We Are Number One

SteveKing

Thread starter #1
just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you beautiful people. When I come to Cardiff I get to meet dozens of people and it's been amazing - but on a daily basis, the fans here on the Inferno are my connection when I'm feeling far away.

Congratulations to all of you on becoming champions today. The doubts, the panic attacks, the helpful suggestions, even the unhelpful ones make this day and this process all the more fun and rewarding.

Now I know that we are now forever cursed to disappoint all of you from here on out but we'all reserve that talk for another day!!! For right now, and for the first time in 20 years, we are champions and it feels soooooooo good.

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS indeed!

Wannabe2

God Steve, how good does that feel tonight, with you wonderful people at the helm, with the best fans in the league, with the best team in the league, with the best Coach in the league. With the best Owners in the league, all together in the best City in the UK, Surely the world is our oyster. Together we will NEVER WALK ALONE, how Lush is that. Today is our day, 2017 is our year, and guess what.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Steve , thanks to you and the guys for taking a chance , investing in our club and giving Andrew Lord the backing to put this team together ! 2016/17 CC Cup Champions, Elite League Champions ........ Thank You! .

ASHIPP

Steve - the Ownership in Calgary took a huge chance 3 years ago. This amazing achievement is reward for that decision.

Someone else beautifully summed it up by saying our beloved organisation has now become the benchmark in this league in EVERY respect.

We are just so fortunate to be travelling with you on this incredible journey! Thankyou for that.
Enjoy these fantastic times.

Diafol

Still buzzing, and I couldn't even go last night !
Thank you Steve and the rest of the Calgary Crew for everything you've done for this club :)

kettdevil1

Listening again to Lordo's speech last night, I think he summed things up perfectly. A few years ago we were playing out of a tent, we couldn't even get enough sticks for the players and the club was dying on its feet. I kept thinking back to those feelings of hopelessness last night and marvelling at how far we have come thanks to our Calgary friends and a lot of hard work by many people. The team this year are a special team and I cannot remember a team I have enjoyed watching more (at least away from the IAW) in all my years watching the Devils..... they deserve this.

Always difficult to pick out players but in the spirit of reflecting on how far we have come, I looked back at our 2013-14 roster which was the low point for me and for Josh Batch, Luke Piggott, Jake Morrisette, Matthew Myers, Andrew Lord, Neil Francis and Mark Richardson this must be extra special. They saw where we were and how far we have come and they stuck by the club in its darkest hour.

Yesterday was special, indeed the whole season has been special so..... is it greedy to want to wi the playoffs as well?

Listening again to Lordo's speech last night, I think he summed things up perfectly. A few years ago we were playing out of a tent, we couldn't even get enough sticks for the players and the club was dying on its feet. I kept thinking back to those feelings of hopelessness last night and marvelling at how far we have come thanks to our Calgary friends and a lot of hard work by many people. The team this year are a special team and I cannot remember a team I have enjoyed watching more (at least away from the IAW) in all my years watching the Devils..... they deserve this.

Always difficult to pick out players but in the spirit of reflecting on how far we have come, I looked back at our 2013-14 roster which was the low point for me and for Josh Batch, Luke Piggott, Jake Morrisette, Matthew Myers, Andrew Lord, Neil Francis and Mark Richardson this must be extra special. They saw where we were and how far we have come and they stuck by the club in its darkest hour.

Yesterday was special, indeed the whole season has been special so..... is it greedy to want to wi the playoffs as well?
Yes it is greedy,
but who cares. Lets just hope

I don't know where to begin, it's all been said but I was fortunate to sit next to Sean Bentivoglio's dad on bus 2 yesterday. He said he has never seen anything like it! The passion and drive the Red Army has just doesn't exist in Canada!

Absolutely lost for words and we're going to do it all again tonight!!!!!

We're 3 points clear in the conference standings so 1 win against Belfast will do it. It's nice that we've got that to concentrate on and will help the guys keep focus going into the playoffs

Wagstaff

A hearty congratulations Devils, It looks like we could be facing you in the Playoff QFs so it will be an honour to be a stepping stone on your route to a real 4 trophy Grandslam!
Your success demonstrates what is possible in our league, from a torn club to the leagues elite in such a short period.
Well done to you the fans, Andrew Lord and the team and Steve King and his group!

kingmo19.1

A hearty congratulations Devils, It looks like we could be facing you in the Playoff QFs so it will be an honour to be a stepping stone on your route to a real 4 trophy Grandslam!
Your success demonstrates what is possible in our league, from a torn club to the leagues elite in such a short period.
Well done to you the fans, Andrew Lord and the team and Steve King and his group!
Classy post - thank you.