Twitter

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
I see that someone has decided to copy and paste a comment they don't agree with on here onto Twitter, with predictable results. To me this smacks of cyber bullying. It's fine for people to disagree with comments (that's what a forum is about), but when certain groups of fans denigrate another and start using terms like "plastic", I find it very disturbing. I think that discussions on a private forum should stay that way. I hope the admins take a dim view of this.

JC23

I see that someone has decided to copy and paste a comment they don't agree with on here onto Twitter, with predictable results. To me this smacks of cyber bullying. It's fine for people to disagree with comments (that's what a forum is about), but when certain groups of fans denigrate another and start using terms like "plastic", I find it very disturbing. I think that discussions on a private forum should stay that way. I hope the admins take a dim view of this.
It’s a public forum, not a private one. Easily accessible for anyone to see, whether they have an account or not.

This isn’t the first time ridiculous comments from here have been shared all over social media. NJ Devils anyone?

Rule of thumb, if you don’t want people to react to it, don’t say it.

moggy#9

Thread starter #3
It’s a public forum, not a private one. Easily accessible for anyone to see, whether they have an account or not.

This isn’t the first time ridiculous comments from here have been shared all over social media. NJ Devils anyone?

Rule of thumb, if you don’t want people to react to it, don’t say it.
Then is no one ever to have a dissenting opinion? If a comment is silly (like the NJ one) then it speaks for itself. When it descends into name calling or insults that IMO crosses a line.

JC23

Then is no one ever to have a dissenting opinion? If a comment is silly (like the NJ one) then it speaks for itself. When it descends into name calling or insults that IMO crosses a line.
It’s not just dissenting opinion though is it?Are we talking about the same screenshot here? The one where @Devilsatw claims to not be coming back to any Devils games at all this season because of how we’re playing?
Because let’s be fair here, that is ridiculous. Anyone who’s been a fan throughout the stuff we’ve been through as Devils fans, being hours away from folding entirely, would agree with the comments made by the person who posted it on twitter.

We’re 6/9 in the league this year, If you’re not coming back because of that form, then yes, you are being ridiculous. Plain and simple.

Devilsatw

It’s not just dissenting opinion though is it?Are we talking about the same screenshot here? The one where @Devilsatw claims to not be coming back to any Devils games at all this season because of how we’re playing?
Because let’s be fair here, that is ridiculous. Anyone who’s been a fan throughout the stuff we’ve been through as Devils fans, being hours away from folding entirely, would agree with the comments made by the person who posted it on twitter.

We’re 6/9 in the league this year, If you’re not coming back because of that form, then yes, you are being ridiculous. Plain and simple.
I am not posting on here any more! My opinion apparently mean nothing and I know nothing so what’s the point?

I will attend future devils games yes but I am not watching us play the way we are playing right now because it’s boring and as I have said before my daughter got my fight in her than some of the players!

Batch is apparently known for a no nonsense Brit yet throws no hits and hardly fights.

The d are playing terrible.

linglet might as well still be on holiday as he has 0 goals in 7/9 games yet he’s our best player isn’t he? He’s the player to go to on the pp?

It’s shambolic imo so I’m staying off here. Thanks

moggy#9

Thread starter #7

That's fine, and I happen to agree that is an extreme reaction. The point is though that anyone should be free to have such an opinion. If it is ridiculous it will stand on its own as such without descending into bullying or insults.

terry hunt

I am not posting on here any more! My opinion apparently mean nothing and I know nothing so what’s the point?

I will attend future devils games yes but I am not watching us play the way we are playing right now because it’s boring and as I have said before my daughter got my fight in her than some of the players!

Batch is apparently known for a no nonsense Brit yet throws no hits and hardly fights.

linglet might as well still be on holiday as he has 0 goals in 7/9 games yet he’s our best player isn’t he? He’s the player to go to on the pp?

Best wishes mate .I hope you will return when you are feeling better.On the positive side your blood pressure should reduce.

JC23

You keep repeating that you’re not going to post, yet you carry on.

Which is it? Personally, I don’t care if you stay or go, we all support in our own ways, but we all have to be open to being criticised too. Not throw our toys out of the pram when it happens.

Chris

Administrator
Speaking only for myself here, I've sort of given up caring what happens now.

Our own fans started the process of screenshotting comments on here and using them on Twitter for likes and whatever else, now other fans are doing it and rightfully, or in some cases wrongfully, mocking us for it.

Twitter is equally as bad as the forum at times, if not more of the time, but it's easier to call people out anonymously than to tag them in anything on Twitter isn't it. There are some quite well known members of our own fanbase who publicly claim to never look at the forum anymore, but the details from their accounts show a completely different story. But again, it's easier to claim the 'likes' and whatnot.

Twitter is as bad, if not worse than the forum, and I say that despite us having the Twitter account for the forum. People tagging players in abuse and whatnot, at least we have an element of moderation here, even if myself and James are not as public as we once were.

The forum will remain open and free for anyone to use, we're not going to be able to stop people commenting on Twitter and I certainly have no aim to do that. The forum has been useful at various times over the past 11 years now, and no doubt when something major does happen the same people lambasting us on Twitter will probably be back on here asking for support, as they have done before.

Perhaps the better thing is as someone else has said above is for posters to just have a think about their posts before hitting the 'post' button on some of the more outlandish claims.

Kevlar68

I do like this forum. Not on twitter or facebook thank god, neither would add anything to my life.

Its just opinions at the end of the day of people we dont know or care about, its not life or death.

Some do need to get a grip and look at where social media lies in their list of lifes priorities. For me it would be the last thing i'm worried about.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Some do need to get a grip and look at where social media lies in their list of lifes priorities. For me it would be the last thing i'm worried about.
I’d say the same for being a Devils fan. Get some perspective, lower expectations. This isn’t the NHL, owners wont be putting their children’s inheritance into the club, costs are high, margins are tight and staff are not top notch. Recruitment issues, coaching, back room staff, Mega Monday’, shirt issues, shop issues, card issues, WiFi issues etc etc are all down to this and are unlikely to disappear.

lt is what it is.

E.D.S.

can’t argue with some of Devilsatw assessment of certain players. Shame he/she won’t be back for a while but fully entitled to act as they wish.
Fingers crossed you’re back to watch a better style of hockey that brings some
Success.

Finny

With regards the original post, if it was in reference to this guy then it seems having been banned last week by twitter they’re back doing it again tonight
Is it me or is screenshotting posts from this forum to post on twitter a weird and creepy thing to do? 743AEE56-A77C-4F85-A831-A7058FBCBE63.jpeg

Devilsatw

can’t argue with some of Devilsatw assessment of certain players. Shame he/she won’t be back for a while but fully entitled to act as they wish.
Fingers crossed you’re back to watch a better style of hockey that brings some
Success.
I’m still here but hockey hasn’t changed!
One half decent game against steelers then back to back defeats v flames and clan!

I honestly think a few players must go for us to Improve.

Our defence think they are forwards so many times last night mcmonagle and reddick were out of position but hey.

What can we do?
Trustinlord is the hashtag isn’t it?

E.D.S.

This is when Lord has to earn his money. I wasn’t blown away with his assessment of the team in his interview but then again I shouldn’t expect him to call players out publicly - he’s got too much class for that - but regardless I didn’t agree with where he thought we were as a team.
Too many under performing players.
Linglet seems to be taking the brunt of it which may be justified. He’s one of those players that when we’re on top looks effortless, has all the time in the world and a cut above unfortunately when we’re up against it the opposite of that comes to light - he might look uninterested or complacent. Compare him to Dixon... looks 100 mph every shift but I have no idea if he’s doing what Lord wants but he looks more engaged. What I’m saying is that only Lord knows who’s doing what is required. Us, arm chair supporters and coaches can easily point the finger but I have no idea who isn’t doing what Lord requires.
Giving the puck away and needless penalties is all I can point to and I see far to much of that. Basics seems to be lacking for me. Bownsy shouldn’t be as busy as he is.