The future of the Elite League and its teams

Kevin roog

the devils have said all season ticket money will go into a separate account which will be refunded if there is no season , my tickets cost £2300, I need to be already paying instalments now to bring the cost down, if there is half a season I’ll get half back , simples

Rempel16

The first league game is usually September. We will be back to normal 100%

Just a few questions I thought I would ask you all
Phew, I was going to contest this being back to normal by then..... But then you said '100%' so no need, it's now guaranteed and I can inform my work that my employment will be back to the terms of pre-covid. Thank you for the assurance.

Wannabe2

the devils have said all season ticket money will go into a separate account which will be refunded if there is no season , my tickets cost £2300, I need to be already paying instalments now to bring the cost down, if there is half a season I’ll get half back , simples
Yes that’s exactly what Todd has stated, I paid my £1400 to keep my seats and to hopefully see some hockey in season 20/21. This club is now on a level it hasn’t been on for years, and we all need to do our bit to keep it there. Stay Safe All.

BostonBart22

on another note , will the uk be willing to have citizens from another country enter our shores not knowing if they have the virus re . our imports.. or on the other hand will players want to come to uk especially as we will no doubt be the 2nd nation with most deaths behind Usa.

Earnie

The U.K. are seemingly landing about 15,000 passengers per day even now. They leave the airports without health checks. Bonkers or what?
So I don’t foresee a problem as far as potential imports are concerned.
( you could however ask yourself the question why would they want to come here?)
It is only mid April so let us hope things are much improved by end of the summer.

matbur

Thread starter #71
Let’s hope your not a season ticket holder then who will be paying for your ticket to see nothing happen
I honestly cannot tell whether you are just trolling or not.

The fact is, the Devils like every other business/professional sports team pretty much around the world right now, do not know the exact scale of impact these current circumstances are going to have mid and long-term. Nobody does.

The Devils quite simply have to advertise for their season tickets as the financial commitment these generate will help determine their budget for the forthcoming season. They need to plan accordingly for the best-case scenario, but until anyone official in government says otherwise they cannot just write off the entire season and not plan or attempt to sell tickets. In the worst case scenario, they refund all season tickets i.e. the season is unable to go ahead or is no longer financially viable.

My personal opinion for what it's worth, is that the distancing restrictions will need to remain in place for a long time after any sort of restrictions around lockdown have been loosened. Best case scenario in my opinion would be reduced capacity with compulsory measures in place (masks, etc), worst-case we don't get a hockey season.

There is a school of thought that a second, or even, waves of outbreaks are quite possible and could become a regular occurance until a vaccine has been sought and effectively implemented across British society.

Please don't be naive enough to think that this just clear ups and things conveniently return to normal once the fatality rate drops.

pjj365

HMG has today stated that they expect clubs, pubs and restaurants to be the last to have restrictions removed. The pessimist in me thinks that sporting venues being much bigger although with less frequent contact may not even be in their thoughts at the moment so who knows - except Devilsatw of course

kingmo19.1

I have faith that DevilsATW will lead us out of this COVID-19 pandemic, he’s stepped up, unlike any government or organisation in the world and GUARANTEED this will be over before the start of the 2020-2021 Ice Hockey Season!

I’ve heard that he’s cracked the vaccine and it’s already proven! Amazing science by the man in question. I’ve even seen the recipe:-

1. Quarter of a pint of water from the bay.
2. 87.5 grains of dust from the BBT foundations.
3. 6.925 drops of Lordo’s sweat.
4. 5 mashed chips from Dorothys fish bar.
5. A smidgen of Brains Dark.
6. One Viola rubber hot dog bun (grinded down).
7. 4 mashed carrots.
8. 1 spoonful of angel delight.
9. 3 berocca vitamin tablets.
10. 4 lemsip powders.
11. 6 oranges.

Blend all that up and bolt it then your immune !!!!!

Hero!

Last edited:

Wagstaff

I don’t know how your rink finances itself, but I wonder how long the rinks around the UK can last with no trade, the clubs may be able to survive but if the rinks go bust, the clubs go with them!

matbur

Thread starter #75
Yeah agree, as I wrote in the OP, you have to question whether the league is collectively strong enough to survive this. It's a huge worry. I don't think people actually realise this.

doron

perhaps if they have to play behind closed doors. all season ticket holders will get a free tv stream pass for all games.and everyone else will have to get streaming for their games , or ? maybe free sports may want to televise all games ( it's not as if they are going to have a lot of sports to pick from ? ) that way they get viewers and clubs get some money. but i suppose the same go's for all sports though ?

matbur

Thread starter #79
Online streaming would be an option but it would generate far less revenue than normal matchday income.

The more I think about it: considering what post-quarantine life might look like and the financial muscle of the EIHL, the more I think the 2020/21 season won't go ahead on the basis of damage limitation and in the interest of preserving the league through these unprecedented times.

Wannabe2

I have faith that DevilsATW will lead us out of this COVID-19 pandemic, he’s stepped up, unlike any government or organisation in the world and GUARANTEED this will be over before the start of the 2020-2021 Ice Hockey Season!

I’ve heard that he’s cracked the vaccine and it’s already proven! Amazing science by the man in question. I’ve even seen the recipe:-

1. Quarter of a pint of water from the bay.
2. 87.5 grains of dust from the BBT foundations.
3. 6.925 drops of Lordo’s sweat.
4. 5 mashed chips from Dorothys fish bar.
5. A smidgen of Brains Dark.
6. One Viola rubber hot dog bun (grinded down).
7. 4 mashed carrots.
8. 1 spoonful of angel delight.
9. 3 berocca vitamin tablets.
10. 4 lemsip powders.
11. 6 oranges.

Blend all that up and bolt it then your immune !!!!!

Hero!
Or alternatively
1. Pint of water off Jack and Jill
2.76 grains of sand of the Sandman
3. 1 crushed molar off the tooth fairy
4. 2 mashed eggs off the Easter Bunny
5. 4ozs of fat off Humpty Dumpty
6. 2 mashed pies off Simple Simon
7.1lb of the finest soot, off Santa
8. Sprinkling of magic dust
9.Jar of honey of Yogi Bear
10. Blend all together for 3 x 20 min periods.
Now all you have to do is believe.