Upcoming season thoughts

kingmo19.1

I can’t see a full season happening - I don’t think we are any closer to one happening than we were 3 months ago. The only thing that will give the green light is a vaccine and the latest I’ve read on that is possibly but unlikely end of this year - then the thing has to be administered which is a logistical nightmare, then how do you prove who has actually been vaccinated? At that point, I think the league can consider planning a resumption but that might be Feb 2021 being 6 months away!

moggy#9

Never mind players for now what about somewhere to play
On the day Greater Manchester (Storm) start coming out of local lock down Glasgow (inc Braehead) go into local lock down
Planning for the immediate future in these circumstances must be a nightmare
Yeah, and given what happened with the TUI flight last, are we soon going to face a problem here?

kingmo19.1

Anyone given much thought to how you’ll fill your Saturday/Sunday night ice hockey slot throughout the autumn/winter/spring if there is no ice hockey? I’ve been scratching my head, but I’m veering towards using that time to work on my fitness - hopefully gyms will still be open!

moggy#9

Has anyone been passing the summer playing nhl20? Personally I just play against the Xbox or my daughter. Is the online play any good?

Hedd Wyn John

Are they real asking for 10000.... harlequins v bath been allowed 2700 only and thats a bigger stadium...
I think they're capacity is around 33,000. So 1 fan in every 3 seats shouldnt be too bad if everyone wears masks. The main issue would be queuing, 10k fans might be too much so keep queues reasonable.

kingmo19.1

I think 20% of maximum capacity in an outdoor stadium is a bit more realistic for safe distancing. So for Cardiff that’s 6,600.

On a more somber note, almost 2,000 positive cases in the U.K. today! We’re going backwards not forwards!

NathanG

Has anyone been passing the summer playing nhl20? Personally I just play against the Xbox or my daughter. Is the online play any good?
Yeah I have, that, Fifa and GTA5. The PS4 and my bike have been the best things I've bought this year. Ive worked through it but I've had some time off.

I haven't played online though. I just play random games for an hour or so if I've got nothing else on.

nicky27

Thread starter #158
Latest from Twitter. Please not that it is a rumour!!!

RUMOUR: The Nottingham Panthers and Glasgow Clan will not play in the 20/21 season regardless of a December start date. More to follow soon.

Wannabe2

With a huge league meeting coming up soon, that’s complete non sense, we may very well not have a season but it won’t be decided till then. It’s a rumour alright.