The lack of consistency myth

I agree with Hedd Wyn John. There were numerous times this season where we were in 1st gear for 2 periods until we went a few goals down, then we would come to play.

Last edited:

jenks33

I think we knew Faryna’s departure might come back to haunt us and in my opinion it certainly did. He brought us that scoring depth. We obviously lost a player that was a ‘Mr agitator’ but let’s not forget he scored 25 goals the previous season. When you think Livingston, Duggan and Mosey ( I appreciate he played D as well) scored about 13 between them I don’t think we replaced those goals. Throw on top of that Pope and Morissette’s point production was a lot lower this season.
Belfast on the other hand just seemed to go up a gear when they brought in Smotherman and Higgins. Losing Beauvillier didn’t seem to be an issue for them.

Diablo3

I thought Pope had a strong latter half, with some classy assists. Capt Mo brings more than just points. I also wouldn't swap Livingstone, Duggan or Mosey, they will only get better. Yes the Giants had a strong finish to the season, but we tied on points and scored only 3 goals less than them (1 fewer conceded) even with that rough patch.

I'm looking forward to next season, hopefully with all the above still in the roster.

jimmy snels

I thought Pope had a strong latter half, with some classy assists. Capt Mo brings more than just points. I also wouldn't swap Livingstone, Duggan or Mosey, they will only get better. Yes the Giants had a strong finish to the season, but we tied on points and scored only 3 goals less than them (1 fewer conceded) even with that rough patch.

I'm looking forward to next season, hopefully with all the above still in the roster.
so u want to go with the same roster? or would you make changes?

Diablo3

I'd only make changes where players want to, or need to leave. We were a much better settled side post November. A full season with this roster would be a challenge for the Giants. Just look at the smiles on the players faces when they are going through pre game warm up, they all clearly get on and they have the talent.

jenks33

Pope having a strong latter half is very generous. He had a great playoff weekend, I’ll give you that.
Yes Giants only scored 3 goals more than us but we need to remember that Fournier had a ridiculously good season. 24 goals and 71 points from defence is way above and beyond from a D man in this league. We used to wax lyrical about Hotham’s point production and he scored between 51 and 61 points in his 4 years. We can’t rely on a defenceman scoring 70 + points every season. Roach was Giants top goal scorer and he scored 8.
I’d certainly take Duggan and Mosey back. I’d like us to replace Pope, Mo and Livingston. That’s just my opinion though.

Diablo3

We all have opinions, that's what makes the forum work :) Whatever roster we end up with, I will be there cheering them on. (already booked the playoffs with red army for next year)