game! I very much disagree with the price increase.