The Sheriff Parts with Star (s)...

Thread starter #1
After the pants title....:

Dundee Stars and Sean McMorrow part company

Published: 05/11/2010 at 08:41
He arrived in a blaze of publicity but today Dundee CCS Stars have announced that Sean 'The Sheriff' McMorrow has left the club by mutual consent.

McMorrow, who played with Belfast Giants last season, has built up a reputation as being a no-nonsense forward that protects his team-mates and quickly made an impact when he arrived in the city.

Stars' Coach Dan Ceman said of McMorrow's departure, "It's tough to see Sean go, I really respect and like him as a person. We felt that both the club and Sean would be better served by this decision. I wish him all the best in the future and thank him for his efforts here."

Stars' director, Charlie Ward added, "We're obviously disappointed the way things worked out but to Sean's credit he realised it was the best him for both him and the club. I would like to thank him for his contribution to Stars and wish him the very best of luck and every success in the future."

Mark666

:shock: No one saw that comming! :lol:

I'd say getting Jay is a great swap. Hopefully its all up from here for them (and they can take some points off the people above us in the league).

wildthing74

Worst kept secret of the week and the season so far,amazed they waited so long to make an official announcement.
The right thing to do and as I have stated on here before I really don't see what McMorrow now brings to any team.
Most teams have tough guys that can play and if you just ignore him he has to stay on the bench as he's a liability on the ice.
He was great at first as he was good publicity for his team and the league and everybody was talking about him.I and my family initially loved watching his antics but he has well and trully been found out now and is nothing more than an overpaid cheerleeder.
He's best to go back to a scrapping league where his 'talents' are better suited.

I think McMorrow's problem (in the Elite League at least) is that he's not really an enforcer. He protects his players no doubt, but the Stars have Makway and Suderman to do that if necessary.

He actually plays with too much respect for the code to be an enforcer. If someone refuses to fight him, he should have gone out and instigated with a star forward every time, but never did. Teams new, if he you didn't fight im centre ice, he was out of the game.

Basically, if he'd have played like Payette when he first came over he would have had more success IMO.

OK we now have the instigator, but McMorrow must have realised he would have been more effective if he'd played like this......I guess you'd have to give him credit for sticking to his principles perhaps in the end at the expense of losing his job.

I'm actually sad to see him go, but he never fulfilled my expectations over here tbh for the reasons above.

shame it had to be that way as he's the sort of character the league needs, the "panto villain" if you will, he puts bums on seats, but the financial situation doesn't allow us the luxury of crowd pleasers who can't play

He'll likely end up joining Sharp in the LNAH where he will get 2 fights a game guaranteed

DevilDom

Soundwave1 said:
I think McMorrow's problem (in the Elite League at least) is that he's not really an enforcer. He protects his players no doubt, but the Stars have Makway and Suderman to do that if necessary.

He actually plays with too much respect for the code to be an enforcer. If someone refuses to fight him, he should have gone out and instigated with a star forward every time, but never did. Teams new, if he you didn't fight im centre ice, he was out of the game.

Basically, if he'd have played like Payette when he first came over he would have had more success IMO.

OK we now have the instigator, but McMorrow must have realised he would have been more effective if he'd played like this......I guess you'd have to give him credit for sticking to his principles perhaps in the end at the expense of losing his job.

I'm actually sad to see him go, but he never fulfilled my expectations over here tbh for the reasons above.
I think this explains his problems over here perfectly, good post.

but the big word there is COULD,

but then they do get linked with ever so called player out there, after when we signed out new player, it all on there fourm that they were having this big player to them etc ....

TheStub

What a waste for them. Although it could work, bringing fans in to see the fuss - and he may actually make it as an EPL third liner.

But with the import limits in the EPL, you would think it a waste.

James

Administrator
Also isn't there a limit on how many Imports can be on the ice at any one time in the EPL? It counts if they are in the box too so I can't see it's going to help them

i think the steal dogs only have 2 imports at the moment as they have such a small budget but if mcmorrow dose go to them biggest wast of money as no one will fight him in the epl and he will still be one of the worst players on the team