This Squad

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Just how good is this squad, it just gets better and better big time, we score 8 goals with 8 different scorers, the magnificent Joey Martin not scoring untrue, some of that play against Clan was pure poetry in motion. We were so lucky to bring back so many of last terms players, and added pure class players to the mix, on top of that to see the explosion of play by Moore and Rutkis, is just a pure joy. To think we still have the magnificent Faryna to come back, and with 2 top netminders, Myers like a fine wine, Ritchie like a rock, Batchy back to his best, we are so blessed it’s untrue. Love this team, it’s capable of being the best ever, so grateful to everyone involved,your hard work is like a shining light, how lucky are we.
Happy Hockey Days

KaneDevils

I've only watched the Panthers game, last week, and thought from a quality perspective, it's one of the worst games between the two sides I've seen. The amount of turnovers in the match, especially in dangerous areas, was incredible. At one stage the devils had a 3 on 1 and failed to get a shot off.

Slartibartfast

The Panthers game was pretty bad in terms of mistakes made. That aside, I agree with everything Glynne said. This is one awesome team this year. I have never seen such depth. All the lines are clicking, there is always someone in support if someone gets in trouble, they attack in endless waves, they forecheck relentlessly, they backcheck well, and everyone seems to be peaking really early in the season.
They are making a lot of teams look really bad because they just can't handle what the Devils throw at them.
When you see a 4th line that good you know this years team is something special.
Its a good time to be a Devils fan.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #4
Totally agree the Panthers game was a hiccup, we will all have them, Panthers had theirs against Steelers, and Glasgow,this team seem to have a sixth sense about where their team mates are, it’s all about the coaching and professionalism, Teams that are fairly good are made to look fairly poor by these guys. As Slartibartfast says, it’s a good time to be a Devil. Best ticket in town guys, get yours now so you won’t be disappointed, this team is a pure joy to watch.
Happy Hockey Days

osh

I’d also add that our CHL games this season have helped us enormously. It’s interesting to note that we are employing various moves and passing phases used so effectively against us by very good CHL teams. We are also copying very well certain PK and PP techniques other top class teams use, top marks to Lord but you have to have the players that are able to do those things in a squad so welll and we obviously do thankfully.

Kevlar68

They do look good this season and all players brought in this season are bringing something different to our game but lets not get carried away, still early days yet lets not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time.