Växjö Lakers Vs Devils - Tue 9 Oct - CHL

Kevlar68

Interesting to note the lack of posters commenting on our latest venture into Europe, especially after such a good showing from our team. No doubt if we run short of tomato sauce or mustard for burgers at the rink we will get 4 pages of comments !
Maybe not so much reaction as it was a nothing game really as we were already out of CHL.

Ger-Devils

Literally just got back and now at the SSE but rather I wasn’t.... the first 6-8 minutes they just outskated us and it looked like it was going to be a long night.

We got that one chance and got us on our way. Nice play from Haddad to send Hedden on his way with a nice finish.

Frustrating to give up a short handed goal but the speed they have is scary! Last few years there’s 5 draft picks in their roster. Bokk St Louis been loaned back and Persson Oiler’s also loaned back this year.

So knew we’d be up against it. Some calls either way missed/called seemed harsh but Euro refs for you.

That 2 on 1 break was a hell of a save to deny us the second.

Despite the flurry of pens last few mins, we played well just little puck luck.

drainage

Interesting to note the lack of posters commenting on our latest venture into Europe, especially after such a good showing from our team. No doubt if we run short of tomato sauce or mustard for burgers at the rink we will get 4 pages of comments !
With 1 game to go I have watched 100% of our CHL games so far it’s been a blast ......yes we may not have got the W but by hell have we stood toe to toe with teams with far more depth and resources than us. I have loved my CHL experience , a lot of planning , saving and travelling has gone into last 2 years but wouldn’t have missed a second of it

Ger-Devils

With 1 game to go I have watched 100% of our CHL games so far it’s been a blast ......yes we may not have got the W but by hell have we stood toe to toe with teams with far more depth and resources than us. I have loved my CHL experience , a lot of planning , saving and travelling has gone into last 2 years but wouldn’t have missed a second of it
Hopefully we get to go again next year.

Pope#42

Great performance from the boys last night. After travelling to Växjö last year for the game I watched this one in the comfort of my own home - but we gave such a performance that I found myself wanting to be back there!

Even though we haven’t had the deserved win yet, our performance this year has been so much better than last year. Fingers crossed we get to do it all over again next year!

Devils86

Think the lack of posting is that the game was not that controversial/posters above have covered everything and aren’t throwing out controversial points.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #31
The Chl was clearly above our standard and capability which I identified long before the event. Reality is a Bitch !!
It really is a big step up. Despite that and not getting a W, we've lost every game by only the odd goal or so. I've been very impressed with our performances. With the Växjö players falling over if you so much as looked at them we did quite well with the penalty count :D

Gough60

We may not have a W in this CHL campaign (yet) but the way we have competed against the three other teams has been a delight to watch. All 3 trams we have played, I feel have had different game plans against us and no way have taken us lightly. That was clear to see on Tuesday. Well done boys Finish with a deserved win next Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the two losses against Salzburg really put us behind the 8ball as these games (on paper) were our best chances of getting a W.
However, we had our two worst first periods in those 2 games and pretty much gifted them the W’s. That said, we regrouped and dug deep and we’re all over them in both games and pulled the deficits back but couldn’t quite get it done. It could’ve easily been so different.
The Bern and Vaxjo games were always gonna be huge asks to get anything out of as we aren’t the unknown quantity any longer so taking Bern to OT and pushing them all the way in the return match was a fantastic achievement.
Having being in Vaxjo for the game I can say that their speed was just another level, everyone one of them could skate like Fournier and for me that was the deciding factor.
We may have started slowly but make no mistake they were up for this game from the drop of the puck and we did well to hang in there and weather the storm.
Vaxjo weren’t coasting like they may have been last year and the Devils made them work for 60 minutes.
The Devils left everything on the ice at the end and on another night could’ve taken them to OT!
SHL teams could easily compete in the KHL, they just choose not to because the standard of their own league is so high!
Well done Devils, you may not have got the W like last year but you have improved on last year in your play and competitiveness and can be proud of your achievements!