The Men behind the Planet ice curtain?

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
So i've been doing some digging last week after reading the SORAC thread and I think I have some questions to pose to the Inferno.

Basically looking through Planet Ice info thats freely available on Companies house it appears there are two gentleman who never ever get questioned or mentioned in any Planet Ice dealings. These gentleman are by the names of Joseph Heanen and Alexander Geffert.

From what I can assertain, these two gentleman own the Arena Group which in Turn owns Planet ice through a company called Fleetdon ltd. Now....

What I would like to ask is the following:

Which group tendered for the new rink? Because on the 11th August 2009 Planet Ice Ltd was dissolved. It was then opened again on the 19th August 2009. However each Planet Ice rink has its own company registered, as well as th Arena group and Fleetdon ltd all having links to Planet ice.

So if Planet ice ltd applied for the Tender of the rink, would the dissolving of this company on the 11th August crossed streams as it were with the Tender Process? Surely if Planet ice ltd was the company bidding for the tender then if they had been dissolved during the time some questions have to be asked?

I will preface this by saying thta should the Arena group, Fleetdon ltd or the Cardiff Planet ice ltd been the company on the tender documents my question would be null and void.

The biggest thing I found however was that Jospeh Heanen has had a business prescence in Cardiff since the year 2000 through a company called Le Monde Holdings who have their offices resgistered at 60-62 St Mary Street which by my calculations is Mbargo bar and was previously Le Monde restraunt I believe. Nothing wrong with this, but I think it might be the key to how well Planet Ice have presented themselves in Cardiff given that one of their owners has had business prescence in Cardiff for a decade now.

So in Short, Who are Heanen and Geffert and why are they so quiet on Planet ice business?

Which company tendered for the rink initially and what date was that?

I dont think Planet ice have done anything wrong here, I just found it interesting what I found consdering how loud Petrious and Neville et al have been. There are silent people behind the curtain.

Gazza272 said:
I will preface this by saying thta should the Arena group, Fleetdon ltd or the Cardiff Planet ice ltd been the company on the tender documents my question would be null and void.
The tender was awarded to the Arena Group. :cry:

Gazza272

Thread starter #3
Gingers Husband said:
Gazza272 said:
The tender was awarded to the Arena Group. :cry:

Thats interesting then, as I believe only Heanen and Geffert own shares in that company (could be wrong!) In which case they should be the delegates for the meeting this evening with SORAC as Petrious is only MD of planet ice and not the Arena group. (again could be wrong on this but i think i'm right)

Why do you think that they should be the delegates? I think the phrase, why have a dog and bark yourself comes into mind.
At the end of the day, it wouldn't really matter which limited company tendered for the contract, until the contract is awarded, there is no legal realationship between the parties. And at the end of the day, if the tender was awarded to a holding company, it would be likely that this is who would be stated within the construction contract, or even one of it's subsiduries. It doesn't really matter, as long as the company is actually trading at the time of award of contract (something which can often take a very long time, after the point at which the winning bidder is announced).