Time for the club to speak

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
Even before this latest disaster in losing Pelle the club has been too quiet for my liking in speaking through the press to at least try and appease fans concern.
I'm not saying the fans have a right to be addressed every time a rumour gets out but too much negativity has been building here and in the fan base and nothing has been said or forthcoming to try and put fans minds at rest.
I feel Paul Ragan should allow the fans a face to face forum and not just a ducking out Q & A session on Walesonline. He promised he would do the right thing and would not let us down.
Well its easy for posters to come and say trust in G etc and fair enough but is he being given the tools/funds to do his job?Its hard enough to attract players with our lack of facilities as it is but then throw in an alleged drop in budget what chance has he got.
Weller gone,Matzka gone,Tylor gone,Finnerty gone,Pelle gone and god knows who else will not re sign?
Well Mr Ragan,come and answer some questions.

Ger-Devils

He won't reply. He's more concerned with Sheffield and as he didn't get the rink, he could give a damn about us.

I would rather him sell up and get someone else in for us and not ruin this great club anymore than he is.

Just my view and if people don't agree with it then fair enough!

Lots of negative news/rumours latley....

Can't help but feel the club has to pull something big out of the bag to restore some positivity and get some more season ticket apps in. You can't lose franchise players like Pelle and Tylor without filling the void and expect fans to be happy...

If we start the season far inferior to the Steelers on the ice (which to be fair, we look like now, but it is early days), I'll be cancelling my direct debit. And I'm sure I won't be alone.

Am I the only person who is slightly worried with all this happening? Back office sounding rubbish, losing players, not signing anyone yet! Where is ky season ticket money goin?

Ingramator said:
Am I the only person who is slightly worried with all this happening? Back office sounding rubbish, losing players, not signing anyone yet! Where is ky season ticket money goin?
Finnertys pockets ;)

wildthing74

Thread starter #8
The club are treating the fans like mugs.Nothing positive coming out at all.Not as if we don't have the media resources available to connect with the fans.What about all the talk about how great it is having the Echo as headline sponsor.Well lets use it and talk to the fans,even better lets have a forum like you did in Sheffield.
Be nice to get some honest and good news as its pretty thin on the ground at the moment.

Re: Re: Time for the club to speak

Hynod said:
Ingramator said:
Finnertys pockets ;)
Part of me believes u!! I'm getting slightly annoyed is that a bad thing! Atm I'm thinking devils isnt looking gd this season

Finny said:
Hynod said:
Ingramator said:
Finnys pockets ;)
;)
hahahaha

don't make the matter worse

I still trust G can recruit well but unsure if the money is there like last year.

In this league imports come and go the whole time, for me it is not something I worry about because it happens to every team.

Amount of imports re-signed by EIHL clubs so far:

Belfast - 1 (7 imports left to sign)
Braehead - 4 (6 imports left to sign)
Cardiff - 3 (7 imports left to sign)
Coventry - 2 (3 imports left to sign)
Dundee -4 (5 imports left to sign)
Edinburgh - 0 (10 imports left to sign)
Hull - 4 (3 imports left to sign)
Nottingham - 5 (1 import left to sign)
Sheffield - 2 (5 imports left to sign)

So in comparison we really aren't doing that bad in re-signings and I wouldn't be surprised if Stu and Voth re-sign

wildthing74

Thread starter #13
freddieb said:
In this league imports come and go the whole time, for me it is not something I worry about because it happens to every team.

Amount of imports re-signed by EIHL clubs so far:

Belfast - 1 (7 imports left to sign)
Braehead - 4 (6 imports left to sign)
Cardiff - 3 (7 imports left to sign)
Coventry - 2 (3 imports left to sign)
Dundee -4 (5 imports left to sign)
Edinburgh - 0 (10 imports left to sign)
Hull - 4 (3 imports left to sign)
Nottingham - 5 (1 import left to sign)
Sheffield - 2 (5 imports left to sign)
The point is all our big gunns have gone apart from Stuu.How long until that changes?
So in comparison we really aren't doing that bad in re-signings and I wouldn't be surprised if Stu and Voth re-sign

TheStub

Wildthing74 is right. The club really need to speak.

There are a lot of negative rumours doing the rounds, and most of them are being backed up by events.

Even with the club's mouthpiece (el Finny) trying to put a positive spin on everything - things look bleak. Really bleak.

Things need to be said - preferably face to face!

Paul Sullivan - if you read this get yourself out and arrange a Fan Forum You want to be a big man - now is the time to step up and prove yourself. Finny - give him a text to ask him to do this. I don't doubt you have already told him about this thread.

Have fun.

A

Anonymous

PR is a business man, the Devils are making little, if any, profit. Get rid of all our stars and replace then with low costing, incompetent fools.

New signing announced tomorrow (Mcmorrow)

I was excited when PR took control, now I'm cursing the day. What happened to him, and I quote "Making the Devils the biggest team in UK hockey"

Right Oh mate.

Zed said:
PR is a business man, the Devils are making little, if any, profit. Get rid of all our stars and replace then with low costing, incompetent fools.

New signing announced tomorrow (Mcmorrow)

I was excited when PR took control, now I'm cursing the day. What happened to him, and I quote "Making the Devils the biggest team in UK hockey"

Right Oh mate.
I'm with you on this one mate. Steelers have done a pretty gd job so far this off season, we have just list players, need to some how bring bk the faith

Well, isn't that just a slap in the face. Both Michel and Pelle now gone, what an off season this is turning out to be!
I pray to god it is a matter of players wanting to move on regardless of money. We NEED to make some damn good signings soon or its not going to go down to well.
I am very concerned with the lack of PR going on at this end when you compare it to Steelers... the enl team are getting a better look in than the elite!
Ragan you are quickly losing support in Cardiff and you better sort things out sharpish!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

TheStub

Steelers have secured mostly their own Brits, who live in the area.

We have lost our imports by royally shafting them. Poor management. This has very little to do with money at the moment.

TheStub said:
Steelers have secured mostly their own Brits, who live in the area.

We have lost our imports by royally shafting them. Poor management. This has very little to do with money at the moment.
So what next for management?