TV Coverage!!!

Finny

Thread starter #1
Just watched the lunchtime news on HTV Wales. In the sport they showed brief highlights of the rugby, spoke briefly of the football results and then....

ICE HOCKEY!!!!!!!

A quick piece about Brad Voth being able to play due to his appeal, showed the Hartwick goal, a quick description about the game and it our first win of the season and that we play Coventry tonight.

Let's hope this is only the start of more coverage for us. Looks like the new management are definately getting us more exposure, as I heard an advert for us yesterday lunchtime on Red Dragon for that nights game.

:D

I was great wasn't it.

This sort of coverage is so important. It's amazing the number of people I talk to who don't realise the Devils are still going!

Does anyone know yet whether or not Sky will be televising any games this season from The Tent? If so, and assuming Block 3 is again going to be sectioned off, what arrangements will be made to make sure Block 3 season ticket holders get enough notice to bag decent seats elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure I remember Brent Pope saying that it's not going to be block 3 used for the camera's it would be the block opposite, 13. But I'm not sure if that still stands!

I noticed that the BBC sports show has both weekend games scrolling along amongst the fixtures. I was so shocked I had to wait until they reappeared to confirm what I had seen! :eek:

Merthyr Devil said:
I'm pretty sure I remember Brent Pope saying that it's not going to be block 3 used for the camera's it would be the block opposite, 13. But I'm not sure if that still stands!
That figures then why all the advertising is up at block 3 side of the rink and not much over the other side.

Good that the club is getting coverage on the news, hopefully if the coverage continues it could lead to a tv highlights programme like the old days :)

Hockey is on the way up in cardiff

:)