Voth Ban - Any News?

Finny

There doesn't seem to be anything official announced yet which is a bit strange/worrying.

Perhaps Bob wasn't happy and had a strop.......

Finny

I wasn't aware Kozac's has been announced - other than unofficially via the Hull newspaper - similar to what the SW Echo has printed a couple of times.

Finny said:
I wasn't aware Kozac's has been announced - other than unofficially via the Hull newspaper - similar to what the SW Echo has printed a couple of times.
oh right i thought it had been officially announced, opps my mistake :oops:

There hasn't been any news from the Elite League on any of the bans, but the Hull newspaper says Kozak will definitely play this weekend after an Elite League meeting announced his ban had been cut.

The difference is that the SWE has never said Voth will definitely play, so I would assume the Hull article is legit and they have just jumped the gun up there.

If Voth's ban isn't reduced after Kozak's being reduced I would be amazed.

Also, Terry Phillips' article yesterday seemed to give the impression that if Voth's ban isn't reduced as a last resort legal action would free him up to play anyway.

Soundwave said:
There hasn't been any news from the Elite League on any of the bans, but the Hull newspaper says Kozak will definitely play this weekend after an Elite League meeting announced his ban had been cut.

The difference is that the SWE has never said Voth will definitely play, so I would assume the Hull article is legit and they have just jumped the gun up there.

If Voth's ban isn't reduced after Kozak's being reduced I would be amazed.

Also, Terry Phillips' article yesterday seemed to give the impression that if Voth's ban isn't reduced as a last resort legal action would free him up to play anyway.
isnt that because the league sent Adams an Email saying Voth will sit a 6 game ban but then changed it to 12?

i still have not seen the kozak incident only on the rubbish footage on youtube so i dont know how bad it was really,

Chris

Administrator
In reply to James post, was just about to post the same link.

Sounds like somethings going to happen, but who is this new, 'independant panel' - it was supposed to be independant last night, but was it f**k.

Chris.

Yes the Echo has confirmed a few times (including the article above) that the Devils recieved a letter the day before saying the ban was to be halved.

I haven't seen Kozak skating through the blood, but I saw the incident on Sky. He definitely punched the back of Levers head when he was turtled. Once, possible twice I can't remember) It's the kind of thing that is being punished more harshly since ZT, but it's the kind of thing that happened quite often and recieved far less than the original 10 games. (Still worse than the Voth incident IMO, bearing in mind Voth's attempted check/charge could not be punished)

Here's a nice clip of the great Andrew Sharp doing the same sort of thing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1SfqTH ... re=related

And McCarty on Lemieux - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08q4o4MWXM

I would think that as Terry suggests slightly more subtly, the league are pooping themselves at the legal action and organising this second appeal resulting in a reduced ban is a way to save face.

Russky

Chris Stone said:
who is this new, 'independant panel' - it was supposed to be independant last night, but was it f**k.

Chris.
my sentiments exactly!! From what I gather, Vother's appeal was today in Edinburgh so I wouldnt expect a decision before late afternoon at the earliest.

Yesterdays meeting was to discuss and draw up the new disciplinary policy that is to be ratified by Sheffield Steelers HC who allegedly have the final say on any policy changes that the Elite league want to propose. :roll:

Foxy

So how come Kozaks has had his halved automatically yet Voth has to go to a further appeal?

Surely that isn't being consistant either. :?

I feel the second appeal is simply for the league to save face (what little they might have left!!) and won't be at all suprised if its been halved which means Vother has now completed ban. As has been said with the threat of legal action and the fact that there is an email in which the 6 game ban had already been agreed to the league can't really do anything other than say that as an outcome of the second appeal (even though they should never have let it gone this far!) the ban has been halved, but then we all know how they like to suprise us!! :?