TODD KELMAN ON THE MIC !

d20

Thread starter #1
Thought he was very good on the mic ,got the crowd going ,for the first time in a long time I heard everything clear thoughout the game,announcements,penalties,goals, the sound was also so much better.Keep it up todd.

d20

Thread starter #4
He's better simple as that,when sullivan does it he always seems muffled I can never hear what he says ,Todd was very good hopefully he will stay doing it or maybe just showing people how he wants it done .

If thats the case and sullivan comes back thats a shame.

Temme

I'm going to be utterly slated for this (but when has that ever stopped me?)

I'd hope that Todd is more concerned about running his hockey club & leaves the announcing to Sullivan.

I'm sure he has plenty to be doing other than this :lol:

(DISCLAIMER: there was nothing wrong with Todd's announcing...)

Ocko

Whether he is better or not maybe Todd might be too busy being GM and running the club on match night to commit to being the announcer. It might not be as simple as you think.

He was top class. He showed he really 'knew the event' and what was needed. There were no embarrassing moments, like introducing the Devils' entry....30 seconds after they had entered! Or, playing 'We're gonna win' - holding just a two goal lead...with over a minute to play.
He knew his responsibilities - he helped promote excitement, set the right mood and made spectators feel at home. Even with just a microphone....TK had personality and 'added' something to the night. He wanted to make the audience feel pleased they'd come.....and he succeeded.
I hope he continues.

Temme

Ocko said:
Whether he is better or not maybe Todd might be too busy being GM and running the club on match night to commit to being the announcer. It might not be as simple as you think.

I'm glad that someone agrees with me for once!

TK is great on the mic, PS is also great on the mic, but one does have a hockey club to run :D

d20

Thread starter #10
Like I said maybe he wont stay but hopefully he will tell whoever does it that his is the way to do it ,it was so much better and more professional.

Mooney#16

The thing that impresses me with Todd is that for the MD his is poking his nose into everything. Every aspect of fan experience Todd is sampling for himself so he can build his own first hand impression to aid decision making. Not deferring to information and opinion of others.

This could descend into an anti Paul thread very quickly which would be dismissive of the point that from a customer perspective their is a lot of work to be done on the match night presentation. A small change got noticed by a lot of people. However I know Macky stepped in with the music leaving Todd to do the MC duties so two people did the job Paul usually does on his own. Is it a case it's to much for one guy to reach the desired standard. For Todd to explore clearly given the feedback.

Jones72

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Because Paul had a wedding to attend that was planned before he returned to announcer duties
Thanks for the quick and simple answer.

...and for the record...it wasn't a loaded question...I was just curious.

Finny

I too found it too loud and my ears were still hurting afterwards if I'm honest.

Also (because it's Inferno Rule #1 that every thread must contain negativity) did anyone else find the free giveaways off putting?
We've had pizza giveaways before and they seemed fine, but I found them a bit annoying on Saturday. Perhaps it was because they were all in the third period during a tense and crucial part of the game?

Maybe it would be worth spreading them out a bit in the future and perhaps not in the 3rd period?

Sheincar

Finny said:
I too found it too loud and my ears were still hurting afterwards if I'm honest.

Also (because it's Inferno Rule #1 that every thread must contain negativity) did anyone else find the free giveaways off putting?
We've had pizza giveaways before and they seemed fine, but I found them a bit annoying on Saturday. Perhaps it was because they were all in the third period during a tense and crucial part of the game?

Maybe it would be worth spreading them out a bit in the future and perhaps not in the 3rd period?
Plus people were being encouraged to come down & claim the Vue (?) tickets whilst play was ongoing!

Found it too loud as even I couldn't out-shout the noise whilst selling 50/50 ( proceeds to YOUR club!)

did he use the line "Guess what I smell?"

It seems like you are going the same way we did - sports entertainment - and you will have to live with it if it puts bums on seats and money in the bank.

Sheincar

cupcake said:
did he use the line "Guess what I smell?"

It seems like you are going the same way we did - sports entertainment - and you will have to live with it if it puts bums on seats and money in the bank.
TBH had no real problem with the concept, just needs a few tweaks.

took a while for it it to probably settle in with us but it's now second nature.

I can block it out now easily as I'm not overly bothered by that side of things - but it was a bit distracting at first.

That said some of the sponsors he gets on board and builds a relationship with will start to offer some excellent prizes....

we've had - £5,000 cash from Ladbrokes
a trip to NHL game all expenses - local taxi company
Free pizza for a year is a regular thing now with Frankie and Benny's

so some people will get lucky

Kipper

Todd will do what he thinks is right for the club. He was GM and still did the announcing at the Odyssey without a problem so it's just a question of what he decides is best.

mazza03

schulersagoodun said:
He was top class. He showed he really 'knew the event' and what was needed. There were no embarrassing moments, like introducing the Devils' entry....30 seconds after they had entered! Or, playing 'We're gonna win' - holding just a two goal lead...with over a minute to play.
He knew his responsibilities - he helped promote excitement, set the right mood and made spectators feel at home. Even with just a microphone....TK had personality and 'added' something to the night. He wanted to make the audience feel pleased they'd come.....and he succeeded.
I hope he continues.[/quote :
:D :D

mazza03

Mooney#16 said:
The thing that impresses me with Todd is that for the MD his is poking his nose into everything. Every aspect of fan experience Todd is sampling for himself so he can build his own first hand impression to aid decision making. Not deferring to information and opinion of others.

This could descend into an anti Paul thread very quickly which would be dismissive of the point that from a customer perspective their is a lot of work to be done on the match night presentation. A small change got noticed by a lot of people. However I know Macky stepped in with the music leaving Todd to do the MC duties so two people did the job Paul usually does on his own. Is it a case it's to much for one guy to reach the desired standard. For Todd to explore clearly given the feedback.
I don't think anyone is anti Paul I certainly not, but it was a very good experience.