This must make Vother smile

E.D.S.

Thread starter #1
Kelman - you're a goon!

taken from the reputable Star paper in Seffield:

Giants hope Voth and co will soften Steelers
By Bob Westerdale
CARDIFF DEVILS are "obsessed" about Sheffield Steelers and are revved up to try and reverse this season's series of defeats to the league leaders.
Their determination to get maximum points from Sheffield Arena on Saturday is obvious even to other Elite Leeague rivals.

Belfast Giants' General Manager Todd Kelman revealed: "We were in Cardiff last weekend end and all we kept hearing was: 'next week in Sheffield this and next week in Sheffield that' they are pretty obsessed with Sheffield, mind you after being beaten at home three times by Steelers, so would I be."

Giants are the next visitors to the House of Steel, on Sunday. And Kelman hope Brad Voth and his Devils will have "softened" Steelers in time up for their side.

"I hope Cardiff run and gun against Steelers, I hope Voth plays up to his very worst and causes mayhem.

"Cardiff play very physically at home and I hope they bring that game. In fact, I hope come Sunday morning every Steelers' player aches like hell when they get up, I hope every one of them has bruises all over their body and are softened up for when we arrive. I hope they go to work on Sheffield!" said the Belfast boss.

"It's not just Voth that Sheffield have to watch out for. He leads the way, but then Doug MacIver, Derek Campbell and the others join in and start running guys and trying to get things going. They are not exactly held back by their coach (Gerad Adams) either, he is quite happy for Devils to stir it up.

"Voth ran our own player George Awada after he scored last weekend, a real sucker punch, it was never seen by the referee, I don't want to send the tapes to the league, I'm not in to all that, also I don't want Voth suspended, I want him playing against the Steelers!

"We need Sheffield to drop points, and maybe if they get run out of their own rink by Voth then there could be a chance of a Devils win on Saturday and that's what I want."

"All the clubs are scratching their heads and wondering just how do we beat them. We played a good game in Belfast two weeks ago, Sheffield were not at their best yet they still found a way to beat us. Paul Thompson felt that Coventry played their 'A' game against the Steelers last Sunday. He felt that the Blaze deserved the win, the reality is that Sheffield found a way to beat them too, in their own building

"We are all trying to beat them with good hockey, with speed and skill, maybe Cardiff will have a bit more luck with good old fashioned muscle and brutality. We are hoping for that anyway."

Personally I love the bit about Cardiff not having any skill and Voth's cheap shots! Vother is such a coward, he never drops the gloves and fights!!! Nice one Kelman!
More good press from The Stir

Chris

Administrator
It's all fine still Voth actually does hit a Steeler, then Kelman will be in the papers saying how Voth deserves to be banned :roll:

Chris.

James

Administrator
Has he forgotten we play them tonight ? :D Lets hope both teams are sporting bruises and a loss by the time Sunday comes.

Mooney#16

This is why this league is going to the dogs. Stupid people in high places holding knowledgable hockey people in this country in such low regard as to think they'll fall for all this public BS.

The ridiculous way every club is courting the media to try and over hype fixtures for bums on seats just doesn't sit well with me. The thing is none of them actually believe in a word of what they say and probably laugh merrily about it over a beer after the games. It is just generated for the sake of getting fans worked up enough to go buy a ticket and increase the revenue. Me personally i find it all pretty ridiculous.

I just want to see professionally run top flight hockey played by players giving it everything that doesn't come with this quite unprofessional PR mumbo jumbo that is blighting the sport. Since when was hockey about this. If players have differences sort it on the ice like men and then tell your GM or PR man to shut up as there's no story. If they don't like getting hit then time to get out of the sport as I for one will not spend money to see 10 premadonnas figure skate around each other and then whine in public because they got pushed over. League take note get your house in order and raise the bar for this league or it is for the scrap heap and your jobs with it.

P.s I'm going to high five myself for getting mumbo jumbo in a post.

mazza03

What makes me laugh is the mention of Campbell, have they not kept up to date and don't know he is out injured. A load of tosh ;)

Cant belive the way Todd is getting on here, I mean God knows that we could do with a player like Voth in Belfast, Giants seem to always lack toughness and skill together.

drainage

What is the current obsession with having to say "sucker punch" !!!!! If the current comments are to be believed we dont play hockey we simply creep up on people and hit them when they aren't looking !! When is the league going to get a grip and stop people who are in charge of teams inciting trouble ???? In most sports there is action for bringing the game into disrepute ..... how come Cardiff/Voth bashing is acceptable ????????

drainage said:
What is the current obsession with having to say "sucker punch" !!!!! If the current comments are to be believed we dont play hockey we simply creep up on people and hit them when they aren't looking !! When is the league going to get a grip and stop people who are in charge of teams inciting trouble ???? In most sports there is action for bringing the game into disrepute ..... how come Cardiff/Voth bashing is acceptable ????????
thats true i dont think i have ever heard the word "sucker punch" be used before this season and now its poping up all over the place. This ridiculous amateur media bashing does need to be stopped, why are the devils the most talked about thing this season??