The Future

kingmo19.1

I’d like to see a reduction in the number of imports from its current number down to 12 per team and make it mandatory that each team has 8 home grown players. Why? Although GB did really well in the Worlds, the vast majority of that team is old. That crop came through when import limits were lower than today and I can see GB suffering in the future if the current import levels remain the same. I would imagine a reduction would also reduce the financial burden on a few clubs that might be struggling somewhat!

jenks33

I’d like to see a reduction in the number of imports from its current number down to 12 per team and make it mandatory that each team has 8 home grown players. Why? Although GB did really well in the Worlds, the vast majority of that team is old. That crop came through when import limits were lower than today and I can see GB suffering in the future if the current import levels remain the same. I would imagine a reduction would also reduce the financial burden on a few clubs that might be struggling somewhat!
I think this is the only way I can see the EIHL surviving longer term. Four or five teams might be ok but at the end of the day I think we'd all prefer a league with 10 to 12 teams that's consistently competitive.

Purely from a selfish point of view the best Ice Hockey I've seen in the UK is when the import numbers are high (The Superleague days and now) I'm just not sure it's sustainable though.

Regarding GB I'm not sure enough Ice Hockey folk in the UK care about the National Team. I'm talking about the people in power and fans. It's evident that a majority of Scots and Northern Irish aren't particularly bothered and plenty of fans in England and Wales feel the same. So i'm sceptical that tough decisions will be made for the benefit of the National Team.

Wagstaff

I always wonder how we get away with an import heavy team playing in the CHL vs teams that are predominantly home talent with a small number of imports.
Ok in the majority of matchups, our home teams still get a spanking but if the ratios had to be roughly the same as our opposition, we would need a lot more Brits playing decent minutes at EIHL level to prevent complete embarrassment

BostonBart22

I always wonder how we get away with an import heavy team playing in the CHL vs teams that are predominantly home talent with a small number of imports.
Ok in the majority of matchups, our home teams still get a spanking but if the ratios had to be roughly the same as our opposition, we would need a lot more Brits playing decent minutes at EIHL level to prevent complete embarrassment
The future of the EIHL could be the Blaze looking at the signings.. we will have to be on our toes this season against your lot, looking forward to the battles..

Wagstaff

The future of the EIHL could be the Blaze looking at the signings.. we will have to be on our toes this season against your lot, looking forward to the battles..
I just hope we will be a tough team to play but entertaining, we’ve certainly gone for the youth and exuberance model this year.

Rob Batch

Thread starter #8
Lots of great signings so far all across the league, great news for the league. Our core team gives us a head start CHL wise but the League is a harder goal this year. Big name signings all around which is fantastic !