To win the league

Thread starter #1
Quick math,

For the devil's to win the league they only need to win 50% of their remaining eight games, but three of these need to be against Sheffield, Nottingham and Coventry.

Cardiff would finish with 72

Sheffield if won all bar vs Cardiff 71
Coventry if won all bar vs Cardiff 71
Nottingham if won all bar vs Cardiff 72

Cardiff would win it on regulation wins.

Not too bad for a team with no goal scoring prowess, poor D and a sieve for a goalie......

Wannabe2

We need to win 5 out of our last 8 games we have 64 pts at the moment, 10 more points that’s 74pts
Steelers can only max out at 73 pts
Blaze can only max out at 73 pts
Giants can only max out at 72 pts
Panthers can max out at 74pts but could lose the league on reg wins.

Hedd Wyn John

We need to win 5 out of our last 8 games we have 64 pts at the moment, 10 more points that’s 74pts
Steelers can only max out at 73 pts
Blaze can only max out at 73 pts
Giants can only max out at 72 pts
Panthers can max out at 74pts but could lose the league on reg wins.
It's a tough run in for sure, every game from now on is a cup final game.

doron

looking at the league table, Coventry blaze are the dangerous ones. that is most likely to take it off us . wow it's close.
makes for a good ending to the season though.

jenks33

‘Why Coventry ???
I tend to agree with doron. If blaze win their game in hand on Sheffield they go level on points with them. Blaze have won 12 of their last 15 games. Only reason I think they won’t do it is they probably have to win all their games and they still have Devils, Flames, Panthers, Giants. Will be difficult to win all 4.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Sheffield drop off a bit now after winning the CC. Even though their run in isn’t incredibly tough.

jenks33

We could also do with that Giants v Panthers double header this weekend being a split weekend. If either team wins both games they’ll be in a decent position to challenge for the title. Belfast will have a double header v Fife at home after that so you’d have to fancy them to get 4 points that weekend. Panthers will have Manchester at home on the Tuesday and then us. And let’s be honest I never feel particularly confident when we travel to Nottingham

Kevin roog

After lords interview saying the final loss “stung”,it would be nice for the players to take some responsibility and give it 100% for just 8 games,we don’t want to be 4 nil down after 5 minutes in Dundee ,”we came out flat”

tim78

I wouldn't write of Dundee and Manchester whilst they need to secure their playoff spot.

We are the team that is in the best position you can ask for - 5 WINS+...lets start the drive for 5! (sooner the better as I wouldn't want to win it the weekend before then get straight in to the playoff qualifiers).

Earnie

As much as I would love to win the league in Sheffield I would much rather go there having already won it!! ( and there are no guarantees on that one)

Koop11

If we can win the league title, I would love us to have to win it at home. The last two have been won on the road. The reality is, the likely games that could happen would be v Manchester on the 22 March, the penultimate weekend of the league season, or Belfast on 28 March, the last weekend of the season.

As tense as it would be, I would love to have to win at home to Belfast to be crowned champions. Not only would that be great against one of rivals, but to then go to Sheffield last game of the season for a party would be special.

Whoever is crowned champions, I see it happening the last weekend of the season which is great for the league as a whole but horrible for fans in the title race.

Having said all that, we mustn’t get ahead of ourselves. Every game is a playoff game now. This weekend we take on Guilford, a boogie team for us with the style they play and then a long trip Dundee where we play a team with a lot of offence and who are fighting for a playoff spot. Many a title has been lost by us because of our record in Scotland. Plus, last year we only needed an OT loss in our last game against an 8th placed team and failed to secure that. Friday’s win against Sheffield was huge and put us in a great position but this title race is far from over.

august04

To go to Sheffield as the league champions would be awesome, singing we are number 1 would be a blast.
As much as that would be great, I honestly believe that by that time, with this damn virus taking hold in the U.K., there’ll be no mass gatherings allowed, certainly not to the level of the size of Sheffield Arena. The clubs must be wondering what the hell will happen in the next few weeks, like the rest of us.

If we are to win the title, I can see it either coming at Clan on the Wednesday (anyone going up to that????) Or at home to the Giants on the 21st. What a run in we have. It goes to show how close the top teams are this year.

BostonBart22

As much as that would be great, I honestly believe that by that time, with this damn virus taking hold in the U.K., there’ll be no mass gatherings allowed, certainly not to the level of the size of Sheffield Arena. The clubs must be wondering what the hell will happen in the next few weeks, like the rest of us.
Excatly, in the ice hockey world it would be a disaster if games were cancelled prior to end of season or even playoff weekend as players prob booked flights home after the playoffs,plus some imports visas may run out. if the lge extend the season to finish cancelled games, hope its all done and dusted b4 any sporting bans are put in place..