Ulmer banned

Temme

There is a difference though from a player being hurt and a player being unconcious though. Sort your player out first, which he did and then make a decision to take action by that time Ulmer was already in there........ what i do object too is people sitting behind their keyboards again dishing out abuse. Absolutely idiotic and cowardly...........
Agree with the second part,
disagree with the first part - and that's not aimed anyone in particular that was on the ice.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if we played Nottingham again, i'd love that to be at POFW but we all know Panthers recent record there...

Diablo3

Sorry guys, but Pope isn't the only person on the team, neither is anyone sure what would have happened once play resumed, by which time Ulmer had stepped up (I'm guessing that was after he looked at Mosey's face when helping him off the ice). Don't believe everything you read on twitter about how much effort he puts in either. 12 goals and 20 assists puts him further up the points table than you might think.

CaldicotDevil

I'm glad you've posted about the line change, as i haven't checked the footage to that extent but did notice it was a broken line change, with Fourns, Mosey, Mo, Pope, Martin on the ice immediately after.

Since 2010 -

Fournier - 4 fights (+ once he was jumped and turtled)
Martin - 5 fights
Pope - 3 fights
Mo - 0 fights

Just because Matt Pope is taller and bigger, he is by no means an "Andrew Lord" style player.
See Paris, Drew if any further clarification is needed.

Regardless of what i've written above though, ALL of those guys should have been going in. Pope is having a tough time on the ice at the minute which is no secret, but calling him out specifically here is not right.
I think it's a vicious circle with Pope at the minute. I think the unfair social media criticism / abuse has really got to him and he doesn't want to be here anymore this means his body language is terrible. Because his body language is terrible the fans aren't happy and they criticise him more.

OJLloyd

Initially I was a bit annoyed at it being Ulmer who went in to sort it.

However I’ve watched the whole thing back, and a lot of the guys saw Mosey first clearly out, and then unsteady on his feet and went to help, being beaten to the punch by some Panthers (they aren’t evil, after all).

I do think that (like Reddick) some people need to have a bogey man on the team to moan about, and so any sin that can be put against him will be. Pope isn’t any more responsible for Ulmer fighting than anyone else in that team.

As for Panthers’ response, it’s disappointing. I don’t play hockey, but I have played rugby all my life, another sport where you look after your mates. High tackles do happen, and they can cause injuries, but when it happens you don’t pretend the game has gone soft and hope you don’t receive any punishment for it. You take it on the chin, and try to make sure you’re next tackle is legal.

If I saw my mate knocked out, my first concern would be him, after which your thoughts would turn to the player responsible.

Temme

I think it's a vicious circle with Pope at the minute. I think the unfair social media criticism / abuse has really got to him and he doesn't want to be here anymore this means his body language is terrible. Because his body language is terrible the fans aren't happy and they criticise him more.
I really don't understand why culture in our fanbase is to have one scapegoat.

Only we could be on a 10 game(?) win streak, and be 11 points(?) clear at the top of the league ... fall 1 goal behind in a game and start blasting a player for under performing the whole time.

I feel for the guy i really do, he obviously checks twitter as he has responded to trolls previously, but i hope her remembers his time here for the good things rather than the partially toxic fan base.

Gisland

I really don't understand why culture in our fanbase is to have one scapegoat.

Only we could be on a 10 game(?) win streak, and be 11 points(?) clear at the top of the league ... fall 1 goal behind in a game and start blasting a player for under performing the whole time.

I feel for the guy i really do, he obviously checks twitter as he has responded to trolls previously, but i hope her remembers his time here for the good things rather than the partially toxic fan base.

Now down to a 5 point lead, same number of games played as the Giants with a double header still to play. When I first seen the hit on the steam thought, bloody hell he will feel that. Was Mosey knocked unconscious for a period of time? Will he subject to the leagues mandatory period of non play for concussion??

august04

I don’t know if there is a concussion protocol within the EIHL but for his own well being, I hope Mosey doesn’t take to the ice for at least 2-3 weeks. And even then, only if he has no symptoms.

BostonBart22

I don’t know if there is a concussion protocol within the EIHL but for his own well being, I hope Mosey doesn’t take to the ice for at least 2-3 weeks. And even then, only if he has no symptoms.
Yes that's the norm as in most sports.... Until recently leigh halfpenny out since November with a bad concussion...

jimmy snels

Post ban, first home game back Ulmer should get a huge reception. Apart from stepping up he’s also been playing out of his skin lately. 38 or 28!

During the announcements, I would imagine a few teammates will be twitching slightly awkwardly and looking directly at their skates!
totally agree. he'll get a standing ovation from me.

I get the emotion when something like this happens and I together with everyone else hope that Evan is ok and back with the team soon but what I don't get is the abuse Pope has been subjected to on here and social media. He was not the only player on the ice so why aren't the others being called out? Online bullying is NEVER ok yes Pope hasn't been up to his usual standard recently and I get that SOME people are frustrated BUT do they really think that this abuse is going to somehow make him play better! All it will do is erode his confidence and make things much worse when what we really need is for him to build his confidence for what is sure to be an arduous stretch towards our goal of a 3peat and po win.

Please people stop the abuse BE KIND and think before you press the submit button