Top Ten Devils Players in the EIHL'S History

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Thoughts....

For me...

10. Jason stone. Never noticed, perfect,

9. Ed Patterson. For me a quality player and an outstanding coach at the time.

8. Phil Hill. Been loyal apart from his little blip and been getting better each and every year.

7. Kirk Dewaele. Solid, solid Dman and delivered the best check I have ever seen on David Kowalskawhateverhisnameis.

6. Phil Osear. Solid goal tender who deserved to win something major with us.

5. Gerad Adams. Sets the precedent both as a player and a coach.

4. Dave Matsos. For me oozed skill and leadership qualities.

3. Russ Romianek. First year watching the Devils and I thought this guy was quality.

2. Mark Richardson. Adapted his game over the years and now a brit any team in the EIHL would want.

1. Brad Voth. Don't need to say anymore.

Not starting another thread about the big man and genuinely interested in honest answers. Not including weller or davison.

Cheers.
Gaz

Jones72

Was Russ Romaniuk with us in the EIHL??? I thought he left after the BNL season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koop11

In no particular order:

Jon Cullen
Jeff Ulmer
Mark Smith
Phil Osear
Tyson Teplitsky
Craig Weller
Scott Matzka
Jon Pelle
Tylor Michelle
Brad Voth

Gazza272

10. John Craighead - Might have been higher had he had more time with us. People said he was lazy, the guy won games for us in the 1st period of games, and that was after recovering from a huge bout of Mumps. The guy had it all, a true all rounder.

9. Birbrear - Oozez skill but had one off season where he just couldnt get going that slips him down the list for me.

8. Phil Osaer. Best netminder we have had in the EIHL era for me.

7. Kirk Deweale. Solid, dependable and gave his all. Had a rocket of a shot as well.

6. Dave Matsos. Solid two way winger with some massive wheels.

5. Mark Richardson. Either as a Defender or a centre the guy has shown phenominal dependability. His man marking Job on Tony Hand in one game at the tent left a mark on me to say this guy is a true player.

4. Mark Smith- Sadly didnt live up to his high standards of year 1. but in that first year the guy could score from impossible angles and just had a bit of everything. If we had kept hold of him for that second season i think we would have won the league.

3. Vezio Sacratini. Doesnt need much of an explanation

2. Brad Voth. he could score, he could fight he could cause Simmsey to have a meltdown. Perfect

1. Tyson Teplitsky. I dont think I ever saw him have a bad game. That alone is enough for me to put him as number 1.

DevilDom

Over my past 5 years of watching it would have to include -
Tyson Teplitsky - great offence D man and such a smooth skater
Tylor Michel - sparkplug, gritty and always gave 100%
Brad Voth - Carried the team in my 1st 3 years of watching and then adapted his game so well in the final 2 years a real legend.
Phil Osaer - nest netminder i've seen in the EIHL
Scott Matzka - Best 2 way forward in the league last year and still racking up the points this year despite playing on so many different lines.
Max - Genius one minute, frustrating the next but has the ability to change a game with a moment of skill or a big check.
Craig Weller - oozed class and scored lots of big goals from D.

Would possibly include Pelle too.

Skippy

For me and if I had to rank I guess..

10. Peter Aubrey
9. Mark Smith ( First time not so much the second time)
8. Gerard Adams
7.Jon Pelle
6. Scott Matzka
5. Max Birbraer
4.Phil Osear
3.Tylor Michelle
2.Tyson Teplitsky
1.Craig Weller

wildthing74

1 Weller
2 Michel
3 Teplitsky
4 Jarvis.Quiet 1st season but was like a quarterback 2nd,everything went through him.
5 Pelle
6 Cullen
7 Ulmer
8 M smith
9 Maxi
10 Osear

Foxy

1. Craig Weller
2. Phil Osar
3. Tyson Typlisky
4. Jon Cullen
5. Scot Matska
6. Kirk Dewalle
7. Mark Richardson
8. Ed Patterson
9. Max Birbraer
10.Tyler Michel

Not sure if Ulmer or Brigley were EIHL but would be up there even though neither completed a season with us

Special mention to Stranger (sp) just for that challenge cup penalty lol

Koop11

Foxy said:
1. Craig Weller
2. Phil Osar
3. Tyson Typlisky
4. Jon Cullen
5. Scot Matska
6. Kirk Dewalle
7. Mark Richardson
8. Ed Patterson
9. Max Birbraer
10.Tyler Michel

Not sure if Ulmer or Brigley were EIHL but would be up there even though neither completed a season with us

Special mention to Stranger (sp) just for that challenge cup penalty lol
Ulmer was Elite League. Brigley was Superleague

Chris

Administrator
In no real order...

Craig Weller
Tyson Teplitsky
Mark Smith (First time around)
Max Birbraer
Scott Matzka
Phil Osaer
Mark Richardson
Tylor Michel
Brad Voth
Jon Pelle

1. ( Best of all ) Weller.....and I saw him play his first game for the Devils at the NIC...and thought he played poorly !
2. Mark Smith
3. Tyson Teplitsky
4. Tyler Michel
5. Max Birbraer
6. Brad Voth
7. Mark Richardson
8. Scott Matzka
9.Kenton Smith
10. Jon Pelle

Gazza272

Just a note I didnt put Weller in there as i thought the opening poster said anyone other than him and Davison? If not then Weller would be my number 1!

I might also be tempted to put Tylor in there, is there another player in our team over the EIHL era who scored more big goals then Sir tylor?

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
I might also be tempted to put Tylor in there, is there another player in our team over the EIHL era who scored more big goals then Sir tylor?
Phil Hill.

Tylor was fantastic for us but in terms of big goals in big games against big opposition Hilly's record is better than anyone's (although in a one season snapshot it would be Pelle).