This Coming Week

Devil94

Thread starter #1
Often this season and the last, the phrase biggest game or weekend of the season has been used many times. But this week doesn't get much bigger. In 7 days time we could be comfortable at the top of the league and in the CC final, or dropped to 2nd and out of the cup.
Would take a point Saturday, and confident we can take the two on sunday. Nervous times...

Koop11

Huge week and one which will take its toll on the players. This is very much the kind of week that defines a team’s season. Men from the boys stuff. Its exciting to be involved.

ASHIPP

Whilst there is no doubting the importance of this next week, hope the Devils are focused on just one game at a time. Also hope they pace themselves and Lord makes the appropriate player selections/rotations depending upon which team and arena they are playing.

BostonBart22

Devil94 said:
I'm assuming the team can train in IAW this week in preparation for saturday? Anyone have info on this?
why train in IAW when their first match there is not planned until 12/13th march and that may not happen .. ;)

Don't see any reason why they couldn't use IAW, the away changing room is usable and the figure skaters were using it last night.

Big weekend for the Devils, if there was ever a time to beat the steelers it's now, in the "Weller" season we had a weekend same as this at roughly the same point and we lost both games, steelers went top and won the league in the end, last season we went there needing the win and they pinched it again, this weekend is either 3rd time lucky or history repeating

(Obviously I don't mean the steelers WILL win the league but it would give them Huge momentum going into the final stretch)

voth26

10 massive league games to end the season, definatey squeaky rear end time for sure, I think we are better equipped this year having had the experience of last seasons end. Well bloody hope so

ASHIPP

Angusdevil7 said:
Don't see any reason why they couldn't use IAW, the away changing room is usable and the figure skaters were using it last night.

Big weekend for the Devils, if there was ever a time to beat the steelers it's now, in the "Weller" season we had a weekend same as this at roughly the same point and we lost both games, steelers went top and won the league in the end, last season we went there needing the win and they pinched it again, this weekend is either 3rd time lucky or history repeating

(Obviously I don't mean the steelers WILL win the league but it would give them Huge momentum going into the final stretch)
IIRC wasn't our home game that weekend (Weller season) won by a last minute goal snatched by Mark Thomas for the Steelers? That's why he has been detested by us ever since!

But they are VERY good at that....last minute goals. Many of their games this season have been won with goals scored very late, or in overtime. Our guys will have to concentrate and play hard for the whole game on both nights.

Kelman/Lord/King formula is absolutely unreal. We must keep this going for as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Marty said:
Kelman/Lord/King formula is absolutely unreal. We must keep this going for as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds like something you'd get from the Doctor!

Feeling under the weather, a bit down in the dumps, you need the Kelman/Lord/King formula. Take 3 times a day (after meals) for 7 days and you'll be right as rain :lol: