The Nottingham Rip Off

Thread starter #1
Why do clubs continue to rip off genuine Ice Hockey fans. I rang the Nottingham Ice Centre earlier in the week to ask if they would consider a reduction in ticket prices as we had a party of 42 going up on the bus. They said that there were no discounts for AWAY supporters as they had already reduced the tickets to £15. The normal price of a ticket for the CENTRE blocks of the NIC are £16. The away section is on the corner. This was the same price as Nottingham fans paid to sit opposite to where we were. So where is the discount.

Upon arrival we had 2 young children along with their parents and they enquired about a family ticket. They were told that they did not do family tickets for away supporters, ONLY FOR HOME SUPPORTERS. Is this not some kind of DISCRIMINATION.?? This couple then had to pay £15 each for themselves and, wait for it, £12 each for their children aged 4 and 5!!!!!! £54 for a game of hockey. An absolute rip off of the first degree.

I then asked the head of security about free entrance for our driver to which he replied that they did not do things like that. He was quite smug when I said that it was not a fair way to treat Away supporters like that, but his attitude was pretty 'could not care less'.

Later he saw the driver in the rink and ONLY ASKED TO SEE HIS TICKET. To his surprise the driver had one, but only through the intervention of the Devils coach driver who had got him one a little bit earlier.

If this is the attitude of a club like Nottingham then they must be paying their players to much so they stive to rip off away fans get in every penny they can.

Thank god we have got Matt Burge.

kettdevil1

Wasn't there on Sunday so not sure if it happened then but another issue with Nottingham...

Why are there always home supporters who insist on sit in the same block as away supporters and then insist on trying to wind them up... I know every rink has them but there just seems to be a particular issue at the NIC. As mentioned Security are also particularly rubbish.

I was there on sunday at the game and the block that we sat in isn't on the webpage stating the prices for the away fans but i did find this on the NIC website about prices for the hockey.

http://www.seetickets.com/trentfmarena_ ... 88&userid={58BB30B4-F051-4EC4-A512-59EA527EFAB9}&filler1=arena&filler2=multiarenafiller1=arena&filler2=multiarena&orderby=overprice&dpts=

It does say that kids prices go from £7 in the Bronze seating area but guess what the away fans aren't in that block!!!!!

drainage

I would like to know what NICs response is in the allegation they are penalising away fans ? Maybe we should suggest at Devils Vs Panthers games the price for block 15 increases ? I am not aware that any rink charges away fans more - in todays climate it seems something of an own goal. That family would probably think twice about going at £12 a child in future and who can blame them.

Alternatively we all select a "home" block and sit there ??

James

Administrator
There was a discussion on THF last year so its not the first time. I think the Nottingham fans said to buy seats in the home area and just go and sit in the away area as it never sells out.

RhiO

Smae happened to me too - I nearly fell through the floor when I was told kids were £12 - would never have gone if I'd known this. I'ev tried to phone the Panthers office but not managed to get through. I think it's an absolute disgrace - shame on you Panthers!!!!

Next time, devils fans should agree to sit in a panthers block, Lets say 5 for example. So people who are going up on the bus and seperatly can all sit together.

DevilDom

I went to the match against Nottingham with my 8 year old son. When I went to buy and pay for my tickets and the lady at the box office said £27 I initially thought she had mis-heard me and charged for 2 adults!

Its an absolute disgrace. I'm sure there is a rule for football grounds not being able to charge away fans more than home fans and there should be a similar rule for the Elite League. Either that or we get into the silly tit-for-tat of charging Panthers fans more when they come to us which I don't think helps anyone. I actually prefer it when we have a good away following as it adds to the atmosphere, then again at the NIC the only atmosphere that was being created was coming from the Devils Fans!