Walton

wildthing74

Spot on! Jeez he's got a wife and family to support and if guys get cut because they get injured our name would be crap in the hockey world.Everybody knows somebody in our sport and the greatest way to attract and keep good players is treating them right.

Fine keep Walton no problem!!
But majority of the fans are calling for changes in the squad.
So now is the chance of bringing in a fresh player, maybe rotate it and drop players.

Otherwise stop moaning and get on with the players we got...
You can never please some Devils fans I tell you..

Have Hope#35

Rabbitohs4 said:
So now is the chance of bringing in a fresh player, maybe rotate it and drop players.

Every player is entitled to contracted sick/injury pay but even if we could find a way to cut him I wouldn't want us to... We're not that kind of organisation!

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:
Why honour a contract just because he is a nice guy.
Release him and get a new player. "Simple"

Business is business
We have been down this road before with cut throat owners mate, so please don't go there. We finally have a club that looks after its players, and we then get the best out of them. We get the players that we do due to the fact players know they will be looked after. Start acting amateurish and you will get amateur players. Try getting players like Bissonnette if he thinks if he is going to get injured we will drop him like a stone. We have had the Cretins running the club in the past, and believe me we don't want to go back to those dark days.

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:

You know the majority of the fans already do you, come on mate think before you remark. We are top of the of the league, let's just get behind the lads and leave professional decisions to the PROFESSIONALS.

august04

Rabbitohs4 said:

Business is business
This is a lesson in how not to run a hockey club.....you couldn't make it up!!

We looked after Culligan in the off season when we didn't have to, I have no doubt Walton will be treated right also. Marsh is the key to whether we get anyone else in this season, depending on how his recovery goes.

James

Administrator
Rabbitohs4 said:

As he's not going to be playing either way, keeping Walton onboard isn't going to prevent us bringing in a new player unless the finances are too tight too do so. Someone who spoke to Mr King on the weekend might be able to clarify but didn't he say that someone new could be an option if the right person was available ?

Milky

Rabbitohs4 said:
Good on Walton if he wants to help Devils in whatever way he can!!
But release him from the roster and get a new player to strengthen the squad is a no brainier.
Got to have cover so why not :)
Would have to disagree with you there sorry and agree with some of the other comments.

The bigger picture is we don't (and probably never will) have the biggest wage structure. As such we have to offer a much better total package to players if we want to attract and keep the best we can.

Leaving them high and dry if they get injured when they are only on one year contracts doesn't put us in a great light and build team spirit.

As an aside I don't know what the deal is with insurance and how that works at this level of hockey.

Also, can anyone confirm if the import limit is for the actual match day squad or for the club as a whole? If it's just the match day squad, surely it becomes a financial decision if we want to bring a new player on board.

Gazza272

James said:
As he's not going to be playing either way, keeping Walton onboard isn't going to prevent us bringing in a new player unless the finances are too tight too do so. Someone who spoke to Mr King on the weekend might be able to clarify but didn't he say that someone new could be an option if the right person was available ?

Brian Parker spoke to us on Ice time TV on the weekend and basically said the Owners make reccommendations to Lord throughout the year on potential players and Lord has rejected them all because he didnt think they would be a good fit for the room or he couldn't fit them into our rotation.

So basically Walton being out doesnt make much difference, if Lord wanted/needed someone to come in, he would be backed to do so.

Wannabe2

Milky said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
But release him from the roster and get a new player to strengthen the squad is a no brainier.
Would have to disagree with you there sorry and agree with some of the other comments.

The bigger picture is we don't (and probably never will) have the biggest wage structure. As such we have to offer a much better total package to players if we want to attract and keep the best we can.

Leaving them high and dry if they get injured when they are only on one year contracts doesn't put us in a great light and build team spirit.

As an aside I don't know what the deal is with insurance and how that works at this level of hockey.

Also, can anyone confirm if the import limit is for the actual match day squad or for the club as a whole? If it's just the match day squad, surely it becomes a financial decision if we want to bring a new player on board.
Match day squad mate.

Sheincar

James said:
Rabbitohs4 said:

Wasn't it Brian Parker on IceTime TV?

voth26

Rabbitohs4 said:

Business is business
Really classy post not, your priceless have a word with your self, there are such things as empathy. Wally has had his season and possibly his career cut short playing for the Devils they as always will look after him like they did with Culli.

Milky

Wannabe2 said:
Milky said:
Rabbitohs4 said:

Match day squad mate.
Cheers mate

Devil_Abroad

So glad we have owners who look after players. That's all important in attracting calibre players where the whole package is more important than cash they can earn.

Hope he does stay and help especially as they need to attract another 900 fans to sell out the IAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveKing

Terribly gutted not just for our team but for Wally especially. Not many teams could withstand losing the league's fourth highest scorer from last year and still be at the top so hats off to Lordo and the boys.

As for Brent, without a doubt one of my favourite people on the team. A genuinely nice, family man with a wicked sense of humour and a guy that isn't afraid to laugh at himself. Those people are far too rare these days. Wally will continue to be a big part of the Devils success this season. He'll be helping Lordo with the power play and is a key guy in the locker room.

Lets hope we all see Wally lifting some hardware later this season!

Steve

Keep Walton I don't mind.
My point is people are moaning that players are not performing and we need to rotate etc.
so I thought this might be a chance to do so.