Ticket Vouchers?

Thread starter #1
How do we feel about receiving vouchers rather than a refund for the behind closed doors games? Not much use to me personally as I was going to the Jan 1st game specifically because of early face off and taking visiting family.

Kevlar68

It will depend on each individuals circumstances. I had a voucher at the beginning of 2020 after first lockdown for match tickets I had bought and used it August 2021, didn't bother me.

Thread starter #7
Looking around at Cardiff Rugby and Cardiff City, both have offered full refunds for the same issue.Wrexham have said there will be a refund but no details of how/when yet. Doesn’t appear Swansea City & Newport county have yet released their intentions. Whilst I acknowledge that this is not the clubs fault, equally it is not the spectators fault either. It will be interesting to see how this develops as I would be surprised if I was the only one thinking that a refund should be due especially if as commented that the Devils will be compensated from the Government.

pjj365

Not overly pleased. Webcast never works for us.
First time for years I've been reliant on webcast
1st game appalling so changed browser from Chrome to Firefox and came off main server to one of the back ups - not always the same one. No problems from them on in
I'm just hoping that Infinity are busily re-sizing their serves for the load that's coming their way

Jonesy83

I’m happy enough with a voucher, as I’ll definitely use them like I have for the games i had tickets for before lockdown 1.

If you have a certain type of circumstance, visiting family, friends going for a first time and would prefer a refund, I see no issue in emailing the club and requesting a refund instead of a voucher. I’ve had a few refunds from ticket master for gigs I can’t make due to the new dates not falling right.

T10P

Ironically I used my vouchers given for the first lockdown cancellation on the the up and coming NYD game. So technically I’ve been sitting on match tickets for what, 3 years now..? maybe a full refund should atleast be an option.

Hedd Wyn John

As a ST holder it doesn't really affect me, we're getting access to the webcast.

The point I'd make is that while a full refund is preferable to a voucher- I think a lot of it will be down to the financial situation of the organisation whether they can afford to do that.

Cardiff City have big TV money - so they can afford to give refunds, Cardiff Rugby again there's a TV deal and they're basically backed by the WRU. Those organisations can take a financial hit like that.

Cardiff Devils I imagine will need that ticket money to pay players and other costs which is why I suspect they are giving out vouchers.

WG have agreed to fund clubs - but a) they don't know how much and b) they don't know how long it will be for that money to come through.

That's my take on it.

Samael

I think the club should offer a choice, refund or webcast. I think most would opt for the latter but a refund option would stamp out any moaning from the minority who have a poor Internet connection and cannot stream games. I'm not a ST holder myself but if l were l wouldn't expect a refund as this is beyond the club's control. Given the short notice l think the club have responded appropriately.

E.D.S.

Has to be a refund OR voucher for me. Everything I was booked to go and see last year that was cancelled had a refund option. I'm sure the club will sort it out. They've responded to this bizarre announcement very quickly which is all credit to them.

fdlf666

Todd is doing his best for the Devils supporters given the short notice he has had over the closed door games and has come out with this solution very quickly. There are always going to be teething problems and it is always going to be difficult to please everyone’s wishes.
I have obtained Season Tickets for other supporters who do not have PC‘s or emails, but I sure that Todd/Devils will come up with a solution given time.

d20

Not interested in a webcast to watch this team and it hardly “free “ when ive already paid over £50 for tickets

Earnie

There are three S/T holders sitting close to me who have no email addresses, internet or even computers. They are in a grey area and I guess should contact Katrina?

MA18

Is what it is. I’ve got three season tickets and planned to go to the games. Find it difficult to watch on the TV via a stream but it’s sunk cost for me. Like the first time we had restrictions I’m in a position where I can support the club, hopefully for the long term and greater good.

fdlf666

Todd is doing his best for the Devils supporters given the short notice he has had over the closed door games and has come out with this solution very quickly. There are always going to be teething problems and it is always going to be difficult to please everyone’s wishes.
I have obtained Season Tickets for other supporters who do not have PC‘s or emails, but I sure that Todd/Devils will come up with a solution given time.
Todd’s hardworking team have promptly resolved this situation in a professional and amicable manner,. Great thanks to the Devils Organisation, especially as I am sure they currently have more important and pressing matters to deal with.