The Stanley cup

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
Very surprised there isn't a thread on this at the moment. I've been watching religiously and enjoying every second.

Who has impressed you? Who's disappointed? Who will win the cup?

My tip for the cup would be Tampa bay. Great pk, great pp, great netminding. With all those performing, it will take some team to beat them. Although the injury to bishop could prove huge. He remains day to day. Johnson, kutcherov, and garrison, have impressed for me.

I've been disappointed with two of the biggest names in the sport. Crosby and Malkin, who have offered little in terms of offence, and need to find their rhythm if the pens are to progress.

So far, the entertainment has been awesome!! :Banana :pickle

kettdevil1

Agree on the entertainment and cautiously agree on TBL although surely the key offensive Pens will spark into life soon?

Given the Sharks ability to self combust, I will go for a TBL v Blues final and although I like the way the Blues have built their team in the last few years, it might be one season too soon for them.

TBL over Pens in 6
Blues over Sharks in 7
TBL win in 5

Temme

What I love about the cup is the surprise factor of every single game.

Watching the Crosbys, Malkins, Ovechkins etc you forget about the likes of St. Louis, where there is talent in complete abundance through the whole roster, same with Sharks and Lightning to an extent - they have so many great players.

I think the winner of the Sharks/Blues series lifts the cup, and I'm going with Blues.

Kal

Temme said:
I think the winner of the Sharks/Blues series lifts the cup, and I'm going with Blues.
I'm completely the opposite, i think the winner of Pens/Lightning will take the cup. That said i've been wrong on every match up except the Lightning making the conference final. I had both Sharks and Blues out in the first round :lol:

Temme

Kal said:
Temme said:
I'm completely the opposite, i think the winner of Pens/Lightning will take the cup. That said i've been wrong on every match up except the Lightning making the conference final. I had both Sharks and Blues out in the first round :lol:
Anybody but Pittsburgh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

rocketbob

Watching the playoffs avidly (as the extra bags under my eyes will attest) but I don't want to jinx anything.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

kettdevil1 said:
Agree on the entertainment and cautiously agree on TBL although surely the key offensive Pens will spark into life soon?

Given the Sharks ability to self combust, I will go for a TBL v Blues final and although I like the way the Blues have built their team in the last few years, it might be one season too soon for them.

TBL over Pens in 6
Blues over Sharks in 7
TBL win in 5
I know my hockey :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: