This is bound to jinx us...but....

Finny

Thread starter #1
Looking at the stats sent by the league today, I would say we have had a pretty good start to the season.

We're yet to lose a league game in regulation.

We're the second highest scorers so far this season.

Faulkner is both the top goalscorer and points scorer overall.

Chris Blight is 3rd highest points scorer.

Max, Stu and Phil are joint 8th highest scorers.
Whilst Phil is also the joint top scoring Brit.

Reasons to be optomistic?

ASHIPP

Finny - reasons to be proud, I'd say :D

It's a long season but the changes made to the team on Sunday seem to be more effective although Neil fully acknowledges in today's 'Echo' that lots still to work on. And they showed the gutsy, hardworking character that has defined the Devils in the past.

Great to see these guys starting to gel and some excellent individual talent in the team performances.

Gazza272

Agreed there is reason to be optimistic.

I just think we need deeds to be more of a spark plug in terms of hitting etc.

He has the ability to be a Tylor, just sadly not the desire at the moment imo.

drainage

Gazza272 said:
Agreed there is reason to be optimistic.

I just think we need deeds to be more of a spark plug in terms of hitting etc.

He has the ability to be a Tylor, just sadly not the desire at the moment imo.
Is it desire or simply something that needs to click ? If you look at Jeff Pierce there were games when you could tell his head was a million miles away from the game he was playing , not sure this is where Deeds is really

I think its almost like a penny needs to drop ....... I hope shortly the hype goes and the play starts. He is a absolute character off ice thats clear ..... just some focus on ice needed

Gazza272

drainage said:
Is it desire or simply something that needs to click ? If you look at Jeff Pierce there were games when you could tell his head was a million miles away from the game he was playing , not sure this is where Deeds is really

I think its almost like a penny needs to drop ....... I hope shortly the hype goes and the play starts. He is a absolute character off ice thats clear ..... just some focus on ice needed

I think it's a total different situation to Pierce. Pierce was just a laid back character.

I think part of it is Deeds doesnt want to be a loose cannon and cost us, but for me he needs that anger and intensity in his game to shine through. I get the feeling he is repressing it. He needs to unleash it and we will see the best of him, it will cost us a few power plays. But I also think it will give us an edge overall.

If we dont see it I have to ask if its worth keeping him around as I havent seen enough offensively from him.

Finny said:
Looking at the stats sent by the league today, I would say we have had a pretty good start to the season.

We're yet to lose a league game in regulation.

We're the second highest scorers so far this season.

Faulkner is both the top goalscorer and points scorer overall.

Chris Blight is 3rd highest points scorer.

Max, Stu and Phil are joint 8th highest scorers.
Whilst Phil is also the joint top scoring Brit.

Reasons to be optomistic?

Doh :DWD

Am I right in thinking Deeds only seems to fight when we're winning or level? He seems to quieten down when we're behind. Which is a good thing IMO as he realises we can't afford the penalty. (Unlike Frank last year).

Ocko

I dont think it's a good thing. LLoyd and Keefe and Belfast's 2 most influential players. Taking them to the box for 5 minutes would've hurt them. On top of that we were bullied yet again by a small (in size) team in our own rink and lost 4-0. The nice approach of playing like a European team and scoring plenty of goals will not happen with this team.

Do you honestly think Lloyd or Keefe would have accepted an invitation to fight last night? They'd have just laughed and pointed at the scoreboard.

I was as frustrated as anyone else last night, but taking dumb penalties wouldn't have helped the cause at all.

James

Administrator
Imagine said:
Do you honestly think Lloyd or Keefe would have accepted an invitation to fight last night? They'd have just laughed and pointed at the scoreboard.

I was as frustrated as anyone else last night, but taking dumb penalties wouldn't have helped the cause at all.
Keefe offered both Maxi and Deeds out that I saw. They both laughed it off.

Lloyd looked ready to drop them with Kenton I think it was.

Keefe gave maxi a little dig after his hit and would have gone no doubt.

Peacock looked quite happy to go with batch who skated away.

For me, somebody had to step up last night but it never came.

Have Hope#35

Completely agree... Something needed to happen end of the 2nd Period at 1-0, think the Devils would have been pumped up for the 3rd Period then... The Maxi hit got the crowd going but instead of building off that it went flat again!?